Game of Thrones season premiere.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Game of Thrones season premiere.
It was on last night at the same time as The Walking Dead, which was kind of lame but luckily HBO played it 3 times so I got to watch it after both TWD finale and Talking Dead.

Anyway it was pretty darn good but I wish they'd mentioned what was going on with Arya cause her story is fun to follow.

Also I hope Tywin Lannister gets whats coming to him. What a horrible thing he did. (trying to avoid spoilers here lol)

Did anyone else watch?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2013, 01:30 PM
RE: Game of Thrones season premiere.
I did, can't wait to see how this season unfolds...so far, so good.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-04-2013, 05:20 PM
Wandered across a piece of trivia the other day. Can't think of her character name, but the woman that Robb Stark married is played by one of Charlie Chaplin's granddaughters. Kinda random.

01-04-2013, 06:37 PM
My son had been trying to get me to watch it for about a year now. So with all the marathons they were running I watched a few here and there. Now my son says I have to start over from the beginning. This is the exact same way I got hooked on Sons of Anarchy. Then I ended up watching the first four seasons in two weeks.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
01-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Where one brilliant show ends, another begins.
I thought it started last week.
Totally downloading that shit.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
01-04-2013, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2013 07:50 PM by GirlyMan.)
Yup. That Dragon Girl bitch (not sure whether she's got any tattoos or not Wink ) is gonna rain some hellfire down on the little tyrant. And she's not only gonna get some help from the unsullied eunuchs who feel not pain but also from John Snow and Mance Rayder and probably the fucking White Walkers too. I hope the imp takes over. Big Grin

Looks like Arya comes back next episode and from the looks of it she's gonna scare me as much as those little teenage Chinese girls who run circles around this old man in CompSci and Math all the while giggling and blushing cause they're embarrassed for me. Along with that big ass bitch Brienne who is more woman than most any man could handle (Girly being an exception Tongue )... Great show, can't get enough of it.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-04-2013, 08:42 PM
I would love to see Daenerys kick some Lannister asses...all except for Tyrion and the kids they seldom mention.

Love this show!

02-04-2013, 12:41 AM
Don't fool yourself, Tyrion is only slightly better than the rest of the Lannister sociopaths. He hasn't murdered as many people in cold blood as the rest of them, but he covers up their crimes for the sake of the family good, enabling the rest of them to do whatever they want and get away with it. He doesn't just look away, he actively covers up their crimes, making him almost as bad as the rest. I daresay if he were a full-sized Lannister, he'd almost certainly be as bad as Jaime, maybe even worse since he's smarter than the lot of them.

Daenerys is cold and crazy, she might have started out better than the Lannisters but by now I'm thinking I wouldn't really want her on the throne either.

In fact, about the only one in the show that I'd want on the throne are Arya (maybe, even she's slipping), Bran, or John Snow (who has no chance unless he becomes a bloodthirsty usurper which would probably ruin his likeability too).

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
02-04-2013, 02:05 AM
Started watching this show about a week ago, just got caught up. So far my favorite character was Ned... But like everything else that guys Bean in, his character dies terribly. I want to see more of the faceless assassins, though I doubt we will see them for a while as Arya just parted ways with him.
02-04-2013, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 07:20 AM by earmuffs.)
Earmuffs predictions for this session: The white walkers will become the biggest hidden danger and everyone will be blissfully unaware until it's too late. It'll get to a point where all seems lost when out of fucking nowhere what's her face and her dragons will swoop in (literally) and kill all the white walkers and save the day. The shit about pushing the now-crippled kid out of the tower will come forward and shit will hit the fan and the kings mother will get killed as will the kingslayer.
OH, and the smuggler will eventually kill the red witch and the 'rightful king' guy will snap out of her trance and it'll be magical and happy and shit.
AND, the old geezer in charge of the Crows will at some point be killed, probably by a white walker though my money is on the King of the North guy.
And#2, the dwarf will cun his way to a point where the kings hand guy (his father) will have no choice BUT to grant him Kings Cross (or whatever tithe he was after) and people will be pissed off and unhappy and the dwarfs dad will probably attack the dwarf and that guy (who's a knight now, the dwarfs body guard (fucking love that guy)) will step in and kill him. Oh, and he'll kill those fat oafs whom were guarding the kings mother at some stage too.
And#3, mother of dragons, her bodyguard guy that follows her around will be killed saving her life by the warlocks, but it'll be okay because he'll kill the warlocks before he dies. NO! even better, the new guy that swore to protect her will kill the warlocks but he himself will be killed in doing so. All will be forgiven for his past mistakes, it'll be a sad but magical happy fun time for all.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.