Game of Thrones - It's on bitches.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2017, 03:34 PM
RE: Game of Thrones - It's on bitches.
(28-08-2017 03:27 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(28-08-2017 01:50 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Gotta be Jaime, who will sacrifice himself dramatically to take her down.

My thoughts exactly, and to do so he has ot kill his sister and last (possible) child. That would be really ironic and he would fit his role in which he started: Kings guard and kings assasin.

And Cersie has shown willingness to blow things up, how about history repeating itself? Jaime kills her just as she, having lost the war to D, tries to nuke all of Kings Landing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
28-08-2017, 03:36 PM
(28-08-2017 01:50 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Gotta be Jaime, who will sacrifice himself dramatically to take her down.

I'll put this under spoiler tags, just in case there's anything remotely spoilery in it.

Probably, but not necessarily. Maggi the Frog said "THE Valinqar" not necessarily Circe's valinqar, so it could actually be any younger brother (or possibly sister, because Old Valerian is like that). Maybe someone who wants to marry Circe in order to become King, and then suddenly finds himself not in need of a Queen - and has killed before in order to assume power? Or perhaps a "little sister" wearing someone else's face? (But I think Arya tends to be more stabby than strangle-y.) Prophesies are tricky things. And since they didn't include that part of the prophesy in the TV show, they may have another ending in mind. Or no ending, and Circe will be alive and still scowling and drinking wine in the final scene of Season 8. So we might have to wait for GRRM to finish the last book (sometime in 2035 or thereabouts) to see how the book prophesy turns out.

And a few random comments:
If the folks at Winterfell would stop using up all of their candles to light the crypt 24/7, they could have used a few to light the hall for Peter Baelish's trial. It was dark in there.

I like the new Sam & Bran comic duo. Sam ain't buyin' the old "it's complicated" answer, and Bran points out that even Greenseers and Three-Eyed Ravens can get information from just reading message scrolls.

With the Night King leading a zombie army south of the wall, who is watching out for all of those blue-eyed Craster babies in the North? Does the Night King have a Night Queen running the show back home? What do White Walker babies eat?

When the Watch at Castle Black finds out that the wall has been breached, what will they do? It's not like there's a point to their job now. On the other hand, the top of the Wall, or north of the Wall, seems the safest place to be for the upcoming war.

Will Sam recognize Arya's dagger from the book in the Citadel?

Where's Gendry? Will Jon and Gendry go from "Our Dads were besties!" to "Dude, your Dad killed mine! "

500 barrels of pitch (plus another 500 on order?) on the walls of Kings Landing. Good if attacked by Dothraki, Unsullied, or zombies. Not so good if set alight by a dragon.

So Daenerys decided to go to Winterfell by ship. When she arrives at Winterfell, who will be the first to say: "Dothraki fighters and Unsullied are good, but, seriously, NO DRAGONS? Zomnies can be destroyed by fire, so you left behind two giant, fire breathing dragons?" Facepalm

Since it will probably be 2019 before the last season of GoT, or the next season of Westworld, is scheduled to air, I have cancelled HBO Now. No point in paying for streaming with nothing on.
[+] 4 users Like Rockblossom's post
28-08-2017, 04:03 PM
(28-08-2017 03:36 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  

I'll put this under spoiler tags, just in case there's anything remotely spoilery in it.

Probably, but not necessarily. Maggi the Frog said "THE Valinqar" not necessarily Circe's valinqar, so it could actually be any younger brother (or possibly sister, because Old Valerian is like that). Maybe someone who wants to marry Circe in order to become King, and then suddenly finds himself not in need of a Queen - and has killed before in order to assume power? Or perhaps a "little sister" wearing someone else's face? (But I think Arya tends to be more stabby than strangle-y.) Prophesies are tricky things. And since they didn't include that part of the prophesy in the TV show, they may have another ending in mind. Or no ending, and Circe will be alive and still scowling and drinking wine in the final scene of Season 8. So we might have to wait for GRRM to finish the last book (sometime in 2035 or thereabouts) to see how the book prophesy turns out.

And a few random comments:
If the folks at Winterfell would stop using up all of their candles to light the crypt 24/7, they could have used a few to light the hall for Peter Baelish's trial. It was dark in there.

I like the new Sam & Bran comic duo. Sam ain't buyin' the old "it's complicated" answer, and Bran points out that even Greenseers and Three-Eyed Ravens can get information from just reading message scrolls.

With the Night King leading a zombie army south of the wall, who is watching out for all of those blue-eyed Craster babies in the North? Does the Night King have a Night Queen running the show back home? What do White Walker babies eat?

