Game of Thrones - It's on bitches.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2014, 08:27 PM
RE: Game of Thrones - It's on bitches.
(29-07-2014 08:10 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 08:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Can't think of the guy's name but the new guy that started that traveling with Dani last season - then the actor didn't come back this season. How the hell did they pick the guy to replace him? Was someone blind? From a tall blond with a cartoonish jaw like Dick Tracy to this swarthy, much smaller guy. Ya didn't think I noticed didja, you stupid casting person.

Yeah, The Hound was a good character.

YES!! I don't like the new guy. Even though the other one was a little funky looking, I could understand why she might find him attractive, this guy? Meh Dodgy

Our sticking points vary, but I luvs the Game of Thrones right along with ya Hug
One of mine this last season, and I know it's probably more difficult than you might think, was can we get a big man to play The Mountain who could actually do more in a sword fight than lunge around clumsily, please? The way he was gripping his sword was just awful. Anyway.

Danaerys has been slipping further down my favorites list. That or her advisors! Those dragons are getting BIG, and I want some Great Westerosi Invasion, SOON! Get on that shit, Stormborn! Laugh out load

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
30-07-2014, 12:41 PM
(29-07-2014 08:27 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 08:10 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  YES!! I don't like the new guy. Even though the other one was a little funky looking, I could understand why she might find him attractive, this guy? Meh Dodgy

Danaerys has been slipping further down my favorites list. That or her advisors! Those dragons are getting BIG, and I want some Great Westerosi Invasion, SOON! Get on that shit, Stormborn! Laugh out load

I agree. Right now it just seems like she is way overpowered and her depiction often came across kind of in the old school heroic sort and that all makes her seem like a Mary Sue.

Or at least like a Superman type character but without all Kryptonite and other limitations to balance out the character. Although we will have to see what more they do with the dragons..
30-07-2014, 12:49 PM
(30-07-2014 12:41 PM)Addai Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 08:27 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Danaerys has been slipping further down my favorites list. That or her advisors! Those dragons are getting BIG, and I want some Great Westerosi Invasion, SOON! Get on that shit, Stormborn! Laugh out load

I agree. Right now it just seems like she is way overpowered and her depiction often came across kind of in the old school heroic sort and that all makes her seem like a Mary Sue.

Or at least like a Superman type character but without all Kryptonite and other limitations to balance out the character. Although we will have to see what more they do with the dragons..

It feels like Martin has Her in a holding pattern because he is not ready to bring her across the narrow sea. More because he is still moving pieces around in Westeros than because she needs more power. Dragons are already established as the ultimate force in this world. The Targaryen line was established because of 3 dragons, granted they were older than Dany's dragons are. I get less Mary Sue from her than a character Martin knows what he wants to do with eventually but needs to keep busy until the game board is ready to introduce her.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
30-07-2014, 01:20 PM
(30-07-2014 12:49 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-07-2014 12:41 PM)Addai Wrote:  I agree. Right now it just seems like she is way overpowered and her depiction often came across kind of in the old school heroic sort and that all makes her seem like a Mary Sue.

It feels like Martin has Her in a holding pattern because he is not ready to bring her across the narrow sea. More because he is still moving pieces around in Westeros than because she needs more power. Dragons are already established as the ultimate force in this world. The Targaryen line was established because of 3 dragons, granted they were older than Dany's dragons are. I get less Mary Sue from her than a character Martin knows what he wants to do with eventually but needs to keep busy until the game board is ready to introduce her.

Yeah that sounds a lot like stuff my wife has said from time to time. (Reading all the books and talking to her fellow Martin fans online). I can see it but it still seems a bit sometimes like some author favoritism or vicarious wish fulfillment going on.

