Galaxies- large and old, creationism fails

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2014, 11:34 AM
RE: Galaxies- large and old, creationism fails
Theo, it's official... you're a disingenuous mental gymnast.

(10-12-2014 11:14 AM)theophilus Wrote:  The Bible says that the earth was created only a few thousand years ago; it doesn't say anything about when the rest of the universe was created.

Liar. Just liar.

You are a liar.

If you've studied your Hebrew you would know that the word for "heavens" used in Gen. 1 and 2 does, in fact, mean the space above the earth. You're just an effin' liar.

Quote:One the fourth day God placed lights in the sky but the Bible doesn't say he created the bodies that were the source of those lights at that time.

Yes it does. It says He created the heavens. Liar.

Quote:Since there was light the sun must have already existed.

Go read Genesis again. Liar.

Quote:All of us have experienced cloudy days when there was light but the sun couldn't be seen. Obviously this condition prevailed over the whole earth before the fourth day. God changed atmospheric conditions so that the sun, moon, and stars became visible.

You're functionally retarded. And a liar.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like kingschosen's post
10-12-2014, 11:38 AM
(10-12-2014 11:14 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(07-12-2014 07:36 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I asked my former creationist friend about why there are objects so far away if the universe was 6,000 years old,

The Bible says that the earth was created only a few thousand years ago; it doesn't say anything about when the rest of the universe was created.

One the fourth day God placed lights in the sky but the Bible doesn't say he created the bodies that were the source of those lights at that time. Since there was light the sun must have already existed. All of us have experienced cloudy days when there was light but the sun couldn't be seen. Obviously this condition prevailed over the whole earth before the fourth day. God changed atmospheric conditions so that the sun, moon, and stars became visible.

There is a post in my blog where I explain this in more detail:

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2014/0...-universe/

Wow! I think Kingchosen pretty much summed it up. There is no scientifically credible evidence for a young earth, end of story.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
12-12-2014, 11:03 AM
you guys need jesus, he will help you repent of your sins.Angel
12-12-2014, 12:01 PM
(12-12-2014 11:03 AM)CHRIST IS OUR SAVIOR Wrote:  you guys need jesus, he will help you repent of your sins.Angel

... but where's the fun in that?

Dodgy

12-12-2014, 12:40 PM
(12-12-2014 11:03 AM)CHRIST IS OUR SAVIOR Wrote:  you guys need jesus, he will help you repent of your sins.Angel

[Image: fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-can-t-tell...7e8642.jpg]

Though I think you hurt jesus' feelings by not capitalizing his name.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
12-12-2014, 01:11 PM

You need shrek, he will help you realize love and life.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
12-12-2014, 01:37 PM

Tell me more.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
12-12-2014, 02:16 PM
(10-12-2014 11:14 AM)theophilus Wrote:  The Bible says that the earth was created only a few thousand years ago; it doesn't say anything about when the rest of the universe was created.

Genesis 1:1-5 begs to differ. God creates light on day 1 (Genesis 1:3). Even if there was a universe prior to that (Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:14-16 are pretty clear that you're wrong about that bit too) you wouldn't be able to see it.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
12-12-2014, 02:17 PM

Can't have sins without god so I don't need Jesus.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
12-12-2014, 03:33 PM
(10-12-2014 11:14 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(07-12-2014 07:36 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I asked my former creationist friend about why there are objects so far away if the universe was 6,000 years old,

The Bible says that the earth was created only a few thousand years ago; it doesn't say anything about when the rest of the universe was created.

One the fourth day God placed lights in the sky but the Bible doesn't say he created the bodies that were the source of those lights at that time. Since there was light the sun must have already existed. All of us have experienced cloudy days when there was light but the sun couldn't be seen. Obviously this condition prevailed over the whole earth before the fourth day. God changed atmospheric conditions so that the sun, moon, and stars became visible.

There is a post in my blog where I explain this in more detail:

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2014/0...-universe/

Seeing as how the earth is 4 billion years old I can tell either your god has done things the way science has demonstrated or your book is false, and seeing the talking snakes it is false

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube