Gaming: What pisses you off?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
31-01-2014, 02:40 AM
Gaming: What pisses you off?
So recently I went back and started replaying Fire Emblem Blazing Sword on GBA. I absolutely love the game, it's a childhood classic memory of mine. But aside from all the gay reminiscence, the game makes me so angry. I don't know if it's just that I fucking suck, or if the game sorta kinda hates me (I don't think it's first.)

But seriously, not many games can make me full on rage quit like Fire Emblem can. I'm so obsessive, I can't allow myself to let a character to die. I really don't like letting anyone die for the fact I spend all of my time leveling up only a handful of characters I want to use for the final chapter of the game. That being said, I'm screwed if anyone dies, and I have to start the chapter all fucking over. There are no save points, just a giant middle finger to the face. Sometimes, it's like the game literally tries to taunt me when someone dies. Like the character is either "so close" to staying alive or not dying, or "that enemy bitch obviously could have fucking moved to another god damn square."

Another thing that pisses me off is the evolution of characters. The items you need to upgrade character classes become really annoying to obtain by the end of the game. Like in one of the chapters, two thieves spawn on the far right of the map, where there are two important chests. You start at the very bottom, with a giant room in the middle of the map and only one other pathway (that quickly becomes crowded with enemies.) so you basically have to race across the map to fuck up the thieves before they loot the chests.

Anyways, rant over. What games piss you off, and what is it about them that make you want to massacre the entire world?

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2014, 02:44 AM
RE: Gaming: What pisses you off?
Mostly what pisses me off is that I suck. Sadcryface2

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
31-01-2014, 02:44 AM
Games with obnoxious DRM (always-online, only three installations, no hardware change, etc.).

Games with atrocious QA (Quality Assurance) testing (Dark Souls, I'm looking at you).

Games with over-priced DLC.

It's a good thing that piracy exists. Shy

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Vosur's post
31-01-2014, 03:21 AM
Games where you're basically in a little rat maze with enough people that it becomes less about skill and more about who sees who first and your KDR is likely never going to be over 4 or so if you're really good. (COD)

Now a fine physics based shooter like Tribes:Ascend lets a skilled player actually achieve their potential. I had nearly 16 KDR with over 10,000 kills back when they let you see your death count. Then whiny cunts got it removed because they couldn't even kill me when they spawned behind me, and it was stopping people from attacking for fear of hurting their kill/death ratio.

I also hate cheaters in the multiplayer realm.

I dislike games that rely heavily on stats and the character grind. I appreciate customization and perks, but even if you have 200 hours put into your character and are rank 100, a new player with actual skill in playing the game should be able to beat you. 10-20% difference based on items and perks is all I can take.

Also mmorpgs where no matter what you're doing... You just know somebody else has already done it. See that big boss? Lol you're like the millionth person to get here.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
31-01-2014, 03:37 AM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2014 03:41 AM by sporehux.)
I hate unskipable cutsceens on your tenth playthrough.
No Alt+f4 fast quit option.
Lengthy checkpoint save locations.no quick save
Multiple social network drm registration obligations.
Remembering to deauth games with Drm before you wipe a HDD.
getting old and losing my uber twitch reflexes in UT2004.
Not being able to decide between inverted Y axis or normal Y axis on the 360. I sometimes think the stick is controlling my game characters Head (inverted) and other times the gun sight (normal)

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
31-01-2014, 04:36 AM
I hate how it has almost become the norm for a game which is essentially unfinished to be released and get patched left right and centre due to lazy, greedy or incompetent programming. EA! WANKERS!

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 2 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
31-01-2014, 05:17 AM
When Hungary finally ends a personal union with Austria only to ally with France...
That pretty much makes me want to punch a baby in the face.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
31-01-2014, 05:21 AM
I don't like it when there are no female characters. I now refuse to buy games that only have male characters. It means that I very rarely buy a game nowadays.
31-01-2014, 05:34 AM
Well a video game where you just made sandwiches and did laundry would hardly be entertaining now would it...

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
31-01-2014, 05:47 AM
(31-01-2014 05:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well a video game where you just made sandwiches and did laundry would hardly be entertaining now would it...

Fucking troll. Big Grin

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Free gaming thread. Alex_Leonardo 22 270 09-06-2014 12:11 AM
Last Post: JaniceGalindo
  New TTA-Like Gaming Community? Im_Ryan 81 1,442 27-03-2014 12:21 PM
Last Post: Im_Ryan
Heart The most attractive gaming girl Metazoa Zeke 54 1,591 17-03-2014 02:51 PM
Last Post: DemonicLemon
  Science & Gaming to save the Ash Tree Bows and Arrows 0 76 07-01-2014 10:39 AM
Last Post: Bows and Arrows
  The future of gaming... H2O2 2 152 20-09-2013 01:21 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
Brick Non-Graphical Gaming 5yrup 9 500 27-05-2013 10:11 PM
Last Post: Likos02
  Pen + Paper Gaming Likos02 5 294 29-04-2013 09:09 PM
Last Post: Likos02