Game of Thrones - It's on bitches.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2017, 12:59 PM
RE: Game of Thrones - It's on bitches.
Yup, that would be Young Griff who many claim is Rhaegars son Aegon who, during the Sack of Kings Landing, Varys claims he switched out with an infant he bought from a drunk at Pisswater Bend in the city. There are a LOT of problems with Young Griff actually being Aegon though, not the smallest being that the whole plot hinges on the fact that the infant had to be left completely unrecognizable, a thing Varys had no way of knowing would happen.
If I had to give my opinion I'd say that Aegon is not Aegon (but possibly still a Targaryen, a Blackfyre bastard most likely) and that Varys is lying. For starters his rescue plot only makes sense in retrospect, it seems designed to exploit the lingering doubt over Aegons death among the victors of Roberts rebellion. There is also the fact that it's totally in keeping with what Varys wants, which is peace and long term stability in the Kingdom, because Varys and his allies have gone to great lengths to teach Young Griff how to be a wise and able ruler who views the crown as his duty, not his right. There are other things that lead me to doubt his claim but I won't ramble.

Oh god the removal of Lady Stoneheart was disastrous in my opinion. The removal of her ground Brienne of Tarth's character arc to a halt which is why in the show she spends an entire goddamn season staring out a window only go magically find and kill Stannis in the middle of a battlefield. her story in the books is so much more interesting, especially with lady Stoneheart.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post