Game similar or like Dark souls and Elder scrolls.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2014, 05:04 PM
RE: Game similar or like Dark souls and Elder scrolls.
(30-06-2014 05:04 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(30-06-2014 05:02 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well as they say don't fix anything if it was not broken(so far mods fixing things all the time on skyrim makes it look better on PS3 and that is badDodgy ) Also never cared about star wars games past battlefront.

I will tell you now that if you skip KoTOR you will be missing out on one of the best RPG's ever made. I seriously mean that.

As for not broken...I find it hard to believe you've never run across a Bethesda bug.

Luckily most of them are just amusing. Sometimes they are a real pain in the ass however.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2014, 05:05 PM
(30-06-2014 05:03 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(30-06-2014 05:03 PM)TSG Wrote:  Get Morrowind: GOTY for the original Xbox or the PC. It's better than Oblivion, I'd say.

Heard it was harder than skyrim. Is this true?

I don't know about Skyrim, but it's certainly harder than Oblivion. However, the game world is more expansive, and more varied. The difficulty comes from the combat: you need to level up, or you'll never hit anything.

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
30-06-2014, 05:21 PM
(30-06-2014 05:02 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(30-06-2014 04:57 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Its better on PC because mod community can fix things that cant always be fixed quickly on a console.

That being said the game is still super fun on the console.

I also approve muffs list. You should really start with Knights of the old Republic. Thats still one of my top games of all time.

Well as they say don't fix anything if it was not broken(so far mods fixing things all the time on skyrim makes it look better on PS3 and that is badDodgy ) Also never cared about star wars games past battlefront.

Stupid, don't think of it as a Star wars game. It doesn't have the characters from the movies anyway, it's a completely different story. I mean yea there are Jedi and Sith and homosexual droids, but it's hardly much different from say Mass Effect.
You don't need to like Star Wars to play KotOR, as Hobbitgirl said, you'd be missing out because it's a very good game. Both are. Also, just a quick note that there's a new Battlefront coming out soon.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
30-06-2014, 05:26 PM
Jade Empire is also very good.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
02-07-2014, 01:40 AM
Morrowind is not about combat. And the quests are really simple. Morrowind is a living, breathing, totally immersing world. It just so happens to have combat in it. My favorite game of all time though.

I would give a shout out to KoTOR also. It manages to not only keep all of the star wars flavor, but add to it. If you liked mass effect it has a very similar feel (at least it did for me).

I didn't care for the witcher personally. Not sure why. The story failed to grab me and the combat seemed really flat and boring. Lots of dodge rolling around, if I remember correctly. Unimaginative landscape and a very rudimentary sand box feel didn't help. I didn't get very far in them. Maybe it gets way better, idk.

Fallout 3 was excellent, although all the hardcore fallout fans say new vegas was way better. I disagree.

Also, Farcry 3 and The last of US were both excellent games, although the last of us is not a sand box, it is an excellent story.
02-07-2014, 02:13 AM
Quote:I didn't care for the witcher personally. Not sure why. The story failed to grab me and the combat seemed really flat and boring. Lots of dodge rolling around, if I remember correctly. Unimaginative landscape and a very rudimentary sand box feel didn't help. I didn't get very far in them. Maybe it gets way better, idk.

Get out.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
02-07-2014, 11:40 AM
Go with Muffs list, seriously do eeeet.

I'd add Icewind Dale 1 + 2, Planescape: Torment, Dark Star One if you like space faring type games. If you can ignore the bugs Alpha Protocol has an interesting story and brilliant mechanics when they work.

Dark Messiah is okay, though a bit linear and short and you have to play KotOR, at least once.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas were both great games, and the twisty head glitch was hilarious and creepy at the same time. Morrowind's story was incredible, Oblivion was good but Shivering Isles is still one of the best stories I have played.

NWN 1 still ahs an active online community 10 years after release, NWN2..not so much. The NWN2 OC is meh, Mask of the Betrayer is a finely crafted piece of art though.

And that's it for my fanboying for tonight.

Here's the thing, were any of this true, Christian apologetics would not exist. One does not have to bend in multiple ways to defend electricity or aerodynamics. - Banjo

god's love is unconditional on the condition you do every thing he says. - Betty Bowers
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-07-2014, 12:08 PM
(30-06-2014 04:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The Witcher
The Witcher 2

(02-07-2014 02:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:I didn't care for the witcher personally. Not sure why. The story failed to grab me and the combat seemed really flat and boring. Lots of dodge rolling around, if I remember correctly. Unimaginative landscape and a very rudimentary sand box feel didn't help. I didn't get very far in them. Maybe it gets way better, idk.

Get out.

[Image: lMEa58i.jpg]

I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition of The Witcher 3, so let me know if you want to use my account to download all the bonus stuff. Big Grin

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post