Of course she also says "They're Moving Awfully fast... at this rate they're going to run out of material sometime by next season..." (As in will they have the TV show start to write the universe canon?)
[+] 1 user Likes Addai's post
30-07-2014, 01:36 PM
(30-07-2014 01:20 PM)Addai Wrote:  
(30-07-2014 12:49 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It feels like Martin has Her in a holding pattern because he is not ready to bring her across the narrow sea. More because he is still moving pieces around in Westeros than because she needs more power. Dragons are already established as the ultimate force in this world. The Targaryen line was established because of 3 dragons, granted they were older than Dany's dragons are. I get less Mary Sue from her than a character Martin knows what he wants to do with eventually but needs to keep busy until the game board is ready to introduce her.

Yeah that sounds a lot like stuff my wife has said from time to time. (Reading all the books and talking to her fellow Martin fans online). I can see it but it still seems a bit sometimes like some author favoritism or vicarious wish fulfillment going on.

Of course she also says "They're Moving Awfully fast... at this rate they're going to run out of material sometime by next season..." (As in will they have the TV show start to write the universe canon?)

Well with the way they have been moving they have what 1 more book to work with? After that I think there will be 2 cannons, HBO is dumping a ton of money into this show and need to keep it current to recoup those costs. A long hiatus would kill it and Martin takes years to write his books.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
31-07-2014, 10:35 AM
(30-07-2014 01:36 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-07-2014 01:20 PM)Addai Wrote:  Yeah that sounds a lot like stuff my wife has said from time to time. (Reading all the books and talking to her fellow Martin fans online). I can see it but it still seems a bit sometimes like some author favoritism or vicarious wish fulfillment going on.

Well with the way they have been moving they have what 1 more book to work with? After that I think there will be 2 cannons, HBO is dumping a ton of money into this show and need to keep it current to recoup those costs. A long hiatus would kill it and Martin takes years to write his books.

Well I thought my wife said that this season they actually had crossed into some of the material of the latest book. That was what got her worried...

But they do have a way of expanding on things that were only briefly covered in the books. Like the Aria and the Hound relationship went on a lot longer because fans and even Martin loved the interaction. So I guess they could go deep into the more recent plot lines. And my wife says there are other plot lines that they haven't covered so far in the series.
[+] 1 user Likes Addai's post
31-07-2014, 11:00 AM
(31-07-2014 10:35 AM)Addai Wrote:  
(30-07-2014 01:36 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Well with the way they have been moving they have what 1 more book to work with? After that I think there will be 2 cannons, HBO is dumping a ton of money into this show and need to keep it current to recoup those costs. A long hiatus would kill it and Martin takes years to write his books.

Well I thought my wife said that this season they actually had crossed into some of the material of the latest book. That was what got her worried...

But they do have a way of expanding on things that were only briefly covered in the books. Like the Aria and the Hound relationship went on a lot longer because fans and even Martin loved the interaction. So I guess they could go deep into the more recent plot lines. And my wife says there are other plot lines that they haven't covered so far in the series.

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/4-beh...e-thrones/

Quote:#4. They're Running Out of Books
#3. It's in Danger of Collapsing Under Its Own Production Costs
#2. The Child Actors Are Growing Up Too Fast
#1. The Fans and Actors Might Start Dictating the Plot

I loved the HBO series Rome and it only lasted 2 seasons because it was just really expensive. The episode "The Wall" of GoT was more expensive than any episode of Rome ever was so if there is even a dip in it's viewership HBO will pull the plug.

31-07-2014, 12:15 PM
I believe I read somewhere that the show would start doing its own thing if Martin couldn't keep up. If true, I certainly hope he pushes forward a bit faster.
31-07-2014, 12:24 PM
(31-07-2014 12:15 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I believe I read somewhere that the show would start doing its own thing if Martin couldn't keep up. If true, I certainly hope he pushes forward a bit faster.
Good luck with that.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
31-07-2014, 12:26 PM
(31-07-2014 12:24 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(31-07-2014 12:15 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I believe I read somewhere that the show would start doing its own thing if Martin couldn't keep up. If true, I certainly hope he pushes forward a bit faster.
Good luck with that.

Personally I don't blame him for not rushing it. The books took time. Good things take time. Fans may just have to deal with a complete split.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post