Game of Thrones - It's on bitches.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2016, 12:17 PM
RE: Game of Thrones - It's on bitches.
I am DYING to find out what Margaery has planned. She has got to have something in mind, or she's not the character that I thought she was, and I will be very disappointed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes debna27's post
31-05-2016, 12:46 PM
No Varies no Tyrion 0/5*. We made reverse progress this episode every single story went backwards. Arya has just wasted a season and a half of our time, The Cult in Kings Landing is no closer to being dealt with, and the final scene could best be described thusly...

Daenerys: Hey you know that thing that has been my main motivation since Season 1 LETS GO DO THAT THING.

Dothraki: Yay do the thing!

Daenerys: I am still unable to do the thing til we get boats, exactly where I was at the midway point of season 1. But really this time we are gonna DO THE THING!

Dothraki: Woooo DO THE THING

Daenerys: Are you gonna come do the thing with me?

Dothraki: Yay We are gonna do the thing

Dragon: Snarl!

Fade to black music hits

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
31-05-2016, 04:29 PM
(31-05-2016 12:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
No Varies no Tyrion 0/5*. We made reverse progress this episode every single story went backwards. Arya has just wasted a season and a half of our time, The Cult in Kings Landing is no closer to being dealt with, and the final scene could best be described thusly...

Daenerys: Hey you know that thing that has been my main motivation since Season 1 LETS GO DO THAT THING.

Daenerys: I am still unable to do the thing til we get boats, exactly where I was at the midway point of season 1. But really this time we are gonna DO THE THING!

Fade to black music hits

Couldn't agree more.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
01-06-2016, 07:52 PM

Fade to black music hits

I disagree that the stories have gone backwards.
Also, not every episode is gonna be an epic blockbuster all the bells and whistles. It just can't work that way.

Arya now has the skillset she needs. The other girl is gonna come try and kill her so there's gonna be conflict there. I think we all knew Arya wasn't gonna forget her little list and become an assassin nun. That's why she hid needle and not threw it into the water. She's not a believer, she was using them from the start.
Bootcamp is over, time to kick some ass.

The High Sparrow has put himself in a position equal to that of the King. How is that backwards progression? I get the impression not all as it seems with that guy. He's extremely cunning.

Daenery's now has her wyvren's (they're not dragons people! know the difference!). A tad underwhelming I suppose but hey, I can't complain when they throw a few fire breathing flying lizards into the mix.
I did see a gif on imgur thought that cracked me up that put that speech to the lyrics of the spongebob theme song.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
02-06-2016, 12:50 AM
(01-06-2016 07:52 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  

Fade to black music hits

Also, not every episode is gonna be an epic blockbuster all the bells and whistles. It just can't work that way.

Arya now has the skillset she needs. The other girl is gonna come try and kill her so there's gonna be conflict there. I think we all knew Arya wasn't gonna forget her little list and become an assassin nun. That's why she hid needle and not threw it into the water. She's not a believer, she was using them from the start.

The High Sparrow has put himself in a position equal to that of the King. How is that backwards progression? I get the impression not all as it seems with that guy. He's extremely cunning.

Daenery's now has her wyvren's (they're not dragons people! know the difference!). A tad underwhelming I suppose but hey, I can't complain when they throw a few fire breathing flying lizards into the mix.
I did see a gif on imgur thought that cracked me up that put that speech to the lyrics of the spongebob theme song.

+1

It was a good episode. I like this new twist with the High Sparrow and King Tommen. It's got Jamie and Cersei turning against their last remaining child.

Daenerys realizing she now has the army and is ready to head to Westeros with a bit of full circle to what Drogo promised her.

Arya showed she's got the morals of a Stark and now trained to take revenge.
02-06-2016, 01:10 AM
I continue to be disappointed by the show's writing after they ran out of book material. Arya's storyline could have been so interesting. They could have sent her to kill Jon Snow because he stole a death from the Many-Faced God ("Only death may pay for life"). Just imagine if he had to end up killing her, it'd be like a second Red Wedding. The idea that she would leave the Faceless Men before even learning how to change her face is just stupid. All they taught her so far are some basic acting skills and how to fight with a long wooden stick. What is she gonna accomplish with that? Dodgy

I do like where the story in King's Landing is going, though. The High Sparrow is such a likeable character because he's genuine about his religious faith. He truly does care about the poor and doesn't elevate himself above the others.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
02-06-2016, 02:23 AM
(01-06-2016 07:52 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  ...

Are you saying... needs more actual dragons?

The story went backwards because that was the prophecy.

This thread, for me, is TTA's most frustrating thread. I keep wanting to ask "Have they done the bit about xxx yet?"

Dang!

Censored

02-06-2016, 03:36 AM
(02-06-2016 01:10 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I continue to be disappointed by the show's writing after they ran out of book material. Arya's storyline could have been so interesting. They could have sent her to kill Jon Snow because he stole a death from the Many-Faced God ("Only death may pay for life"). Just imagine if he had to end up killing her, it'd be like a second Red Wedding. The idea that she would leave the Faceless Men before even learning how to change her face is just stupid. All they taught her so far are some basic acting skills and how to fight with a long wooden stick. What is she gonna accomplish with that? Dodgy

I do like where the story in King's Landing is going, though. The High Sparrow is such a likeable character because he's genuine about his religious faith. He truly does care about the poor and doesn't elevate himself above the others.

Arya killed the dude from the Kingsguard that screwed and beat little girls and I believe she "changed her face".
02-06-2016, 04:59 AM
(02-06-2016 03:36 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 01:10 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I continue to be disappointed by the show's writing after they ran out of book material. Arya's storyline could have been so interesting. They could have sent her to kill Jon Snow because he stole a death from the Many-Faced God ("Only death may pay for life"). Just imagine if he had to end up killing her, it'd be like a second Red Wedding. The idea that she would leave the Faceless Men before even learning how to change her face is just stupid. All they taught her so far are some basic acting skills and how to fight with a long wooden stick. What is she gonna accomplish with that? Dodgy

Arya killed the dude from the Kingsguard that screwed and beat little girls and I believe she "changed her face".
The face she used to kill Meryn was stolen from the Hall of Faces. She returned it there after the assassination.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
02-06-2016, 08:04 AM
Thinking about reading the books to understand stuff better. Anyone here read them? Is it worth it now that I've watched the show so far?

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-