Game of Thrones - It's on bitches.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2014, 12:50 PM
RE: Game of Thrones - It's on bitches.
http://twentytwowords.com/a-sigil-for-ea...s-55-pics/

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2014, 12:52 PM
(16-07-2014 12:50 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  http://twentytwowords.com/a-sigil-for-ea...s-55-pics/

I've seen this. I like Oregons sigil but our slogan is not that inspiring.
16-07-2014, 12:54 PM
(16-07-2014 12:52 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 12:50 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  http://twentytwowords.com/a-sigil-for-ea...s-55-pics/

I've seen this. I like Oregons sigil but our slogan is not that inspiring.

Maryland's words are Manly deeds, Womanly Words.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
16-07-2014, 12:58 PM
(16-07-2014 12:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-07-2014 12:52 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I've seen this. I like Oregons sigil but our slogan is not that inspiring.

Maryland's words are Manly deeds, Womanly Words.

*Chuckle*
I dont feel so bad now. No Ours is "Things look different here"
29-07-2014, 10:01 AM
(08-06-2014 07:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think Mance is gonna try to melt that fucking wall. Big Grin

My wife really really loves Game of thrones, its her favorite show. (She's a lit major and sometimes that really shows).

I like GOT but sometimes find the show boring, I literally have fallen asleep during some of the episodes over the years and I only read the first book in the series.

I think I like GOT more for the "low fantasy" genre that it has popularized than the work itself. Before getting into GOT both my wife and I were big fans of the computer role playing game Dragon Age, Origons that really ripped off a lot of elements from GOT.
29-07-2014, 10:50 AM
(29-07-2014 10:01 AM)Addai Wrote:  
(08-06-2014 07:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think Mance is gonna try to melt that fucking wall. Big Grin

My wife really really loves Game of thrones, its her favorite show. (She's a lit major and sometimes that really shows).

I like GOT but sometimes find the show boring, I literally have fallen asleep during some of the episodes over the years and I only read the first book in the series.

I think I like GOT more for the "low fantasy" genre that it has popularized than the work itself. Before getting into GOT both my wife and I were big fans of the computer role playing game Dragon Age, Origons that really ripped off a lot of elements from GOT.

I'm not sure I agree with calling it low fantasy. But I've certainly noticed some of the elements of GOT in DA:O, including the cave character Reek. Tongue
29-07-2014, 10:57 AM
(29-07-2014 10:50 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 10:01 AM)Addai Wrote:  My wife really really loves Game of thrones, its her favorite show. (She's a lit major and sometimes that really shows).

I'm not sure I agree with calling it low fantasy. But I've certainly noticed some of the elements of GOT in DA:O, including the cave character Reek. Tongue

I think they are conflating "Low Magic setting" with Low Fantasy. GoT is mostly Low Magic most of which has either been forgotten or is just parlor tricks. The exceptions being the dragons and the Lord of Light's divine magic, both of which are increasing. Valyrian Steel for instance is enchanted weaponry but the art has been lost, Westeros is reminiscent of later Dragonlance books after the Gods had left and magic no longer worked.

29-07-2014, 11:00 AM
(29-07-2014 10:57 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 10:50 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm not sure I agree with calling it low fantasy. But I've certainly noticed some of the elements of GOT in DA:O, including the cave character Reek. Tongue

I think they are conflating "Low Magic setting" with Low Fantasy. GoT is mostly Low Magic most of which has either been forgotten or is just parlor tricks. The exceptions being the dragons and the Lord of Light's divine magic, both of which are increasing. Valyrian Steel for instance is enchanted weaponry but the art has been lost, Westeros is reminiscent of later Dragonlance books after the Gods had left and magic no longer worked.

And white walkers, and corpse reaninimation, and magical people throwing fireballs under magic god trees.....
29-07-2014, 11:01 AM
There is a lot of that kind of stuff happening to be in a real world setting...
29-07-2014, 11:08 AM
(29-07-2014 11:00 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 10:57 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I think they are conflating "Low Magic setting" with Low Fantasy. GoT is mostly Low Magic most of which has either been forgotten or is just parlor tricks. The exceptions being the dragons and the Lord of Light's divine magic, both of which are increasing. Valyrian Steel for instance is enchanted weaponry but the art has been lost, Westeros is reminiscent of later Dragonlance books after the Gods had left and magic no longer worked.

And white walkers, and corpse reaninimation, and magical people throwing fireballs under magic god trees.....

Yes GoT is a re-emergent magical setting. It had almost lost all magic before the books began. The last dragon had been dead for 100 years, the white walkers gone for 3000, the gods were unresponsive. Now magic is returning. However most of the world is still low magic.