Gaming: What pisses you off?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
05-03-2014, 05:01 PM
RE: Gaming: What pisses you off?
(05-03-2014 08:58 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 10:57 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Short single player campaigns...

Not everyone enjoys multiplayer. A single player campaign should not be an afterthought. Considering the fact that multiplayer shooters are so formulaic and the amount of cash they pull in, Infinity Ward, Treyarch or any developers have no excuse for a half arsed campaign that lasts no longer than one afternoon.

There are more and more, top tier games in all genres that have campaigns of 4 to 6 hours at best. There's no longevity to them. There's only so many times you can replay a mission before it gets boring as hell.

Red Dead Redemption got about 100 hours play out of me. Skyrim, well over 500 hours. GTAV about 100 hours. And I still go back and find something new to do in these games. I'm still not sure if I've actually finished Skyrim!

I agree with what one reviewer said about CoD Ghosts, that the developers should take 2 or 3 years before releasing the next one, and use the time and VAST money at their disposal to produce something great and unique.

That's why I stopped playing CoD and most other FPSes. I kept buying them until Black Ops. I beat that game in a single evening and never touched it again. That was a $60 well spent. Dodgy That and the AI seems to be an afterthought as well. There's no balance to the new games. It's either so easy I could dance circles around the enemy while shooting, or so difficult that every opponent is Vasily freaking Zaytsev. It's like they got done making the multiplayer stuff and went, "ahh, we forgot single player. Make a few maps, and oh yeah, AI. Here's an AI from a game I wrote back in college. Just use that."

Judging from my experiences with those games, I' say on higher difficulty levels the AI tends to become Simo Häyhä incarnate.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
05-03-2014, 10:00 PM
(05-03-2014 08:58 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 10:57 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Short single player campaigns...

Not everyone enjoys multiplayer. A single player campaign should not be an afterthought. Considering the fact that multiplayer shooters are so formulaic and the amount of cash they pull in, Infinity Ward, Treyarch or any developers have no excuse for a half arsed campaign that lasts no longer than one afternoon.

There are more and more, top tier games in all genres that have campaigns of 4 to 6 hours at best. There's no longevity to them. There's only so many times you can replay a mission before it gets boring as hell.

Red Dead Redemption got about 100 hours play out of me. Skyrim, well over 500 hours. GTAV about 100 hours. And I still go back and find something new to do in these games. I'm still not sure if I've actually finished Skyrim!

I agree with what one reviewer said about CoD Ghosts, that the developers should take 2 or 3 years before releasing the next one, and use the time and VAST money at their disposal to produce something great and unique.

That's why I stopped playing CoD and most other FPSes. I kept buying them until Black Ops. I beat that game in a single evening and never touched it again. That was a $60 well spent. Dodgy That and the AI seems to be an afterthought as well. There's no balance to the new games. It's either so easy I could dance circles around the enemy while shooting, or so difficult that every opponent is Vasily freaking Zaytsev. It's like they got done making the multiplayer stuff and went, "ahh, we forgot single player. Make a few maps, and oh yeah, AI. Here's an AI from a game I wrote back in college. Just use that."

Yeah, Black Ops was the last one I bought. Occasionally I go on multiplayer, but I'm not that keen on multiplayer anyway. Call me old fashioned, but gaming for me has always been about solitude, or at most, me and a mate on split screen co-op and a shit load of beer.

I suppose you've already seen this video. This is probably why every Call of Duty feels the same...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
05-03-2014, 10:26 PM
(05-03-2014 10:00 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 08:58 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  That's why I stopped playing CoD and most other FPSes. I kept buying them until Black Ops. I beat that game in a single evening and never touched it again. That was a $60 well spent. Dodgy That and the AI seems to be an afterthought as well. There's no balance to the new games. It's either so easy I could dance circles around the enemy while shooting, or so difficult that every opponent is Vasily freaking Zaytsev. It's like they got done making the multiplayer stuff and went, "ahh, we forgot single player. Make a few maps, and oh yeah, AI. Here's an AI from a game I wrote back in college. Just use that."

Yeah, Black Ops was the last one I bought. Occasionally I go on multiplayer, but I'm not that keen on multiplayer anyway. Call me old fashioned, but gaming for me has always been about solitude, or at most, me and a mate on split screen co-op and a shit load of beer.

I suppose you've already seen this video. This is probably why every Call of Duty feels the same...

I don't do multiplayer unless it's co-op with a friend. It gets boring real quick and the only communication that happens is to let me know how good my mom was in bed last night or a string of incoherent swearing in an octave that would make most opera singers jealous.

Yeah, I've seen that video. I've come to grips with the fact that CoD is dead to me. Their target audience has shifted to online play, and that's what continues to make them money. C'est la vie.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
05-03-2014, 10:33 PM
(05-03-2014 10:26 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 10:00 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Yeah, Black Ops was the last one I bought. Occasionally I go on multiplayer, but I'm not that keen on multiplayer anyway. Call me old fashioned, but gaming for me has always been about solitude, or at most, me and a mate on split screen co-op and a shit load of beer.

I don't do multiplayer unless it's co-op with a friend. It gets boring real quick and the only communication that happens is to let me know how good my mom was in bed last night or a string of incoherent swearing in an octave that would make most opera singers jealous.

Yeah, I've seen that video. I've come to grips with the fact that CoD is dead to me. Their target audience has shifted to online play, and that's what continues to make them money. C'est la vie.

Yeah, pretty much the same.

I hated the player invasion feature in Dark Souls, it felt like a real violation of privacy to me... Whenever I play Dark Souls now, I turn the router off. But there are penalties for doing it.

On the plus, there are a lot less messages saying "Praise the Sun!"

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2014, 01:59 AM
(05-03-2014 10:33 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 10:26 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I don't do multiplayer unless it's co-op with a friend. It gets boring real quick and the only communication that happens is to let me know how good my mom was in bed last night or a string of incoherent swearing in an octave that would make most opera singers jealous.

Yeah, pretty much the same.

I hated the player invasion feature in Dark Souls, it felt like a real violation of privacy to me... Whenever I play Dark Souls now, I turn the router off. But there are penalties for doing it.

And this is why I'm replaying Knights of the Old Republic or Skyrim instead of wasting my time with their MMO offshoots. The last thing I need in my RPG experience are other retarded people.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-03-2014, 07:49 AM
(06-03-2014 01:59 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 10:33 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Yeah, pretty much the same.

And this is why I'm replaying Knights of the Old Republic or Skyrim instead of wasting my time with their MMO offshoots. The last thing I need in my RPG experience are other retarded people.

I haven't played Dark Souls, so I had to Google what you were talking about. That is insanely idiotic. I really can't fathom how such stupid people get to positions to make these decisions. Because I really want some random douchenozzle jumping into my game and fucking stuff up.

When my buddy gets out of the military, he's going to school for game design. I'm learning programming so I can write his games. You guys wanna join us in making some actually decent games?

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
06-03-2014, 07:58 AM
(06-03-2014 07:49 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  When my buddy gets out of the military, he's going to school for game design. I'm learning programming so I can write his games. You guys wanna join us in making some actually decent games?

[Image: Art-Institute-of-Pittsburgh.jpg]

Already been there unfortunately, and I wish you the best of luck.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
06-03-2014, 08:03 AM
(06-03-2014 07:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 07:49 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  When my buddy gets out of the military, he's going to school for game design. I'm learning programming so I can write his games. You guys wanna join us in making some actually decent games?

[Image: Art-Institute-of-Pittsburgh.jpg]

Already been there unfortunately, and I wish you the best of luck.

He went there back in the 90s. Never finished his degree. He joined the military to get focus and discipline and wants to start back up when he gets out. We're planning on starting a small game studio to work on some ideas. It's mostly to make games that we would actually want to play.

09-03-2014, 05:06 PM
[Image: Bullet-time.jpg]

People who do this to me when i play call of duty or gears of war

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
09-03-2014, 05:18 PM
Griefers on GTA online. That is all I have to say. Facepalm