When the Watch at Castle Black finds out that the wall has been breached, what will they do? It's not like there's a point to their job now. On the other hand, the top of the Wall, or north of the Wall, seems the safest place to be for the upcoming war.

Will Sam recognize Arya's dagger from the book in the Citadel?

Where's Gendry? Will Jon and Gendry go from "Our Dads were besties!" to "Dude, your Dad killed mine! "

500 barrels of pitch (plus another 500 on order?) on the walls of Kings Landing. Good if attacked by Dothraki, Unsullied, or zombies. Not so good if set alight by a dragon.

So Daenerys decided to go to Winterfell by ship. When she arrives at Winterfell, who will be the first to say: "Dothraki fighters and Unsullied are good, but, seriously, NO DRAGONS? Zomnies can be destroyed by fire, so you left behind two giant, fire breathing dragons?" Facepalm

Since it will probably be 2019 before the last season of GoT, or the next season of Westworld, is scheduled to air, I have cancelled HBO Now. No point in paying for streaming with nothing on.

I hear Westworld is coming back next year.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Frikkin 7 episodes! Dodgy

Dafuq am I gonna watch, now?

28-08-2017, 05:02 PM
(28-08-2017 04:52 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Frikkin 7 episodes! Dodgy

Dafuq am I gonna watch, now?

I had read the first four and a half books...thought the six one might appear by the time I finished book five. I got sidetracked though.

So, now I am going to read them again...that should keep me pretty busy. And again...maybe by the time I make it through five, six will be done. Undecided

Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-08-2017, 05:23 PM
Ugh, do we need to use spoilers? I mean, the season is over, I doubt anyone will open the thread before watching it all. Anyway.

(28-08-2017 01:49 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  ...Good riddance MiddleFinger.

...I didn't really buy the hostility between Arya and Sansa, it seemed like an artificial attempt to ramp up drama...

...Super-reunion of all your favs...I didn't like. Too much star power in one place...

...Why can't Dany take the two dragons left and just go melt the entire Army of the Dead? It would take five, ten minutes tops. Even if one of them dies killing zombie dragon...

Yes, yes and YES. My thoughts exactly.

I mean, it's still one against two dragons and the dead are not un-killable now, this battle should be easy as fuck. I don't see how it could be balanced right now. Not to mention that if you get those 3-4 zombie bosses first, they will ALL die. This is all so silly.

As for Cersei, I doubt she'll go far now. Jaime's probably gonna get her and their kid at some point. I guess after dozens of years he just now realized she's actually evil and not right in the head? Took you long enough dickhead, no?

Also noticed something else. Remember when Benjen saved Bran and said he can't go beyond the Wall cause he's dead and all? Apparently, there's some ancient spells and shit carved on the Wall and the dead can't pass it. So, I'm like, how the fuck were the White Walkers planning to go beyond the Wall? Unless... unless they already knew they'd soon be getting a dragon that would destroy it. And the implications this may have are too complicated for me to process right now but I'll bet they will be relevant in the last season.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 3 users Like undergroundp's post
28-08-2017, 05:29 PM
(28-08-2017 05:23 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Ugh, do we need to use spoilers? I mean, the season is over, I doubt anyone will open the thread before watching it all.

To me, if you haven't seen the episode don't open the, hello, GOT thread! But I'm new here so I'm just playing it safe!

BTW, that part where the Hound strangled Jaime to death, holy FUCK did not see that coming.
[+] 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
28-08-2017, 05:39 PM
I will do the spoiler thing because sometimes people can't watch it when it airs...give them another day or two.

I am so freaking glad that Little Finger went out the way he did...Arya being the one to wield the dagger and him dropping to his knees begging Sansa to spare his creepy ass.

I wonder if Cersei is even pregnant...she has been known to lie about everything.

I wonder if Jon and Dany would have gotten together if they knew the information that Sam and Bran are going to share with Jon. And if Jon's already been dead, can he father a child? Consider

I will say that getting the whole group of major players together had a 'forming the Fellowship of the Ring' feel to it for me. I wouldn't have been surprised to see Elrond and/or Gandalf show up.

I sure hope we don't have to wait two years for the last season.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
28-08-2017, 05:44 PM
(28-08-2017 05:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I sure hope we don't have to wait two years for the last season.

Don't know when they'll be ready to show but read somewhere that it's all plotted out, every scene. So how it all shakes out is locked in, which is comforting; I hate the "let's improvise cool shit until we write ourselves into a corner, not bring it to a reasonable or sensible conclusion, and then just say it was all a dream."
28-08-2017, 05:51 PM
(28-08-2017 05:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  And if Jon's already been dead, can he father a child? Consider

Tony Randall did. Twice.

#sigh