Game of Thrones - It's on bitches.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2016, 12:09 PM
RE: Game of Thrones - It's on bitches.
(02-06-2016 08:04 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Thinking about reading the books to understand stuff better. Anyone here read them? Is it worth it now that I've watched the show so far?
I've read them all and I would recommend you to read them even if you've already watched the show. They're much better in my opinion.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2016, 12:22 PM
(02-06-2016 12:09 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 08:04 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Thinking about reading the books to understand stuff better. Anyone here read them? Is it worth it now that I've watched the show so far?
I've read them all and I would recommend you to read them even if you've already watched the show. They're much better in my opinion.

But they are quite inconclusive then, since the TV show is already ahead of the books, correct? Isnt that a bit of a ....disappointment when one is finished reading all the books?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
02-06-2016, 04:22 PM

I started reading them this year after watching season 5... Its no problem.

Things happen quickly on TV, its easy to miss a bit of dialogue, or someone's name. Reading the books, I've taken it all in so much better, and have a much better idea of everything really.

I've kind of put them aside temporarily while season 6 is on, just because its a bit of a pain jumping back and forth like that.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Sam's post
02-06-2016, 04:30 PM
(31-05-2016 12:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
No Varies no Tyrion 0/5*. We made reverse progress this episode every single story went backwards. Arya has just wasted a season and a half of our time, The Cult in Kings Landing is no closer to being dealt with, and the final scene could best be described thusly...

Daenerys: Hey you know that thing that has been my main motivation since Season 1 LETS GO DO THAT THING.

Dothraki: Yay do the thing!

Daenerys: I am still unable to do the thing til we get boats, exactly where I was at the midway point of season 1. But really this time we are gonna DO THE THING!

Dothraki: Woooo DO THE THING

Daenerys: Are you gonna come do the thing with me?

Dothraki: Yay We are gonna do the thing

Dragon: Snarl!

Fade to black music hits

They went to a lot of trouble to film that one scene last week, and it felt totally unnecessary... We've known those Dothraki are her's to command since episode 4 where they all bowed down to her.

I think the only reason for that scene with the dragon is to get Daenerys back to Meereen quickly, to avoid another two or three episodes of wandering around the desert.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
02-06-2016, 05:41 PM
Daenerys:
Needs to get her happy ass back to Meereen just in time for the Greyjoy's to show up & beat their uncle there.

Red, & Dead, Stark:
Need to take Little Finger's help & accept the Knights of the Vale, hook up with their uncle The Blackfish for revenge against ol' Walder, and be ready to welcome Daenerys as allies from their ancestral place, as Wardens of The North.

Arya:
Has obviously been subjected to training we haven't been specifically shown. So when that faceless bitch comes to kill her in her sleep, she'll defeat her as like a graduation into being a full blown badass, and commence striking more names from that list.

Some of this season's episodes do feel like a waste of time, but meh. Iz what happens when they want more TV show time to gather ratings without any books backing 'em up. Undecided

04-06-2016, 05:45 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2016 05:53 AM by DLJ.)
OK. I have a question ...

Has Nymeria turned up yet?

If so, has she appeared on her own or as the leader of the pack?

Another question:
Have the two horns been revealed?

04-06-2016, 07:36 AM

Never even liked the show until I read the books. Top shelf stuff there, meng.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
04-06-2016, 10:07 AM
(02-06-2016 02:23 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 07:52 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  ...
I disagree that the stories have gone backwards.
Also, not every episode is gonna be an epic blockbuster all the bells and whistles. It just can't work that way.

Arya now has the skillset she needs. The other girl is gonna come try and kill her so there's gonna be conflict there. I think we all knew Arya wasn't gonna forget her little list and become an assassin nun. That's why she hid needle and not threw it into the water. She's not a believer, she was using them from the start.
Bootcamp is over, time to kick some ass.

The High Sparrow has put himself in a position equal to that of the King. How is that backwards progression? I get the impression not all as it seems with that guy. He's extremely cunning.

Daenery's now has her wyvren's (they're not dragons people! know the difference!). A tad underwhelming I suppose but hey, I can't complain when they throw a few fire breathing flying lizards into the mix.
I did see a gif on imgur thought that cracked me up that put that speech to the lyrics of the spongebob theme song.

Are you saying... needs more actual dragons?

The story went backwards because that was the prophecy.

This thread, for me, is TTA's most frustrating thread. I keep wanting to ask "Have they done the bit about xxx yet?"

Dang!

Censored

I'm actually a wyvren kinda guy myself, I prefer them to dragons.
So I'm not too fussed with the exclusion of dragons, it would just be nice if if they're gonna call them dragons they were actually dragons.

[Image: oscar.png]
04-06-2016, 10:20 AM
(04-06-2016 05:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  OK. I have a question ...

Another question:
I don't think she's made an appearance since season 1.
Can someone remind me of what the two horns are? I've read the books but it's been a while.
04-06-2016, 10:28 AM
(04-06-2016 10:20 AM)debna27 Wrote:  
(04-06-2016 05:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  OK. I have a question ...

Another question:
I don't think she's made an appearance since season 1.
Can someone remind me of what the two horns are? I've read the books but it's been a while.
I think DLJ is referring to

The Horn of Joramun (aka The Horn of Winter), which can supposedly bring down the Wall, and the Hellhorn (aka Dragonbinder), which can supposedly control dragons.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post