Gameboy/ NDS?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2014, 03:35 PM
Gameboy/ NDS?
So I recently got emulators for the GBA and NDS, and I am having a blast playing the shit out of old games that I enjoyed as a kid. Any recommendations?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2014, 04:39 PM
RE: Gameboy/ NDS?
Pokemon. That is it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
08-12-2014, 06:38 PM
(08-12-2014 04:39 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Pokemon. That is it.

Actually playing Emerald right now. Kicking ass with my Treecko.

09-12-2014, 03:46 AM
(08-12-2014 03:35 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  So I recently got emulators for the GBA and NDS, and I am having a blast playing the shit out of old games that I enjoyed as a kid. Any recommendations?

Actually, the Castlevania series. The ones that were released on the GBA (after the first) were along the lines of the PSOne classic Symphony of the Night. Actually they have their own genre, affectionately known as metroidvania (a genre shared by the 2D Metroid series ironically enough).

So skip Circles of the Moon, but definitely try Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow on the GBA. The DS also saw the release of Dawn of Sorrow (direct sequel to the previous Sorrow game), Portrait of Ruin, and Order of Ecclesia (the only one I started but never beat because it's the hardest one ever, right up there with Ninja Gaiden and Dark Souls).

Of course there were a few Metroid games for the GBA as well, including a re-imagining of the NES original called Metroid: Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion.

If you enjoy tactical turn-based combat, these handhelds also saw the release of a few Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem games.

Anyways, here's just a fucking list...

GBA

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Metroid: Zero Mission
Metroid Fusion
Final Fantasy Tactics: Advance
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls (remake of FF1&2 from the NES)
Final Fantasy IV Advance (port of FFIV for the SNES [FFII in the US] with minor updates)
Final Fantasy V Advance (port of FFV for the SNES, previously unreleased in the US)
Final Fantasy VI Advance (port of FFVI for the SNES [FFIII in the US] with minor updates)
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem: The Scared Stones

NDS

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
Final Fantasy III DS (this is not a port of FFIII, but rather a remake with updated 3D graphics)
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (direct sequel to FFXII on the PS2)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (prequel to FF:Crystal Chronicles on the Gamecube)
Final Fantasy IV DS (Another remake, not a port, this time of FFIV [FFII US])
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

Also, if you ever get a 3DS.

Fire Emblem: Awakening
Bravely Default (the best Final Fantasy in-everything-but-name since Final Fantasy VI)

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
09-12-2014, 04:08 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2014 04:24 AM by Free Thought.)
Bastard stole my Fire Emblem suggestion...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
09-12-2014, 04:24 AM
(09-12-2014 04:08 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  ...

[Image: I-Know-Right-copy.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
09-12-2014, 04:24 AM
(09-12-2014 04:24 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(09-12-2014 04:08 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  ...

[Image: I-Know-Right-copy.jpg]

For the record; Fire Emblem: The Scared Stones was my favourite GBA game.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
09-12-2014, 04:29 AM
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town (GBA)

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
09-12-2014, 06:58 AM
(09-12-2014 03:46 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-12-2014 03:35 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  So I recently got emulators for the GBA and NDS, and I am having a blast playing the shit out of old games that I enjoyed as a kid. Any recommendations?

Actually, the Castlevania series. The ones that were released on the GBA (after the first) were along the lines of the PSOne classic Symphony of the Night. Actually they have their own genre, affectionately known as metroidvania (a genre shared by the 2D Metroid series ironically enough).

So skip Circles of the Moon, but definitely try Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow on the GBA. The DS also saw the release of Dawn of Sorrow (direct sequel to the previous Sorrow game), Portrait of Ruin, and Order of Ecclesia (the only one I started but never beat because it's the hardest one ever, right up there with Ninja Gaiden and Dark Souls).

Of course there were a few Metroid games for the GBA as well, including a re-imagining of the NES original called Metroid: Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion.

If you enjoy tactical turn-based combat, these handhelds also saw the release of a few Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem games.

Anyways, here's just a fucking list...

GBA

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Metroid: Zero Mission
Metroid Fusion
Final Fantasy Tactics: Advance
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls (remake of FF1&2 from the NES)
Final Fantasy IV Advance (port of FFIV for the SNES [FFII in the US] with minor updates)
Final Fantasy V Advance (port of FFV for the SNES, previously unreleased in the US)
Final Fantasy VI Advance (port of FFVI for the SNES [FFIII in the US] with minor updates)
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem: The Scared Stones

NDS

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
Final Fantasy III DS (this is not a port of FFIII, but rather a remake with updated 3D graphics)
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (direct sequel to FFXII on the PS2)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (prequel to FF:Crystal Chronicles on the Gamecube)
Final Fantasy IV DS (Another remake, not a port, this time of FFIV [FFII US])
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

Also, if you ever get a 3DS.

Fire Emblem: Awakening
Bravely Default (the best Final Fantasy in-everything-but-name since Final Fantasy VI)

Sweet, I'll check them out.

09-12-2014, 07:31 AM
GBA game - Golden Sun -I always hear great things of this RPG. I never played it but many friends of mine loved it, and RPG lovers adore it constantly.

For a quirky game I know of but don't know if it's fun or just strange on the GBA- Urban Yeti

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post