Game of Thrones - It's on bitches.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2017, 05:55 AM
RE: Game of Thrones - It's on bitches.
(10-07-2017 09:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So we are getting free hbo so I'm trying again with this show.

I'm starting season 2.

> My mom recently told me that HBO is presently featuring a Game of Thrones marathon. Consider
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2017, 06:10 AM
(10-07-2017 03:32 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I wanted to see The Undead Mountain take on Bran-controlled Hodor, only to have Wun Wun come along and bat them both off the battlefield with a tree! Angry

I miss Wun Wun Sadcryface

I have to say that the Bran story bores me a bit. I know I have to follow it because of where it fits in the story but it's my least favorite storyline. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-07-2017, 06:28 AM
(11-07-2017 06:10 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-07-2017 03:32 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I wanted to see The Undead Mountain take on Bran-controlled Hodor, only to have Wun Wun come along and bat them both off the battlefield with a tree! Angry

I have to say that the Bran story bores me a bit. I know I have to follow it because of where it fits in the story but it's my least favorite storyline. Undecided

Its boring as fuck, although it had potential, if they would have made it a bigger storyline.
I am also disppointed with Aryas storyline. Story started promising but got stuck in Braavos.
Cerseis story is superb. Love to hate her. Would have liked to see more of the mountain too.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
11-07-2017, 08:20 AM

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
11-07-2017, 10:22 AM
(10-07-2017 04:27 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  While you are waiting for the new episode on Sunday, perhaps someone can answer these:

1. In both the books and the TV series, Maggie the Frog told Cersei that she would have three children, and see all of them in golden shrouds. But in both the books and the series, Cersei actually had FOUR children. Her first was a black-haired boy (so actually a Baratheon) who "died" in the TV series, but she murdered in the books.
Huh

I remember thinking this was odd at the time but put it down to her instinct for deceptiveness and figured, most likely, the first was aborted (and the details invented for sympathy or whatever).

(10-07-2017 04:27 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  ...
2. Varys never mentions a surname. He said he was born in Lys; his body parts were used in a sacrifice where they were burned, and "a god" answered the priest. Then he somehow ended up in Westeros as a trusted advisor to the Targaryen ruling family, privy to all of their secrets and the innerds of the Red Keep. At least one of the gods who loves his human bodies/parts served up well done/charred - is R'hllor. The Lord of Light seems particularly fond of having people with "king's blood" as his sacrifices, and "Varys" appears to be a shortened form of a Targaryen name. So is Varys one of the host of bastard Targaryens that they left scattered around for just such purpose?

It's a tricky one because, as far as can recall, his eye colour is not mentioned.
He's written as a "Master of Disguise" and the bald head makes one think of Egg who was also trying to seem non-Targaryen.

He's also on team-Griff and depending on your opinion on who that is (real or fake Aegon) may indicate a blood-line allegiance. But there's no indication that he has "king's blood" ... and what's so special about kings anyway? It's a title / a role; anyone can call themselves king... I mean, if magic is supposed to be genetic? Dodgy

(10-07-2017 04:27 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  ...
3. The Battle of the Bastards. So they do the "we line up in a row, and you line up in a row facing us, and then we try to kill each other" method of warfare. How stupid is that? Was there no one on the Stark side who thought: "Hey, while all of the Bolton armies are lined up outside, we could just send a couple hundred of our people around the hill, and just capture Winterfell while nobody is home. Gee, if we only had someone who could crash through the gate for us, like, um .. one of those Giants from north of the Wall. Anyone know where we can find one?" Facepalm

I don't think there's going to be a battle of the bastards. I think it will be Stannis vs. Bolton at the Battle of Ice.

Unsure

11-07-2017, 11:10 AM
(11-07-2017 10:22 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I remember thinking this was odd at the time but put it down to her instinct for deceptiveness and figured, most likely, the first was aborted (and the details invented for sympathy or whatever).

Possible in the TV series, but it was definite in the books: her first child was a dark-haired boy, and she smothered him to death because she didn't want Robert's child. And the prophesy is referred to more than once in the books, so I doubt the discrepancy was just an oversight on the part of the author.

Quote:It's a tricky one because, as far as can recall, his eye colour is not mentioned.
He's written as a "Master of Disguise" and the bald head makes one think of Egg who was also trying to seem non-Targaryen.

