Game of Thrones - It's on bitches.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2015, 07:10 PM
RE: Game of Thrones - It's on bitches.
Well they weren't really zombies, more like reanimated skeletons.
Just because I'm picky like that.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
02-06-2015, 08:00 PM
(02-06-2015 07:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well they weren't really zombies, more like reanimated skeletons.

That was army of bones not zombie plague.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
03-06-2015, 10:19 PM
(02-06-2015 08:00 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 07:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well they weren't really zombies, more like reanimated skeletons.

Except that zombies were considered to be corpses that were animated magically, via a necromancer usually or a Litch, and that the whole notion of zombies being a viral infection or plague is a very modern take on the subject.

Tongue

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
03-06-2015, 11:00 PM
(03-06-2015 10:19 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 08:00 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Except that zombies were considered to be corpses that were animated magically, via a necromancer usually or a Litch, and that the whole notion of zombies being a viral infection or plague is a very modern take on the subject.

Tongue

The issue is not that of how they were raised from the dead because technically zombies by definition are reanimated. The issue is that zombies are mindless and only desire is food, usually in the form of brains or fresh flesh. Re-animated skeletons however are, firstly skeletons which zombies are not, and secondly and more importantly they are controlled and have a purpose. They can be stopped or thrown off a cliff (as shown in the latest GoT episode).

[Image: oscar.png]
03-06-2015, 11:35 PM
(01-06-2015 10:52 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  How did Snow get his sword again?

Ygritte gave him a sword, alright.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
04-06-2015, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2015 05:08 PM by Smercury44.)
(03-06-2015 11:35 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 10:52 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  How did Snow get his sword again?

Ygritte gave him a sword, alright.

I love that bit at the end where he tries to wink at her, but uses both eyes! Laugh out load Heart

[Image: giphy.gif]

Edit: yaaaaaay so glad this was my 5,000th post!!!! Big Grin Clap perfect!
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
05-06-2015, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2015 03:17 PM by TheGulegon.)
(04-06-2015 04:59 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Edit: yaaaaaay so glad this was my 5,000th post!!!! Big Grin Clap perfect!

If you remember, it was you who turned me on! Shy TO THE BOOKS!!! Blush I'd have cried foul if your 5000th post hadn't been about Game of Thrones! Tongue

I think we're fast approaching a time when everything we see from the show will come as a complete surprise! I know you've noticed it, too! Them changing the story a bit, or outright moving ahead of anything already written!
Like Master Aemon dieing at The Wall, instead of on a ship docked in far away Bravos! Or Tyrion already having made it to meet Danaerys minus his & Jorah's time shared as slaves to that fat guy! I don't remember Tyrion meeting Dani, at all yet, from the books!

Though, after episode 8's ending, I'm entirely okay with that! Big Grin Somebody needs to call up Peter Jackson & show him how a REAL Necromancer should be depicted on screen! Laugh out load

[Image: CGbNZfgWwAAYV-T.png]

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
05-06-2015, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2015 04:57 PM by Revenant77x.)
Not sure if Valyrian Steel is explain in the books but I bet is was made using Dragon Fire, which is why it will kill a white walker. Dragon's Glass and Dragon's Fire.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
08-06-2015, 04:05 PM
I know what you're thinking! But no, I'm not gonna say 9's ending was equal to 8's!

Coulda been if the damn thing had only touched down long enough for Dani to hop up on it's back, and stayed airborne while frying up the Sons of the Harpy! But it landed... and got spears chucked at it! No worries! I'm sure they'll get even bigger, but it cringed when stabbed! It let out a yowl of pain; showing us that it's vulnerable! Dragons: can be stabbed by thousands of spear chucking conscripts! Necromancer's Minions: swell in number for every single casualty your side suffers! I'm not afraid of those Dragons as much as I'd fear an Army of the Dead! Not yet, anyway!

Oh, and fuck Stanis! No spoilers! Fuck! Stanis! Angry

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
08-06-2015, 04:30 PM
Well, last night's episode was interesting. I may have to watch that one again.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF