Game of Thrones - It's on bitches.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2017, 02:54 PM
RE: Game of Thrones - It's on bitches.
(13-07-2017 02:46 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  My only worry is that with only 7 episodes (or even with 10) left, they'll do a less than stellar job fitting the stories of all the "little" people into the story of John/Danaerys/Dragons, given that these episodes aren't based on work already written by George R. R. Martin. Confused

7 episodes to cover the big 3? AND also all those others you mention? I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to be let down, at least once, by TV writers. Undecided
I can't put it in words, but the end of Ramsey Bolton, and his killing of Wun Wun, didn't sit well with me. And not because I wanted to see the giant's character continue on to at least an epic death, if not a victory he was alive to see, but because the whole ordeal felt... rushed. Like the TV gumps were like 'oh goodness look how evil Ramsey is~killing this magnificent giant. Let's let the dogs eat him! Yayyy one less bad guy~~~now lets make John the King of The North in less than an episode'! 5 seasons building Stannis' character... boomdead, JOHN'S the one, I meant, said the Red Woman. Dodgy

Idk. You can FEEL the difference between story line backed my Martin's writing, and the stuff they're pumping out as fast as they can to bring the show to an end, cuz TV audiences don't have the patience to wait for another book.

I hope I'm wrong, and every episode is epic, and every character we've come to know is at least mentioned, but... I scared. Hobo

And the actors have already said that the story speeds up in season 7. (Maybe that is to balance out JRRM's books, which have slowed to a craw, in the story lines as well as publication. And now HBO wants him to helm a new HBO fantasy series, as though he didn't already have enough excuses for not getting the final books finished.)

But there are actually 13 episodes left - 7 in season 7 and 6 in season 8. Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2017, 02:55 PM
(13-07-2017 02:46 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  ...
cuz TV audiences don't have the patience to wait for another book.

That's not why they'd need to rush it.

Ayra, for example, is 11 years old. The actress will be middle-aged by the time GRRM gets finished.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
13-07-2017, 03:04 PM
(13-07-2017 02:54 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 02:46 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  My only worry is that with only 7 episodes (or even with 10) left, they'll do a less than stellar job fitting the stories of all the "little" people into the story of John/Danaerys/Dragons, given that these episodes aren't based on work already written by George R. R. Martin. Confused

7 episodes to cover the big 3? AND also all those others you mention? I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to be let down, at least once, by TV writers. Undecided
I can't put it in words, but the end of Ramsey Bolton, and his killing of Wun Wun, didn't sit well with me. And not because I wanted to see the giant's character continue on to at least an epic death, if not a victory he was alive to see, but because the whole ordeal felt... rushed. Like the TV gumps were like 'oh goodness look how evil Ramsey is~killing this magnificent giant. Let's let the dogs eat him! Yayyy one less bad guy~~~now lets make John the King of The North in less than an episode'! 5 seasons building Stannis' character... boomdead, JOHN'S the one, I meant, said the Red Woman. Dodgy

Idk. You can FEEL the difference between story line backed my Martin's writing, and the stuff they're pumping out as fast as they can to bring the show to an end, cuz TV audiences don't have the patience to wait for another book.

I hope I'm wrong, and every episode is epic, and every character we've come to know is at least mentioned, but... I scared. Hobo

And the actors have already said that the story speeds up in season 7. (Maybe that is to balance out JRRM's books, which have slowed to a craw, in the story lines as well as publication. And now HBO wants him to helm a new HBO fantasy series, as though he didn't already have enough excuses for not getting the final books finished.)

But there are actually 13 episodes left - 7 in season 7 and 6 in season 8.

I didn't know there was even gonna be a season 8! That's really good! Potentially, at least. More time, more character stories covered.

Idk about anyone else, but I'd like to see the Red Woman come to the same kind of end as the High Sparrow did. I haven't forgiven her for Princess Shireen's burning.

Stannis could be forgiven. The Red Woman's shadow children killing his enemies, victories granted after her burnings, losses suffered when she was left behind, and her filling his head with notions that if he didn't do everything 'necessary' to prepare for the Night King, every other daughter, father, mother, & brother, in Westeros, if not the whole world, would join the ranks of the dead...

I want HER to burn! With wild fire! Evil_monster

13-07-2017, 04:28 PM
(13-07-2017 03:04 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 02:54 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  And the actors have already said that the story speeds up in season 7. (Maybe that is to balance out JRRM's books, which have slowed to a craw, in the story lines as well as publication. And now HBO wants him to helm a new HBO fantasy series, as though he didn't already have enough excuses for not getting the final books finished.)

But there are actually 13 episodes left - 7 in season 7 and 6 in season 8.

I didn't know there was even gonna be a season 8! That's really good! Potentially, at least. More time, more character stories covered.

Idk about anyone else, but I'd like to see the Red Woman come to the same kind of end as the High Sparrow did. I haven't forgiven her for Princess Shireen's burning.

Stannis could be forgiven. The Red Woman's shadow children killing his enemies, victories granted after her burnings, losses suffered when she was left behind, and her filling his head with notions that if he didn't do everything 'necessary' to prepare for the Night King, every other daughter, father, mother, & brother, in Westeros, if not the whole world, would join the ranks of the dead...

I want HER to burn! With wild fire! Evil_monster

Sadly, there are rumors that the last season won't happen next year but the year after. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
13-07-2017, 08:16 PM
(13-07-2017 02:55 PM)DLJ Wrote:  That's not why they'd need to rush it.

Ayra, for example, is 11 years old. The actress will be middle-aged by the time GRRM gets finished.

Drinking Beverage

Do you, by chance, mean the character who can wear any face she wants? Drinking Beverage

[Image: giphy.gif]

With need of but one similarly sized body double? Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
14-07-2017, 12:46 AM
(13-07-2017 03:04 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Idk about anyone else, but I'd like to see the Red Woman come to the same kind of end as the High Sparrow did. I haven't forgiven her for Princess Shireen's burning.

But, but...shes hot! Big Grin

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
14-07-2017, 06:41 AM
(14-07-2017 12:46 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 03:04 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Idk about anyone else, but I'd like to see the Red Woman come to the same kind of end as the High Sparrow did. I haven't forgiven her for Princess Shireen's burning.

But, but...shes hot! Big Grin

> I want to see her naked again! Drooling
14-07-2017, 06:47 AM
(14-07-2017 06:41 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 12:46 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  But, but...shes hot! Big Grin

> I want to see her naked again! Drooling

Before or after she puts down that necklace? Consider

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
14-07-2017, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2017 04:16 PM by Gwaithmir.)
(14-07-2017 06:47 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 06:41 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > I want to see her naked again! Drooling

Before or after she puts down that necklace? Consider

> Before, of course. In fact, the first time I saw that scene in which she took it off, I thought that there should be some way to securely lock it on her neck so it couldn't be removed. Yes

> By the way, she and Kit Harrington are together again in a new movie titled Brimstone. Thumbsup
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brimstone_(film)
14-07-2017, 04:38 PM
I have been re-watching season 6. Have three episodes to go.

I read the first four books quite a while back and then loaned them to someone who apparently isn't going to return them. Dodgy I found them used for 5 bucks for the set and they arrived today. I am going to start reading them again and maybe, just maybe, by the time I get done the new book will be out.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat