Gaming: What pisses you off?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
28-02-2014, 11:35 AM
RE: Gaming: What pisses you off?
FF7 was awesome, I loved that game.

Things that piss me off the most...are campers and snipers. I can't stand playing Call of Duty anymore. The first and second ones were so outstanding, but the camping got so bad. I actually remember in the first MW, I went through the whole first 3 minutes of the match without a SINGLE shot being fired. Everyone, my team included, was camping. That's not fun to me. I actually want to move and shoot and have fun; not find the best spot to lay down and get cheap kills with.

And second...I don't mind the snipers who got a legit kill on me. It's the people who do that stupid 'quick-scoping' that annoy the hell out of me.

I tried playing CoD a few days ago only to get killed strictly by campers and quick-scopers. I turned it off and went back to reading my book.

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes =jesse='s post
28-02-2014, 11:38 AM
When Skyrim freezes up... Like it did to me this afternoon.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
28-02-2014, 11:57 AM
I don't mind freeze ups....I really only care when its an RPG that I have 20 hours of vested interest with, and the freeze corrupts my one and only save file. Such a rookie mistake...

I played through 99% of Kotor 2 when that happened to me. It was about 2 years before I played it again (I got through the whole thing with multiple save files this time)

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
28-02-2014, 09:00 PM
Exclusives...

I don't need to explain why.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2014, 10:15 AM
There's nothing like having a whiney drama queen and perfectionist in your Raid or Dungeon group. Yuck!
04-03-2014, 10:14 PM
What pisses me off is racing against HoC in GTA, and having him slam me off of the road into other cars.

Do you want to die, Johnny? Tongue
04-03-2014, 11:28 PM
That reminds me. Wonky vehicle physics.

So one time I was playing Mass Effect 1,
I had to drive the Mako through some sort of water system, then, after a cutscene, I had to drive the mako through a portal. Seemed simple enough...

IF THE FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT ARMORED DILDO DIDN'T BACKFLIP 9 KILOMETERS IN THE AIR, SPIN THE WRONG DIRECTION, AND HAVE THE EMBARRASSINGLY FORGIVING COUNTDOWN RUN OUT, AND NOT HAVE AN AUTOSAVE ANYWHERE NEAR THAT PART.
[+] 3 users Like DemonicLemon's post
04-03-2014, 11:47 PM
(04-03-2014 10:14 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  What pisses me off is racing against HoC in GTA, and having him slam me off of the road into other cars.

Do you want to die, Johnny? Tongue

That why you should play Saints Row co-op, so that you can beat him senseless with a giant purple dildo-baseball bat.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
05-03-2014, 03:43 AM
Re: RE: Gaming: What pisses you off?
(04-03-2014 11:28 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  That reminds me. Wonky vehicle physics.

So one time I was playing Mass Effect 1,
I had to drive the Mako through some sort of water system, then, after a cutscene, I had to drive the mako through a portal. Seemed simple enough...

IF THE FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT ARMORED DILDO DIDN'T BACKFLIP 9 KILOMETERS IN THE AIR, SPIN THE WRONG DIRECTION, AND HAVE THE EMBARRASSINGLY FORGIVING COUNTDOWN RUN OUT, AND NOT HAVE AN AUTOSAVE ANYWHERE NEAR THAT PART.

That mechanic was poorly designed, very poorly... But I wasn't a big reasource hunting fan in replace of it. That bothered me but I did spend plenty of time watching old cartoons or P&T Bullshit! While half paying attention to mining.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
05-03-2014, 08:58 AM
(27-02-2014 10:57 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Short single player campaigns...

Not everyone enjoys multiplayer. A single player campaign should not be an afterthought. Considering the fact that multiplayer shooters are so formulaic and the amount of cash they pull in, Infinity Ward, Treyarch or any developers have no excuse for a half arsed campaign that lasts no longer than one afternoon.

There are more and more, top tier games in all genres that have campaigns of 4 to 6 hours at best. There's no longevity to them. There's only so many times you can replay a mission before it gets boring as hell.

Red Dead Redemption got about 100 hours play out of me. Skyrim, well over 500 hours. GTAV about 100 hours. And I still go back and find something new to do in these games. I'm still not sure if I've actually finished Skyrim!

I agree with what one reviewer said about CoD Ghosts, that the developers should take 2 or 3 years before releasing the next one, and use the time and VAST money at their disposal to produce something great and unique.

That's why I stopped playing CoD and most other FPSes. I kept buying them until Black Ops. I beat that game in a single evening and never touched it again. That was a $60 well spent. Dodgy That and the AI seems to be an afterthought as well. There's no balance to the new games. It's either so easy I could dance circles around the enemy while shooting, or so difficult that every opponent is Vasily freaking Zaytsev. It's like they got done making the multiplayer stuff and went, "ahh, we forgot single player. Make a few maps, and oh yeah, AI. Here's an AI from a game I wrote back in college. Just use that."

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister