Gaming: What pisses you off?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
30-03-2014, 11:04 AM
RE: Gaming: What pisses you off?
Bad controls. I can live with a lot of things, but when you are not able to even gain consistent control of what is happening because of badly designed controls there is no rescuing a game from that. We've had almost 30 years now of developers learning what does and doesn't work on a little button game pad. There is no excuse for some of the sloppy shit you still see in high budget development titles.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Superluminal's post
30-03-2014, 11:16 AM
That the house always wins. Angry

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-03-2014, 11:24 AM
Why do developers almost always ignore the fans' opinions about a game and just go on and make a second game with the exact same problems as the first one?

Sometimes I feel that most developers are like "well, no one likes X but let's use it because I can't think of anything better right now".

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
30-03-2014, 11:38 AM
(30-03-2014 11:24 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Why do developers almost always ignore the fans' opinions about a game and just go on and make a second game with the exact same problems as the first one?

Sometimes I feel that most developers are like "well, no one likes X but let's use it because I can't think of anything better right now".

Sometimes it seems like they do the opposite of what their fans want. Like leaving in all the problems and crappy bits, but changing everything about the good parts.Dodgy

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
30-03-2014, 11:50 AM
(30-03-2014 11:38 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 11:24 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Why do developers almost always ignore the fans' opinions about a game and just go on and make a second game with the exact same problems as the first one?

Sometimes it seems like they do the opposite of what their fans want. Like leaving in all the problems and crappy bits, but changing everything about the good parts.Dodgy

Exactly! How the fuck do they manage to do this? I understand that sometimes there's a need for compromise due to limitations, but if you're going to spend years in making a game and you are forced to leave some things out, at least try not to fuck up all the rest of the game Dodgy

These things make me want to make a game on my own and make it perfect. But then I realize I don't have the money for that Weeping

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
30-03-2014, 06:09 PM
When the merchandise for a game causes me to lose a certain amount of money from my savings and I don't realize it until I drop a number from the thousands section. ;_;

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
05-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Unlocked goal attaining shit in games sucks the donkey ho-ho, especially when one does all THE F-ING REQUIREMENTS AND NOTHING HAPPENS. Bitches.
05-04-2014, 05:28 PM
That games cost money.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
05-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Having to download 23G's.

[Image: oscar.png]
05-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Having to sleep... Pain in the bollocks.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post