Gaming: What pisses you off?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
26-02-2014, 06:21 PM
RE: Gaming: What pisses you off?
(26-02-2014 06:12 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 05:55 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Facepalm

Y'know, I really hated Tidus until I played Final Fantasy XII.

[Image: Vaan.PNG]

This kid. I hated this kid so much. He was so annoying. And this picture, what the hell?! Like did Square need more money so they posed him like a Victoria Secret model?! Draw in all the fangirls, yes yes yes! Then again, I couldn't bring myself to finish XII. I just couldn't get into it, from the characters to how I kept getting confused on how/why they sprinkled in Star Wars into it and the plot. I just couldn't.

And somehow XIII is worse. This series has been downhill since VII, VII IX and X were playable at least but the last few... ugh don't play near an open flame.

Our Heros ladies and gentlemen. Facepalm Weeping

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2014, 06:45 PM
(26-02-2014 06:21 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 06:12 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Y'know, I really hated Tidus until I played Final Fantasy XII.

This kid. I hated this kid so much. He was so annoying. And this picture, what the hell?! Like did Square need more money so they posed him like a Victoria Secret model?! Draw in all the fangirls, yes yes yes! Then again, I couldn't bring myself to finish XII. I just couldn't get into it, from the characters to how I kept getting confused on how/why they sprinkled in Star Wars into it and the plot. I just couldn't.

And somehow XIII is worse. This series has been downhill since VII, VII IX and X were playable at least but the last few... ugh don't play near an open flame.

At 3:21...is that...is that Sheva?! Oh my god it is! What did they do to you?!
I've never been so happier to not continue with the series. Knew when I talked to a friend that played it and she said, "Oh, this one has an explanation on the plot to help you keep caught up!" because I said I got really confused with XII's plot. Any game that needs to explain to you what's going on when it's a plot driven game is clearly doing something wrong.

[Image: notagain.gif]
26-02-2014, 07:07 PM
(26-02-2014 06:45 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 06:21 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  And somehow XIII is worse. This series has been downhill since VII, VII IX and X were playable at least but the last few... ugh don't play near an open flame.

At 3:21...is that...is that Sheva?! Oh my god it is! What did they do to you?!
I've never been so happier to not continue with the series. Knew when I talked to a friend that played it and she said, "Oh, this one has an explanation on the plot to help you keep caught up!" because I said I got really confused with XII's plot. Any game that needs to explain to you what's going on when it's a plot driven game is clearly doing something wrong.

There is no plot, they have a massive codex that you have to read to figure out anything. They never explain where they are or what is going on. It's horrible, the worst example of storytelling ever. The worst part about halfway through the game you find out that the best ending possible is for all of your protagonists to die. The main Villain needs Snow and his band of merry morons to complete his master plan and No Snow no problem. Honestly the ending you do get is just pure luck that it didn't end up in total annihilation of all life. Truly epic fail of a game.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
26-02-2014, 07:10 PM
Quick Scope...

If you want to run and gun, buy a bloody assault rifle or shotgun... If you buy a sniper rifle, you will gain my respect by finding a covered vantage point and patiently waiting. Which is after all, the whole fucking point of a sniper.

There are few things more satisfying than a well placed headshot from half a mile away. Especially with a moving target.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Sam's post
26-02-2014, 07:41 PM
(26-02-2014 07:07 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 06:45 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  At 3:21...is that...is that Sheva?! Oh my god it is! What did they do to you?!

There is no plot, they have a massive codex that you have to read to figure out anything. They never explain where they are or what is going on. It's horrible, the worst example of storytelling ever. The worst part about halfway through the game you find out that the best ending possible is for all of your protagonists to die. The main Villain needs Snow and his band of merry morons to complete his master plan and No Snow no problem. Honestly the ending you do get is just pure luck that it didn't end up in total annihilation of all life. Truly epic fail of a game.
That's stupid. At least Yuna didn't go through with her "gotta die to save the world" thing and lived (and Tidus went away, yay). Though even that resulted in killing all of the summons which was kind of depressing. Seems like all Final Fantasy has going for it is that it's pretty. Though I guess that opinion varies from person to person.

[Image: notagain.gif]
26-02-2014, 07:51 PM
(26-02-2014 07:41 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 07:07 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  There is no plot, they have a massive codex that you have to read to figure out anything. They never explain where they are or what is going on. It's horrible, the worst example of storytelling ever. The worst part about halfway through the game you find out that the best ending possible is for all of your protagonists to die. The main Villain needs Snow and his band of merry morons to complete his master plan and No Snow no problem. Honestly the ending you do get is just pure luck that it didn't end up in total annihilation of all life. Truly epic fail of a game.
That's stupid. At least Yuna didn't go through with her "gotta die to save the world" thing and lived (and Tidus went away, yay). Though even that resulted in killing all of the summons which was kind of depressing. Seems like all Final Fantasy has going for it is that it's pretty. Though I guess that opinion varies from person to person.

No, FFX had a reason for people dying in this one the characters committing suicide at the midway point solves all the problems. Facepalm

26-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Damn, I was feeling like I was missing out because I haven't picked up a FF game since X. Kinda glad I didn't now. How disappointing.

I put thousands of hours into that franchise and was hoping to get many more hours of enjoyment out of it. Anyone have any recommendations for other good games in the genre?

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
26-02-2014, 09:07 PM

Do it. Come on do it. It will seriously solves all the problems in the game if all they would all line up and fall on their swords. Horrible plot.

26-02-2014, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2014 11:30 PM by Free Thought.)
(26-02-2014 06:21 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 06:12 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Y'know, I really hated Tidus until I played Final Fantasy XII.

No, no Rev.

The series has been downhill since anything after the first FF, with the exception of 4.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-02-2014, 10:57 AM
Short single player campaigns...

Not everyone enjoys multiplayer. A single player campaign should not be an afterthought. Considering the fact that multiplayer shooters are so formulaic and the amount of cash they pull in, Infinity Ward, Treyarch or any developers have no excuse for a half arsed campaign that lasts no longer than one afternoon.

There are more and more, top tier games in all genres that have campaigns of 4 to 6 hours at best. There's no longevity to them. There's only so many times you can replay a mission before it gets boring as hell.

Red Dead Redemption got about 100 hours play out of me. Skyrim, well over 500 hours. GTAV about 100 hours. And I still go back and find something new to do in these games. I'm still not sure if I've actually finished Skyrim!

I agree with what one reviewer said about CoD Ghosts, that the developers should take 2 or 3 years before releasing the next one, and use the time and VAST money at their disposal to produce something great and unique.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post