Game of Thrones - It's on bitches.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2017, 04:07 PM
RE: Game of Thrones - It's on bitches.
(11-07-2017 11:12 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 05:55 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > My mom recently told me that HBO is presently featuring a Game of Thrones marathon. Consider

I'm watching it on demand. I hate to say the second season is a little better than the first (aside from the white-haired kid who's annoying as fuck). Damn it. I should have hung in longer.

someone please tell me the kid gets knocked off..

I tried to tell you it was good.

Lots of characters to get to know and lots of twists, turns, and backstabbing. You will find that people you don't like will become favorites over time, and vice versa.

White-haired kid? Dany's brother...what a puke he is...that's all I will say regarding him.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2017, 04:18 PM
(11-07-2017 11:12 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm watching it on demand. I hate to say the second season is a little better than the first (aside from the white-haired kid who's annoying as fuck). Damn it. I should have hung in longer.

If you are talking about the blond "His Grace, Joffrey of Houses Baratheon and Lannister, First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm." then -
Oh, yeah! He sooooo gets a painful death.
Tongue

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post
11-07-2017, 05:08 PM
(11-07-2017 12:21 PM)MustangManda Wrote:  
(10-07-2017 03:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Probably not since he is still a bastard...just not Ned's bastard.

I suppose it's possible he's not actually a bastard, since the Targaryens were known to practice polygamy as well as incest... Interesting thought.

Not only that, but if what I suspect will happen happens ~ that one of Daenarys's dragons will select John as the one man it'll allow to ride atop it's back ~ there won't be too many willing to bring up his supposed bastardhood while his mount gives them the 'evil eye-shut the fudgeup' look. Laugh out load

[Image: GoT76Dragon-1024x538.png]

Just cuz the black one is the biggest doesn't mean a younger brother can't remind the older one that he ain't no bitch! Tongue Trust me; I got siblings. Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
11-07-2017, 07:14 PM
(11-07-2017 12:38 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  ... My bet is on Dany being Queen, since all of the Great Houses of Westeros appear to be headed toward female rulers. ...

It depends on how much GRRM is sticking to WotR history and how much he's blending historical figures.

My bet is...
Given his oeuvre contains so many strong female redheads, I'm going with the Lizzie I parallel and expect to see the Virgin Queen rise to the top.

Whether there will still be a throne on which to sit is a separate question.

11-07-2017, 07:57 PM
(11-07-2017 04:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 11:12 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm watching it on demand. I hate to say the second season is a little better than the first (aside from the white-haired kid who's annoying as fuck). Damn it. I should have hung in longer.

I tried to tell you it was good.

Lots of characters to get to know and lots of twists, turns, and backstabbing. You will find that people you don't like will become favorites over time, and vice versa.

White-haired kid? Dany's brother...what a puke he is...that's all I will say regarding him.

It's not bad...I'm most of the way through season two and will probably move on to three, tonight.

The white haired kid king dude needs to die. He's just so fucked up...it's like watching Donald trump...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

11-07-2017, 08:21 PM
(11-07-2017 07:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 04:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I tried to tell you it was good.

It's not bad...I'm most of the way through season two and will probably move on to three, tonight.

The white haired kid king dude needs to die. He's just so fucked up...it's like watching Donald trump...

Ohhh you mean Joffrey, yeah he is a bitch.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
13-07-2017, 12:57 PM
Winter is here for sure, because the White Walkers have reached .. London. I hope the Londoners have there Valyrian swords sharpened.

[Image: landscape-1499772938-got-white-walkers.jpg]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/winter-w...es-season/

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post
13-07-2017, 01:12 PM
(13-07-2017 12:57 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  Winter is here for sure, because the White Walkers have reached .. London. I hope the Londoners have there Valyrian swords sharpened.

