Galaxies- large and old, creationism fails

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2014, 01:08 AM
Galaxies- large and old, creationism fails
(30-12-2014 01:03 AM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  I was out with my telescope last night showing my wife and daughter the celestial sights. I showed them Jupiter and her moons and our own moon.

Then I turned my telescope towards Andromeda. A galaxy 40% larger than our own. Looking at Andromeda is looking back in time 2.5 million years.

I realized that all matter in the universe has always existed and will always exist in one form or another. Like those photons that had traveled all the way from Andromeda. They entered my optic nerve and were transformed into an electronic signal in my brain that became part of my consciousness. That atomic piece of Andromeda became part of me. It is an impossibility for matter to be created from nothing.

A billion years from now when our sun goes supernova, the
remnants of me and that particle of Andromeda will be blasted out into space. 2.5 million years after that it might enter the optic nerve of some other being and hopefully it will recognize those photons for what they are.

Not god just me.

Fuck yeah Wink

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply