Game of Thrones - It's on bitches.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2015, 07:03 AM
RE: Game of Thrones - It's on bitches.
(14-06-2015 06:41 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(14-06-2015 06:36 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I have not seen Breaking bad either. Smile

Also worth a watch!

In the last couple years my kids have given me action figures from both shows. I have Heisenberg from BB and Tyrion from GoT.

I watch very little TV...but those are two shows I don't/didn't miss.

Both are great but in completely different ways. Game of Thrones fells like you stepped into Middle Earth about 200 years after the events of LotR it has a very epic feel to it from the beginning. Breaking Bad is watching a man throw himself off a very high cliff, it gains speed as it moves towards the ultimate end. GoT has more likable characters but Breaking Bad has more memorable ones. Both stories are character driven and well acted and both have a sense of "You reap what you sow" to them where you can see why the characters are in the situations (most of the time they put themselves there).

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
14-06-2015, 07:20 AM
Okay awesome. Thanks everyone. I am not working and have WAY too much free time and am stuck at home resting on my couch. Over Friday and Saturday I watched an 18 part Russian documentary on The Great Patriotic War. 18 episodes over two days! Not much else to do in hospital. Big Grin

I'll get onto GOT tomorrow.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
14-06-2015, 07:35 AM
(14-06-2015 07:03 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(14-06-2015 06:41 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Also worth a watch!

In the last couple years my kids have given me action figures from both shows. I have Heisenberg from BB and Tyrion from GoT.

I watch very little TV...but those are two shows I don't/didn't miss.

Both are great but in completely different ways. Game of Thrones fells like you stepped into Middle Earth about 200 years after the events of LotR it has a very epic feel to it from the beginning. Breaking Bad is watching a man throw himself off a very high cliff, it gains speed as it moves towards the ultimate end. GoT has more likable characters but Breaking Bad has more memorable ones. Both stories are character driven and well acted and both have a sense of "You reap what you sow" to them where you can see why the characters are in the situations (most of the time they put themselves there).

I couldn't stand Walt's wife and really struggled with episodes that were centered on her. Jesse Pinkman never failed to make me laugh; either with the things he said or with messes he got himself into.

My favorites on GoT are still changing as the story unfolds though Tyrion has probably been consistently the best. There are many characters I love to hate on the show. I love the setting of GoT - I am a sucker for stories set in that time that also add a bit of the mystical. The 'world' of that time is well-defined and, like LOTR, can make you think it really exists or existed.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
14-06-2015, 08:04 PM
GoT -

HO - LY SHIT!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-06-2015, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2015 10:31 PM by TheGulegon.)
Shocking
You called it Smerc!
Angry

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
15-06-2015, 01:34 PM
Well there goes my theory

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
15-06-2015, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2015 05:33 PM by TheGulegon.)
(15-06-2015 01:34 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Well there goes my theory

IKR!
If Lady Milisandra don't raise John like Thoros of Mir raised Berrick Dondarion, wtf is Westeros for except a place that should fall to the Dragon Born fast, before it falls instead to the dead? The Night's Watch can fuck off!

15-06-2015, 05:57 PM
(15-06-2015 05:23 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(15-06-2015 01:34 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Well there goes my theory

IKR!
If Lady Milisandra don't raise John like Thoros of Mir raised Berrick Dondarion, wtf is Westeros for except a place that should fall to the Dragon Born fast, before it falls instead to the dead? The Night's Watch can fuck off!

I read a great article the other day. It explains that the story is classic tragedy, and that George rr Martin was sick of the fantasy genre. Everyone turns out ok in the end, good prevails over evil, etc.

Though I'm not a fantasy genre buff, I kind of agree to an extant. Most of the fantasy I've read ends with the main group of heroes alive and well in the end. Sure a few sad deaths here and there, but you KNOW nothing bad will happen to the main characters. You lose your sense of worry and suspense over what might happen in conflict situations.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
15-06-2015, 06:46 PM
(15-06-2015 05:57 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
I read a great article the other day. It explains that the story is classic tragedy, and that George rr Martin was sick of the fantasy genre. Everyone turns out ok in the end, good prevails over evil, etc.

Though I'm not a fantasy genre buff, I kind of agree to an extant. Most of the fantasy I've read ends with the main group of heroes alive and well in the end. Sure a few sad deaths here and there, but you KNOW nothing bad will happen to the main characters. You lose your sense of worry and suspense over what might happen in conflict situations.

Probably why I'm drawn to the show! Laugh out load I always wanted to see just one D&D novel from the Ravenloft series made into a movie! Blush Evil almost always wins, in those stories! Evil_monster So when the good, virtuous, and honorable DO win, it's like Blink holy crap they DID it! Shocking

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
15-06-2015, 07:51 PM
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!

Mind. Blown. That knocked me for a 6, completely did not see that coming.
OMG, I've never been so gobsmacked in my entire life. I literally stood up, hands on head stunned.

I literally can't even right now. Like I can't even comprehend that shit.
That happened right? What I think I saw did actually happen?

Best show ever. Just when you think it's going one way and something (like that ending) will never ever happen it goes the complete opposite.
I... I just can't even right now.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post