Game of Thrones [HBO Series]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2012, 12:50 AM
Game of Thrones [HBO Series]
So my long awaited day has come! HBO aired the first episode of the second season tonight!

This fantasy series is based in another world around our medieval era where the code of honor, magic, and dragons are reign supreme. One unique characteristic that sets this series apart from most is that it has at least half a dozen concurrently running plot threads at any given time. Any new viewer should be aware that this is rated R due to blood and gore, nudity, and cussing.

I added the [HBO Series] post-fix due to that fact that this series is based off of the A Song of Ice and Fire books by George R. R. Martin. While I have not read any of these books, I hear they are extremely well written and are additively good.

What are your thoughts on the series? Good? Bad? Interesting? Dull?

"The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace." -- Carlos Santana
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2012, 10:09 PM
RE: Game of Thrones [HBO Series]
I love it! I've read all the books too, but I'm not so hardcore that I get pissed that the show changes things. I think you kind of have to take the show as it's own separate thing. That being said, the show is freakin awesome. Arya nailed it this week with Tywin and Jaqen H'ghar.
30-04-2012, 10:23 PM
I have read the first two books and enjoyed them. I have three and four waiting...will start three after the second season is done.

The first book and the first season seemed to be pretty close to me but the second season seems to have veered off from the book a good bit.

That said, I enjoy both. I think the casting for the show is excellent.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted, and some showed up along the way. - JF
01-05-2012, 07:53 AM
I think book three is my favorite. Four was slow and kind of boring, it was hard for me to get through. Five is really good.