Game of Thrones season premiere.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2013, 09:33 AM
RE: Game of Thrones season premiere.
(02-04-2013 12:41 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Don't fool yourself, Tyrion is only slightly better than the rest of the Lannister sociopaths. He hasn't murdered as many people in cold blood as the rest of them, but he covers up their crimes for the sake of the family good, enabling the rest of them to do whatever they want and get away with it. He doesn't just look away, he actively covers up their crimes, making him almost as bad as the rest. I daresay if he were a full-sized Lannister, he'd almost certainly be as bad as Jaime, maybe even worse since he's smarter than the lot of them.

Daenerys is cold and crazy, she might have started out better than the Lannisters but by now I'm thinking I wouldn't really want her on the throne either.

In fact, about the only one in the show that I'd want on the throne are Arya (maybe, even she's slipping), Bran, or John Snow (who has no chance unless he becomes a bloodthirsty usurper which would probably ruin his likeability too).

You just quoted -why- I love this show.

No one is truly "good" or truly "bad". There's no perfect person.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2013, 11:06 AM
(02-04-2013 07:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Earmuffs predictions for this session: The white walkers will become the biggest hidden danger and everyone will be blissfully unaware until it's too late. It'll get to a point where all seems lost when out of fucking nowhere what's her face and her dragons will swoop in (literally) and kill all the white walkers and save the day. The shit about pushing the now-crippled kid out of the tower will come forward and shit will hit the fan and the kings mother will get killed as will the kingslayer.
OH, and the smuggler will eventually kill the red witch and the 'rightful king' guy will snap out of her trance and it'll be magical and happy and shit.
AND, the old geezer in charge of the Crows will at some point be killed, probably by a white walker though my money is on the King of the North guy.
And#2, the dwarf will cun his way to a point where the kings hand guy (his father) will have no choice BUT to grant him Kings Cross (or whatever tithe he was after) and people will be pissed off and unhappy and the dwarfs dad will probably attack the dwarf and that guy (who's a knight now, the dwarfs body guard (fucking love that guy)) will step in and kill him. Oh, and he'll kill those fat oafs whom were guarding the kings mother at some stage too.
And#3, mother of dragons, her bodyguard guy that follows her around will be killed saving her life by the warlocks, but it'll be okay because he'll kill the warlocks before he dies. NO! even better, the new guy that swore to protect her will kill the warlocks but he himself will be killed in doing so. All will be forgiven for his past mistakes, it'll be a sad but magical happy fun time for all.

Well... if they stick to the books... think more sad, less heroics/justice.
02-04-2013, 06:35 PM
They're books?

Seriously, is nobody making original shows any more?

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
02-04-2013, 06:36 PM
In a word...no.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
15-04-2013, 08:49 AM
Jamie Lannister the hand-less. hahahaha
15-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Jamie is one of the characters that grow the most throughout the series. Partly because of that hand thing.

But who the crap is that dude helping Theon?? I thought it was the bastard of Bolton, but now I'm thoroughly confused.

[Image: killing-floor-screen-banner.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes DancingSkeletons's post
15-04-2013, 01:29 PM
I'm thinking Jamie isn't going to be so good with the sword from now on. And Tywin now has to deal with two sons that are less than perfect physically.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
16-04-2013, 09:36 AM
Well, that last shot of S03E03 was quite a twist.
A knight that swore of everything, and then that happens

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
16-04-2013, 10:15 AM
This people know how to make a shocking episode ending :O

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
16-04-2013, 11:25 AM
I knew that was going to happen. What I didn't expect was the ska song which immediately followed it... Wtf was that about?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Game of Thrones - It's on bitches. GirlyMan 59 565 Today 12:26 PM
Last Post: Hobbitgirl
  Just started watching/reading Game of Thrones beeglez 6 86 22-06-2014 05:23 PM
Last Post: goodwithoutgod
  Which 'Game of Thrones' character are you? Smercury44 45 1,382 13-05-2014 09:24 PM
Last Post: Michael_Tadlock
  Derek Season 2 Virgo Supercluster 5 68 31-03-2014 02:33 AM
Last Post: Eva
  South park, season 17 Filox 11 519 07-12-2013 04:35 AM
Last Post: DLJ
  Any Games of Thrones fans? Artemis 7 328 21-10-2013 08:45 PM
Last Post: Artemis
  Did anyone watch Sleepy Hollow premiere last night? Escape Artist 4 389 20-09-2013 11:25 AM
Last Post: Filox