RE: Gaming: What pisses you off?
Wealth of Nations doesn't come out till May/June Angry
And East v West has been canceled. Angry
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2014, 06:10 AM
Okay; I need answers.

Why on Earth do people in team games so often forget when there is a specific objective?

I mean, how hard is it to actually focus on what you're supposed to be doing (like capping and holding objectives for example) as opposed to running around like a dick and going for kills?

Pisses me off when I am left to be the only one trying to defend my teams points, especially when the game has no respawns, because everybody els eon the team is busy going for kills.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
28-04-2014, 06:30 AM
(28-04-2014 06:10 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Okay; I need answers.

Why on Earth do people in team games so often forget when there is a specific objective?

I mean, how hard is it to actually focus on what you're supposed to be doing (like capping and holding objectives for example) as opposed to running around like a dick and going for kills?

Pisses me off when I am left to be the only one trying to defend my teams points, especially when the game has no respawns, because everybody else on the team is busy going for kills.

That's because you're playing with 12 year-olds, or with adults that behave like 12 year-olds.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
28-04-2014, 06:34 AM
(28-04-2014 06:30 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 06:10 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Okay; I need answers.

Pisses me off when I am left to be the only one trying to defend my teams points, especially when the game has no respawns, because everybody else on the team is busy going for kills.

That's because you're playing with 12 year-olds, or with adults that behave like 12 year-olds.

My most recent experiences have been with PUGs in MWO, which is, too my knowledge, not exactly abundantly popular with the Squeaker Demographic.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-04-2014, 06:40 AM
(28-04-2014 06:34 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 06:30 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  That's because you're playing with 12 year-olds, or with adults that behave like 12 year-olds.

My most recent experiences have been with PUGs in MWO, which is, too my knowledge, not exactly abundantly popular with the Squeaker Demographic.

Then it seems like you have encountered some herds of man-children. That, or pissed off russians:

Playing with Russians is such a treat. Then always scream hillarious bullshit to eachother.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
28-04-2014, 06:47 AM
Immersion breaking, near player spawning of enemy AI.
I mean why bother killing anything if its a leak you can't plug.

[Image: mhap20.jpg]

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 3 users Like sporehux's post
28-04-2014, 08:12 AM
(28-04-2014 06:40 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 06:34 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  My most recent experiences have been with PUGs in MWO, which is, too my knowledge, not exactly abundantly popular with the Squeaker Demographic.

Then it seems like you have encountered some herds of man-children. That, or pissed off russians:

Playing with Russians is such a treat. Then always scream hillarious bullshit to eachother.
Hmm. I think you've encountered a group of people called "I play for fun and just not to get points or brag to my man-friends about my highscore, or I just don't play to win."
Seriously, some people just don't want to "play to win" or "play to brag" I think that some people buying these games actually want to have fun instead of being a big competitive braggart.
Not saying that you are. Also, if you are offended, I'm sorry.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
28-04-2014, 03:08 PM
(28-04-2014 08:12 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 06:40 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Then it seems like you have encountered some herds of man-children. That, or pissed off russians:

Hmm. I think you've encountered a group of people called "I play for fun and just not to get points or brag to my man-friends about my highscore, or I just don't play to win."
Seriously, some people just don't want to "play to win" or "play to brag" I think that some people buying these games actually want to have fun instead of being a big competitive braggart.
Not saying that you are. Also, if you are offended, I'm sorry.

One would expect that, if you get a game for fun, you'd want to win.

Winning is fun. Losing rarely is.

And having practically my entire team run off on me while trying to actually do the objective of a given game-type, especially when we lose because of it, just plain pisses me off; it makes no sense to search for objective-based games if you're just going to say 'Fuckit, I'mma run off and get myself killed for nothing'.

29-04-2014, 01:42 AM
So, I'm playing as The Papal State with the aim to form the Kingdom of God (which is just an event that you can trigger when you own certain provinces of the map. Completing it gives you several useful bonuses.) and than later convert to Shiite (Islam) for the lol's.
I'm the big white nation in Italy, the other whiter nation is Austria.
But anyway, the issue is the province "Istria" and whom owns it (Hungary). It's the last province I need to form the Kingdom of God after I annex Venice (which will happen eventually.). Istria used to be owned by Venice BUT Hungary attacked Venice while I was attacking them and took Istria the sneaky fucks.

[Image: eu4_56.jpg]

"But Muffs, you own the entire Italian peninsular, Switzerland and several rich provinces further north of Switzerland. Not to mention several islands and land in North Africa. You have an army of 80,000 highly trained soldiers and several very good generals to lead them. And don't forget your navy, the strongest navy in the Mediterranean. Why not just attack Hungary, they're in the tech group below you and their troops are no match for yours."

Well rather astute person, thank you for making said observation.
Here in lays the bigger issue..

[Image: eu4_55.png]

Note the large blue blob that is France and note the tiny white blob (the whiter than my white one) that is Austria. Normally Austria is in a position to take on France of whom is extremely powerful. Austria is able to grow strong and Austria and France sort of come to a neutral understanding.
Except this time round I was a factor and I blobbed quickly and stopped Austria from gaining any real power and becoming a super power.

The issue with this is that I'm a theocracy and so I don't have a King and so I can't become Emperor. The way the Holy Roman Empire works is, several chosen members vote for an Emperor. That Emperor than can step in to defend other nations in the Holy Roman Empire from outside intervention like that of France.
And if they're attacked they can call members of the HRE to help them.
This is how Austria becomes strong, because they use the HRE to fend off France whilst expanding within the HRE via cannibalism. They always get voted in as emperor because the AI is very good at keeping the people who vote for the emperor happy.
Anyway, so I become powerful stopping Austria from cannibalizing and becoming strong. So Austria has next to no military power capable of defending the HRE and I can't become the Emperor to step in to defend the HRE (because my leader is the Pope, whom can't be Emperor). So France thus has free reign to eat its way through the biggest thing capable of keeping it in check.

The other issue is, because of the way countries are designed, The Papal States has no military bonuses and very little economy bonuses where as France does. So not only can France support a larger army than me but it's better.

ANYWAY the issue with Hungary is that they're allied to France...
So my chance of getting Istria, that one lone little province is extremely slim at the moment.
This is what pisses me off at the moment.

Fucking France.. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
07-05-2014, 06:56 PM
The fact you can't revisit older Call of Duty titles, because of one simple problem... Hackers.

I went on World at War last night (in my opinion the best CoD, just for the atmosphere), on a basic team deathmatch... Holy shit! I've never seen hacking on that scale before. It was shocking.

So that's ruined that game...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post