[Image: landscape-1499772938-got-white-walkers.jpg]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/winter-w...es-season/

My prediction for the series:
Samwell Tarly will save Westeros from the white walkers, not Dany and her dragons or Jon Snow or any army. Whether or not he gets the glory is another matter.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
[+] 1 user Likes Vivian Darkbloom's post
13-07-2017, 02:26 PM
(13-07-2017 01:12 PM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  My prediction for the series:
Samwell Tarly will save Westeros from the white walkers, not Dany and her dragons or Jon Snow or any army. Whether or not he gets the glory is another matter.

I read the books (that had already been published) before seeing the TV series. The Ice and Fire themes are all over the place through the books. The thousands of years of battles between the Night King and his ilk and the Lord of Light, obviously. Jon Snow may be the literal embodiment of "ice and fire" as the son of "The Young Dragon" Rhaegar and the "Ice (Blue) Rose of Winterfell" Lyanna. The Stark family sword, Ice, was Valyrian steel forged in dragon fire.

But there are a lot of other stories/people beyond Dany and Jon with with long story arcs, and I have to think their stories are important to the outcome. Jaime and Tyrion Lannister, Circe (who is doomed by prophesy), Bran (whose role is becoming clearer), Arya, The Hound, Jorah Mormont, and Samwell Tarley. Sam has Ice's twin Heartsbane and access to a giant library, as well as the help of Gilly, who knows that the White Walkers are real and that they can be destroyed by steel or glass forged in dragon fire. It's a good bet that Sam and Gilly will uncover key information in the Citadel, and I doubt that Heartsbane will go unused. (And there is speculation that Heartsbane is actually Lightbringer, the sword of Azor Ahai.)

The Doctor
13-07-2017, 02:46 PM
(13-07-2017 02:26 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 01:12 PM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  My prediction for the series:

I read the books (that had already been published) before seeing the TV series. The Ice and Fire themes are all over the place through the books. The thousands of years of battles between the Night King and his ilk and the Lord of Light, obviously. Jon Snow may be the literal embodiment of "ice and fire" as the son of "The Young Dragon" Rhaegar and the "Ice (Blue) Rose of Winterfell" Lyanna. The Stark family sword, Ice, was Valyrian steel forged in dragon fire.

But there are a lot of other stories/people beyond Dany and Jon with with long story arcs, and I have to think their stories are important to the outcome. Jaime and Tyrion Lannister, Circe (who is doomed by prophesy), Bran (whose role is becoming clearer), Arya, The Hound, Jorah Mormont, and Samwell Tarley. Sam has Ice's twin Heartsbane and access to a giant library, as well as the help of Gilly, who knows that the White Walkers are real and that they can be destroyed by steel or glass forged in dragon fire. It's a good bet that Sam and Gilly will uncover key information in the Citadel, and I doubt that Heartsbane will go unused. (And there is speculation that Heartsbane is actually Lightbringer, the sword of Azor Ahai.)

My only worry is that with only 7 episodes (or even with 10) left, they'll do a less than stellar job fitting the stories of all the "little" people into the story of John/Danaerys/Dragons, given that these episodes aren't based on work already written by George R. R. Martin. Confused

7 episodes to cover the big 3? AND also all those others you mention? I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to be let down, at least once, by TV writers. Undecided
I can't put it in words, but the end of Ramsey Bolton, and his killing of Wun Wun, didn't sit well with me. And not because I wanted to see the giant's character continue on to at least an epic death, if not a victory he was alive to see, but because the whole ordeal felt... rushed. Like the TV gumps were like 'oh goodness look how evil Ramsey is~killing this magnificent giant. Let's let the dogs eat him! Yayyy one less bad guy~~~now lets make John the King of The North in less than an episode'! 5 seasons building Stannis' character... boomdead, JOHN'S the one, I meant, said the Red Woman. Dodgy

Idk. You can FEEL the difference between story line backed my Martin's writing, and the stuff they're pumping out as fast as they can to bring the show to an end, cuz TV audiences don't have the patience to wait for another book.

I hope I'm wrong, and every episode is epic, and every character we've come to know is at least mentioned, but... I scared. Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post