Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2017, 05:15 PM
RE: Game of Thrones - It's on bitches.
(24-08-2017 04:54 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(24-08-2017 04:47 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Yabut Blink
Dragons! Evil_monster
Tongue

Oh, it's all I've been hearing since I started watching it.
Yabut, chopped heads! Yabut, boobs! Yabut, dragons!

No.

Tongue

lol that was me....

I stopped watching after the first season. Then, finally sat down and began watching season two years later...it was ok...

Season three was better.

By the end of season four I was hooked.

I can't explain it. It's like a spell

Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-08-2017, 05:22 PM
(24-08-2017 05:04 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Do you know of a better Fantasy, Drama, Television, Series, airing on U.S. TV, right now? Sleepy

Tongue

Those commas there are confusing... Is "fantasy" a requirement or not? Tongue

I'm not saying it's not a good series. I'm saying people wouldn't consider it that good had it not been for all the blood and sex. Yeah, the writing's alright in general, but the last season has been a huge disappointment. It's been nothing but fan service. 90% of the people who watch GoT wouldn't bother with anything else that is fantasy-related. And you can thank all the sex and taboo themes that made this series famous.

Yeah yeah I'm a fan alright, I just have this grudge on GRRM for shitting on Tolkien while he himself couldn't make something worthy of even being compared to Tolkien.

Rolleyes

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
24-08-2017, 07:03 PM
(24-08-2017 05:04 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Do you know of a better Fantasy, Drama, Television, Series, airing on U.S. TV, right now? Sleepy

Tongue

[Image: UmrCovX.png]
[Image: ZpKS4H3.jpg]

#sigh
24-08-2017, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2017 07:15 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-08-2017 05:22 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Yeah yeah I'm a fan alright, I just have this grudge on GRRM for shitting on Tolkien while he himself couldn't make something worthy of even being compared to Tolkien.

To be fair, Tolkien was a Roman Catholic so he had that advantage over the jolly looking bearded rich fat "Hi Santa!" atheist.

#sigh
27-08-2017, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2017 09:57 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Well...that all happened.

My Littlefinger dead. Sad Jon has sex with his sister-aunt. The Wall falls thanks to Zombie Dragon having Godzilla breath. The Great War begins.

Oh and all hail His Grace, Aegon of House Targaryen, Seventh Sixth of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm.

Edit: I made a mis-count; fixed.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
28-08-2017, 12:31 AM
Well, I saw it.

The man and older boy went to movies. So I hurried to do a few things while I waited.

Then 20 minutes before the episode was over, they came home. I heard voices when they opened the door. I told them to shut up.

They mocked me, but remained quiet at least.

The episode was over...and I can say knew that would happen....sorta...even though people who have followed the show waaaay more closely than I, said nope...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

28-08-2017, 12:18 PM
Cersei went full "mad queen mode" now. She already "burned them all" too in the last season. I wonder how she is going to end. Consider
The last guy who did this...go figure

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
28-08-2017, 01:49 PM
Not sure if we have a spoiler rule...? Will put comments in spoiler thingee.

Good riddance MiddleFinger. I didn't really buy the hostility between Arya and Sansa, it seemed like an artificial attempt to ramp up drama. Even with sibling rivalry, that Middlefinger was trying to drive them apart should have been immediately obvious to both...in fact I guess they're saying Bran was the one that opened their eyes, which is an insult to Sansa and Arya but whatever I guess they also just want to tie up loose ends going into the stretch run.

Super-reunion of all your favs...I didn't like. Too much star power in one place, each interaction could have been milked for extended interest, it's like they're throwing away years of simmering build up. Oh well, they're in a hurry now.

Why can't Dany take the two dragons left and just go melt the entire Army of the Dead? It would take five, ten minutes tops. Even if one of them dies killing zombie dragon.

...and that's why I think Podrick is going to end up on the Iron Throne.

28-08-2017, 01:50 PM
(28-08-2017 12:18 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Cersei went full "mad queen mode" now. She already "burned them all" too in the last season. I wonder how she is going to end. Consider

Gotta be Jaime, who will sacrifice himself dramatically to take her down.

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
28-08-2017, 03:27 PM
(28-08-2017 01:50 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(28-08-2017 12:18 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Cersei went full "mad queen mode" now. She already "burned them all" too in the last season. I wonder how she is going to end. Consider

Gotta be Jaime, who will sacrifice himself dramatically to take her down.

My thoughts exactly, and to do so he has ot kill his sister and last (possible) child. That would be really ironic and he would fit his role in which he started: Kings guard and kings assasin.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post