Games with great colour blind settings - suggestions needed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2016, 04:18 PM
Games with great colour blind settings - suggestions needed
Hi guys

So I am working on a video for my youtube channel and the topic will be about colour blind gaming/gamers etc
This is because I have a deficiency when it comes to colours (not the usual red green thing) and think that it's an interesting topic to talk about.

I have done almost all my research, I have my script for the video and all.

The only thing I am missing now, is a nice big list of games that have one or both of the following two:
1. Some kind of colour blind mode that a player can switch to
2. A way to change in-game graphics in a way that helps (either with colours or with contrasts etc)

Another thing that would be great as well:
Maybe games that don't actually require any settings because they should be perfectly fine to play for a colour blind person. For example osu or slither.

Mods that improve the game for a colour blind person would be great as well (things that improve contrasts, make shapes stand out, change highlight colours, etc)

Basically I want to put a nice big list in the end of my video, to show how much choice a colour blind person has.

I am happy to give shout outs to whoever gives examples here. (not gonna shout out if you don't want it though)

So yea, thank you in advance if you have some ideas.

PS I will link the video here once it is finished. but it might take a week or so because quality over speed.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2016, 06:28 PM
RE: Games with great colour blind settings - suggestions needed
I would say Minecraft is easily one, since the textures can be altered to accommodate color-blindness.

Some servers like Hypixel even have color-blind options for team colors in their minigames.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
31-12-2016, 12:38 AM
Here's a list over on the Giant Bomb wiki, containing games tagged with 'color blind assist'. Presumable these are games that have the option to enable color blind mode. Ironically enough, most of them are popular big budget shooters. This makes sense as they have the resources to dedicated to such accessibility, and that such options are crucial so as to not unduly handicap those playing in such a competitive environment.

http://www.giantbomb.com/color-blind-ass...101/games/

On the list is DOOM (2016), Battlefield: Hardline, Battlefield 4, Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Sim City (2013), and FTL: Faster Than Light. The list is not exhaustive, as it's missing games that I know had color blind modes (Left 4 Dead 2, Team Fortress 2), and I'm sure I've seen it pop up in other games recently as well (Titanfall 2, Watch_Dogs 2).

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
31-12-2016, 11:36 AM
Thanks guys.
Thanks for the link EvolutionKills. Great one!! I think I will put that in my video description

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
19-01-2017, 04:04 PM
World of Tanks features a "colour blind mode" that turns all red markers purple.

I wish more multiplayer games had this feature, as I'm constantly killing people on my own team because I mistook green for red.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-02-2017, 07:28 AM
(19-01-2017 04:04 PM)Sam Wrote:  World of Tanks features a "colour blind mode" that turns all red markers purple.

I wish more multiplayer games had this feature, as I'm constantly killing people on my own team because I mistook green for red.

Don't know if you play Destiny (PS4 and Xbox One) but there are many different color blind settings in the game. I've played around with a few since I have trouble distinguishing certain colors and it works perfectly in that game. Good multiplayer community also.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
22-02-2017, 06:44 PM
A lot of games these days have a colourblind setting that simply just changes a lot of the red, blue and greens to softer versions.
I guess it's an easy enough feature to implement and it has a really positive effect for those that need it so there's really no reason not to have it.

[Image: oscar.png]