Game of Thrones - It's on bitches.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2016, 10:43 PM
RE: Game of Thrones - It's on bitches.
(30-06-2016 01:50 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I also thought this season was sloppy and a bit ridiculous... And even though those last two episodes were incredibly exciting, they felt somehow out of character for the show. Still a fantastic show.

I loved the piano music throughout the finale

I think what it is is that the show has been a 'drama' with lots of build up to a huge unexpected get out of your seat mind blown ending.
George RR Martin writes exactly how you don't want things to go. Oh you like that nice little girl with the unfortunate life threatening disease? Too bad, burned at the stake. Oh you like Ned Stark at the start? Off with his head. Oh you don't like Bolton? King of Winterfell getting it on with the Stark girl against her will.

It's so different. It's unpredictable especially in a world where so so many of TV shows and movies are so friggin predictable it's become beyond ridiculous.
There's a serious lack of substance except a few TV shows and GoT was one of those shows.

This season is so different. It's far more predictable. The Knights of the Vale coming to save the day was beyond easily predictable. The death of that Stark boy by the arrow as he was running to John? Predictable. What's her face coming with her dragons to save the city from the masters, predictable. There was no sock value this season like the other seasons. When a main character died it was a big deal. It was shocking and often unpredictable. Take last episode, so many 'main' characters died and yet it didn't get me out of my seat when it happened. It was less "WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED!! FUCK OFF!!" and more "well.. she dead.."

It lost it's George RR Martin substance this season.
Still. In saying all that, it was still very good and I enjoyed it greatly. The great thing about GoT is even it's off seasons are better than 99% of other shows best shows.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
03-07-2016, 06:35 AM
Maybe you're becoming able to predict Martin's style. Of course Rickon died. It would've been un-Martin like if Jon Swooped in and saved him.

Predictably I can handle. But I like that he's not afraid to leave his fans feeling like they got their guts ripped out.
03-07-2016, 07:49 AM
(30-06-2016 10:43 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(30-06-2016 01:50 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I also thought this season was sloppy and a bit ridiculous... And even though those last two episodes were incredibly exciting, they felt somehow out of character for the show. Still a fantastic show.

I loved the piano music throughout the finale

I think what it is is that the show has been a 'drama' with lots of build up to a huge unexpected get out of your seat mind blown ending.
George RR Martin writes exactly how you don't want things to go. Oh you like that nice little girl with the unfortunate life threatening disease? Too bad, burned at the stake. Oh you like Ned Stark at the start? Off with his head. Oh you don't like Bolton? King of Winterfell getting it on with the Stark girl against her will.

It's so different. It's unpredictable especially in a world where so so many of TV shows and movies are so friggin predictable it's become beyond ridiculous.
There's a serious lack of substance except a few TV shows and GoT was one of those shows.

This season is so different. It's far more predictable. The Knights of the Vale coming to save the day was beyond easily predictable. The death of that Stark boy by the arrow as he was running to John? Predictable. What's her face coming with her dragons to save the city from the masters, predictable. There was no sock value this season like the other seasons. When a main character died it was a big deal. It was shocking and often unpredictable. Take last episode, so many 'main' characters died and yet it didn't get me out of my seat when it happened. It was less "WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED!! FUCK OFF!!" and more "well.. she dead.."

It lost it's George RR Martin substance this season.
Still. In saying all that, it was still very good and I enjoyed it greatly. The great thing about GoT is even it's off seasons are better than 99% of other shows best shows.

I think one thing that's been consistent with GoT, is that the magical characters, tend to follow conventional narrative arcs, unlike the non-magical characters, were it's unpredictable.

Now that Arya, acquired her magical powers, John's been magically raised from the dead, and likely has dragon powers, they'll all follow the same conventional narratives, as is the case with Bran, and Daenerys, there's likely not to be Red Wedding's in their future, which might not be the case for Sansa.

So I think this is George RR Martin's "substance" that it's grim realism only extends to non-magical characters, this thematic has been consistent through out the story, and has been carried on in his absence.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
[+] 1 user Likes Tomasia's post
03-07-2016, 11:50 AM
I just have one question...

Did winter ever arrive?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-07-2016, 12:49 PM
(03-07-2016 11:50 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I just have one question...

Did winter ever arrive?

Yeah.
The Citadel sent out a white raven signalling Winter's arrival. Thumbsup Sansa told John winter has come, and he was like, "Father always said it would" or something like that. Shy

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
10-07-2016, 04:55 PM
(30-06-2016 06:48 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
[Image: unaVGuM.jpg]

Wink

[Image: lkft0.jpg]

Laugh out load

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
13-07-2016, 08:40 PM
Let the, rape, murder, backstabbing ,madness , bucket loads of Machiavellian plotting continue Evil_monster

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes OrdoSkeptica's post
09-07-2017, 11:14 AM
One week! One more week before the start of the new season.

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

Banana_zorro Banana_zorro Banana_zorro Banana_zorro Banana_zorro

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
09-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
09-07-2017, 04:37 PM
(09-07-2017 12:17 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing Bowing

> I want to see Cercei naked again. Yes