He's also on team-Griff and depending on your opinion on who that is (real or fake Aegon) may indicate a blood-line allegiance. But there's no indication that he has "king's blood" ... and what's so special about kings anyway? It's a title / a role; anyone can call themselves king... I mean, if magic is supposed to be genetic? Dodgy

People around Melisandre certainly interpreted what she said to mean "any king" but her actions indicate that she was specifically looking for Targaryen/dragon blood. Robert and Stannis Baratheon were the grandsons of Rhaella Targaryen, so Robert's bastards ( like Gendry) and Stannis's daughter were of specific interest, because they might carry the true dragon blood. There has also been speculation that Varys is a Blackfyre - one of the offshoots of the main Targaryen house.

Quote:I don't think there's going to be a battle of the bastards. I think it will be Stannis vs. Bolton at the Battle of Ice.

Unsure

Have you seen Season 6 of the TV series? The books haven't gotten that far, so it's a spoiler for people who are just reading the books.

[Image: d2c7080fed80cbeb000b3c5e255a97a8.jpg]
11-07-2017, 11:12 AM
(11-07-2017 05:55 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(10-07-2017 09:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So we are getting free hbo so I'm trying again with this show.

I'm starting season 2.

> My mom recently told me that HBO is presently featuring a Game of Thrones marathon. Consider

I'm watching it on demand. I hate to say the second season is a little better than the first (aside from the white-haired kid who's annoying as fuck). Damn it. I should have hung in longer.

someone please tell me the kid gets knocked off..

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

11-07-2017, 11:20 AM
(11-07-2017 11:10 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 10:22 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I remember thinking this was odd at the time but put it down to her instinct for deceptiveness and figured, most likely, the first was aborted (and the details invented for sympathy or whatever).

Possible in the TV series, but it was definite in the books: her first child was a dark-haired boy, and she smothered him to death because she didn't want Robert's child. And the prophesy is referred to more than once in the books, so I doubt the discrepancy was just an oversight on the part of the author.

Quote:It's a tricky one because, as far as can recall, his eye colour is not mentioned.

People around Melisandre certainly interpreted what she said to mean "any king" but her actions indicate that she was specifically looking for Targaryen/dragon blood. Robert and Stannis Baratheon were the grandsons of Rhaella Targaryen, so Robert's bastards ( like Gendry) and Stannis's daughter were of specific interest, because they might carry the true dragon blood. There has also been speculation that Varys is a Blackfyre - one of the offshoots of the main Targaryen house.

Quote:I don't think there's going to be a battle of the bastards. I think it will be Stannis vs. Bolton at the Battle of Ice.

Unsure

Have you seen Season 6 of the TV series? The books haven't gotten that far, so it's a spoiler for people who are just reading the books.

[Image: d2c7080fed80cbeb000b3c5e255a97a8.jpg]

Not a spoiler if it's just a guess.

Yup, I think a lot of the conspiracies (and misdirections) have their roots in the Blackfyre rebellion. Old allegiances take generations to fade (as per English noble houses).

I haven't watched any of the TV serieses. Last time I watched TV there were only 4 channels. The TV I have now doesn't speak English.

Undecided

11-07-2017, 12:21 PM
(10-07-2017 03:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

What I really want, tho?

For John's parentage to be known!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mother was Ned Stark's sister, father was Rhaegar Targaryen... the last dragon... son of the Mad King... Heir to the throne...

Wouldn't that make John's claim to the Iron Throne even stronger than Daenerys's? Evil_monster

Probably not since he is still a bastard...just not Ned's bastard.

I suppose it's possible he's not actually a bastard, since the Targaryens were known to practice polygamy as well as incest... Interesting thought.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes MustangManda's post
11-07-2017, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 01:25 PM by Rockblossom.)
(11-07-2017 12:21 PM)MustangManda Wrote:  
(10-07-2017 03:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Probably not since he is still a bastard...just not Ned's bastard.

I suppose it's possible he's not actually a bastard, since the Targaryens were known to practice polygamy as well as incest... Interesting thought.

Jon Snow (Jaeheris Targaryen?) was most likely seen as a legitimate heir because there were three of the King's Guard (including Sir Arthur Dayne) guarding Leanna at the Tower of Joy.

That doesn't mean that Jon will be the new king, though. Azor Ahai was a champion who led the last battle against the Night King, and with the Long Winter coming, AA is supposed to be reborn to do it all over again. It looks like either Jon or Daenerys is The Prince That Was Promised, and the other will be the King or Queen of Westeros. My bet is on Dany being Queen, since all of the Great Houses of Westeros appear to be headed toward female rulers. (And let's face it - Jon is pretty crappy at making decisions and leading people. Being assassinated by one's own subordinates doesn't look all that good on an Application-to-Be-King resume.)
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post