Gaming: What pisses you off?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
31-01-2014, 11:17 AM
RE: Gaming: What pisses you off?
(31-01-2014 06:00 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Foliage. In most games I have played, leaves on bushes and trees tend to be a single, flat block of texture that just rotates around a single point so that it's always facing the camera. I fucking hate that. Surely the people behind that particular monstrosity in games could have figured out a more subtle way to go about cutting down on leaf animations and modeling than a flat texture that painfully obviously rotates to face the camera.

I love how this isn't the first time you've ranted about video game trees. Big Grin

(31-01-2014 06:34 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Boobs are boobs, man. And I hear large pairs are quite popular.

It's all about the demographics.

[Image: tumblr_mklljf1y7E1reef6jo1_500.jpg]

Tomb Raider (2013) and Tomb Raider (1996)

We have evolved from triangle titties to round titties.

2013 we did it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Ferdinand's post
31-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Sometimes, I'm not the most patient person, which is a personal downfall of mine. So there are even more things about actual game element I cannot stand. For instance, devoting hours and hours into leveling up characters. It's completely different when you're playing through the game and leveling up, but when you're just wandering around doing the same shit over and over again, it becomes exhausting. Let me rant about Final Fantasy for a bit (or at least a handful/majority of them that fall into this category). It seems like the game was made to make you stop in a particular area so you can run back and fourth leveling up your characters for like two hours before you can even manage the next boss. It really disturbs the pace of the game, and pisses off patience lacking players like me.

While I'm talking about FF, I hate games that feel more like movies than they should; not necessarily the story, but a mass amount of cut scenes. I love cut scenes, but I like a good balance as well. A game should almost feel like an interactive movie, but if there's more of a movie than you playing, it starts to dull out. FFXIII was awful with the mass amounts of tremendously long cut scenes it had. I'd run around a map, fight some enemies, level up (all the while nothing else is happening besides this, so I'm getting bored), kill a boss, long cut scenes (cycle repeat.) A game that had a good balance would've been The Last of Us. Although you didn't level up your protagonist, as your proceeded through your environment things were still occurring that kept your attention. It was like watching a movie, but you almost never stopped completely interacting.
04-02-2014, 10:03 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2014 10:06 PM by DemonicLemon.)
Turning the graphix quality to lowest still has the game run choppily.

When trying to make a good looking character (realistic in-universe or just beauty queen), the result always looks like some sort of abomination or not defined enough to be unique.

A.I. that effortlessly kick your ass.
Example 1: Marie in Skullgirls. She's always fucking my shit while I'm huffing and puffing with a controller that has a ring on the left control stick ground down from constant use while she just throws fucking huge skulls at me til I'm dead. Fuck you, Skullgirl! Your game is nice but you're a bitch.

Example 2: The soldiers in Black Mesa: Source. They can headshot me across the map with a shotgun when I don't even do anything that would realistically call attention from anyone a few feet away, let alone across a desert behind a few trucks.
04-02-2014, 10:10 PM
I have never raged before.
NEVER.
But games that are good but costly I get a bit frustrated. Like The sims 3. You like can't not have the DLCs, which one alone cost more than the game itself, and Simcity which was DRM, but, I'll forgive them since they are going to fix it.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
04-02-2014, 11:26 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2014 11:30 PM by WeAreTheCosmos.)
This is both games and movies... I can't take it seriously when I see slim female characters beating the crap out of large muscular men. That shit does NOT make sense. A 5'3" 100lbs martial arts champion still has NO CHANCE in an unarmed fight with a 6' 200lbs + guy... I'm forgiving when its a BIT of a stretch, but cmon'.

There are exceptions though. Fast and the Furious 6 with Gina Carano... I'm absolutely certain she could beat the shit out of most men. She could probably walk into a room full of average guys, inexperienced in fighting, and absolutely devastate them.

Of course, weapons make it a whole different story. Petite female assassins seem legitimately dangerous.
05-02-2014, 01:39 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 08:53 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Anyone remember this piece of shit?

[Image: True_Crime_-_Streets_of_LA_coverart.jpg]

Some retarded cheap GTA knockoff that didn't have the decency to be funny as shit like Saint's Row. The big selling point was supposed to be the combat, which is more akin to a traditional fighting game (Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, etc.), except that it was broken and made fuck all sense. I hated that game after getting repeatedly beaten in 1-on-1 martial combat by homeless people who apparently spent their free time moonlighting as Judo Masters. So then I hate-fucked that game to completion, because I was going to be damned if I let it beat me, and as soon as I finished it I pulled the game disk out and used it as dog Frisbee.

It was the best Frisbee ever, and the most fun I had with the game.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-02-2014, 06:48 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 06:54 AM by Colourcraze.)
I hate when my boyfriend plays shooting games in the morning when I'm not even out of bed yet. Talk about pissed off!
05-02-2014, 06:49 AM
(05-02-2014 01:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Anyone remember this piece of shit?

Some retarded cheap GTA knockoff that didn't have the decency to be funny as shit like Saint's Row. The big selling point was supposed to be the combat, which is more akin to a traditional fighting game (Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, etc.), except that it was broken and made fuck all sense. I hated that game after getting repeatedly beaten in 1-on-1 martial combat by homeless people who apparently spent their free time moonlighting as Judo Masters. So after that I hate-fucked that game to completion, because I was going to be damned if I let it beat me, and as soon as I finished it I pulled the game disk out and used it as dog Frisbee.

I laughed quite a fucking bit. But I agree. Game was mostly shit with homeless Judo Masters.
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
06-02-2014, 12:06 AM

Some retarded cheap GTA knockoff that didn't have the decency to be funny as shit like Saint's Row. The big selling point was supposed to be the combat, which is more akin to a traditional fighting game (Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, etc.), except that it was broken and made fuck all sense. I hated that game after getting repeatedly beaten in 1-on-1 martial combat by homeless people who apparently spent their free time moonlighting as Judo Masters. So then I hate-fucked that game to completion, because I was going to be damned if I let it beat me, and as soon as I finished it I pulled the game disk out and used it as dog Frisbee.

I'm laughing a lot. Laugh out load

You make the game sound actually fun, even though apparently it is not.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
06-02-2014, 12:08 AM
(06-02-2014 12:06 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  

I'm laughing a lot. Laugh out load

You make the game sound actually fun, even though apparently it is not.

I mean, come on, how often to you get to use the phrase 'hate-fucked to completion' in a sentence? Tongue

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post