Gaming: What pisses you off?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
31-01-2014, 05:50 AM
RE: Gaming: What pisses you off?
(31-01-2014 05:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well a video game where you just made sandwiches and did laundry would hardly be entertaining now would it...

Oh I don't know. When I play as Maya the Siren in Borderlands 2 I've maxxed out the domestic skill tree. When the lads are in combat with Skags and bullymongs, it's quite thrilling to rush around using my powers to rub dirt off their cheeks with wet tissue.

In Left 4 Dead 2 when the other team members are desperately trying to fight off a zombie horde while looking out for special infected, it's quite satisfying to stand by waiting for them to be incapacitated so that I can pick them up, mop their fevered brow and give them a hug.

Not to mention Portal allows me to imagine reaching parts of the ceiling that I can't reach with my vacuum cleaner so that I can suck up the cobwebs.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Mathilda's post
31-01-2014, 05:51 AM
(31-01-2014 05:21 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I don't like it when there are no female characters. I now refuse to buy games that only have male characters. It means that I very rarely buy a game nowadays.

Your being sexist, although if i had to play 99% of games as a chic rescuing sexy dudes I would probably be pissed off.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
31-01-2014, 05:52 AM
(31-01-2014 05:51 AM)sporehux Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 05:21 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I don't like it when there are no female characters. I now refuse to buy games that only have male characters. It means that I very rarely buy a game nowadays.

Your being sexist, although if i had to play 99% of games as a chic rescuing sexy dudes I would probably be pissed off.

Or you just wouldn't buy the games.
31-01-2014, 05:54 AM
(31-01-2014 05:51 AM)sporehux Wrote:  

I'm not sure your definition of sexist is the same as people who actually experience sexism.
31-01-2014, 06:00 AM
Things that piss me off in gaming?

Let's see here...

Foliage. In most games I have played, leaves on bushes and trees tend to be a single, flat block of texture that just rotates around a single point so that it's always facing the camera. I fucking hate that. Surely the people behind that particular monstrosity in games could have figured out a more subtle way to go about cutting down on leaf animations and modeling than a flat texture that painfully obviously rotates to face the camera.

Clipping. WHY?! Why is clipping still a thing?! How is it that people can spend so much time making and animating models in games and NOT do a thing about *Swann's arm going halfway into his chest in cutscenes?! It doesn't look right damnit!
*Starcraft II example, but it's fucking everywhere and really doesn't feel like it should be a thing these days.

If I'm playing Battlefield or Call of Duty, why the fuck can I go prone and aim my gun into the ground as if I'm not on it? Why is that a thing?! I mean, it's not even clipping into the ground, it just seems to point down to it as though I'm a foot off of it. The fuck is that shit!?

I just wanna take this opportunity and say: Firaxis Games; why the fuck didn't you thoroughly bug-test XCOM: Enemy Unknown or Enemy Within (360 port at least)?! I have experienced more game breaking bugs in those two combined than in any other games for years. Not even Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim combined have matched them for the sheer number of incidences (including recurring bugs) which kill the game. Force instance, an enemy takes it's turn, stops moving and the camera just freezes, the game's music keeps running, the idle animations keep playing but nothing ever happens after that. Or the game giving me a mission, it being selected and never actually getting to the mission, just cutting back to the mission select only to Black Screen on the next mission I select, still with music playing, but again, nothing ever happening ever again. This is ludacris shit.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
31-01-2014, 06:15 AM
Women are represented equally in games,
The Sexy Big boob'd Player character
or the Sexy Big boob'd NPC.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
31-01-2014, 06:34 AM
(31-01-2014 06:15 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Women are represented equally in games,
The Sexy Big boob'd Player character
or the Sexy Big boob'd NPC.

Boobs are boobs, man. And I hear large pairs are quite popular.

It's all about the demographics.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
31-01-2014, 08:34 AM
Quote:Not to mention Portal allows me to imagine reaching parts of the ceiling that I can't reach with my vacuum cleaner so that I can suck up the cobwebs.

I lol'd so hard.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
31-01-2014, 09:31 AM
(31-01-2014 05:50 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 05:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well a video game where you just made sandwiches and did laundry would hardly be entertaining now would it...

Oh I don't know. When I play as Maya the Siren in Borderlands 2 I've maxxed out the domestic skill tree. When the lads are in combat with Skags and bullymongs, it's quite thrilling to rush around using my powers to rub dirt off their cheeks with wet tissue.

In Left 4 Dead 2 when the other team members are desperately trying to fight off a zombie horde while looking out for special infected, it's quite satisfying to stand by waiting for them to be incapacitated so that I can pick them up, mop their fevered brow and give them a hug.

Not to mention Portal allows me to imagine reaching parts of the ceiling that I can't reach with my vacuum cleaner so that I can suck up the cobwebs.

Best reply. Ever.
When I actually get around to making a game, I'll put a chick in there just for you Thumbsup

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 2 users Like Im_Ryan's post
31-01-2014, 09:46 AM
My top ten list:

1. Call of Duty
2. Bugs/Glitches
3. Unrealistic environments (bad graphics/interactiveability)
4. Call of Duty
5. Battle packs (or random upgrades)
6. Call of Duty
7. Retarded AI's (or teammates)
8. When I can't see my legs (and other relateable things)
9. Broken physics (bullet physics, lag, can't run for more than two seconds, etc)
10. Call of Duty

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 2 users Like Im_Ryan's post