Gaming: What pisses you off?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
18-02-2014, 08:07 AM
RE: Gaming: What pisses you off?
More than anything else...fucking glitches! Back in the day no respectable company would ever release a glitchy game. Now the attitude is 'Oh, we will release a patch later maybe probably, but maybe not'. No! Fuck you! Fix the goddamn game before I dish out the money for it, motherfucker! I'm looking at you, Bethesda!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
18-02-2014, 08:29 AM
(18-02-2014 08:07 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  More than anything else...fucking glitches! Back in the day no respectable company would ever release a glitchy game. Now the attitude is 'Oh, we will release a patch later maybe probably, but maybe not'. No! Fuck you! Fix the goddamn game before I dish out the money for it, motherfucker! I'm looking at you, Bethesda!

First of all, the bigger the games, the more glitches. Second, anything made by Bethesda has legit reasons for being bugged up the ass from day one. The games are massive, and I'm not talking about actual "map size". Hundreds of NPC's with individual dialogue and actions. Millions of objects need to be loaded to the right place. Into all of this Bethesda needs to work together a script that makes it all fit and work properly. Bethesda has worked their ass of to make Skyrim work, and to be honest, it works a lot better than one would think it would. This is also why you should always play complex RPG's on PC instead of consoles. The ability to debug is essential. Also DL, be happy that Bethesda acually made six massive patches to make it work. Be happy Bethesda aren't like these people:

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
18-02-2014, 09:02 AM
(18-02-2014 08:07 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  More than anything else...fucking glitches! Back in the day no respectable company would ever release a glitchy game. Now the attitude is 'Oh, we will release a patch later maybe probably, but maybe not'. No! Fuck you! Fix the goddamn game before I dish out the money for it, motherfucker! I'm looking at you, Bethesda!

Oh it isn't just Bethesda. It's almost any large company now. Way to be professional. Confused
18-02-2014, 09:19 AM
(18-02-2014 08:29 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  First of all, the bigger the games, the more glitches. Second, anything made by Bethesda has legit reasons for being bugged up the ass from day one. The games are massive, and I'm not talking about actual "map size". Hundreds of NPC's with individual dialogue and actions. Millions of objects need to be loaded to the right place. Into all of this Bethesda needs to work together a script that makes it all fit and work properly. Bethesda has worked their ass of to make Skyrim work, and to be honest, it works a lot better than one would think it would. This is also why you should always play complex RPG's on PC instead of consoles. The ability to debug is essential. Also DL, be happy that Bethesda acually made six massive patches to make it work.
And yet there are virtually thousands of bugs that had to be fixed by layman programmers in their spare time (both for the main game and every DLC). How do you explain that? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
18-02-2014, 09:29 AM
(18-02-2014 09:19 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(18-02-2014 08:29 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  First of all, the bigger the games, the more glitches. Second, anything made by Bethesda has legit reasons for being bugged up the ass from day one. The games are massive, and I'm not talking about actual "map size". Hundreds of NPC's with individual dialogue and actions. Millions of objects need to be loaded to the right place. Into all of this Bethesda needs to work together a script that makes it all fit and work properly. Bethesda has worked their ass of to make Skyrim work, and to be honest, it works a lot better than one would think it would. This is also why you should always play complex RPG's on PC instead of consoles. The ability to debug is essential. Also DL, be happy that Bethesda acually made six massive patches to make it work.
And yet there are virtually thousands of bugs that had to be fixed by layman programmers in their spare time (both for the main game and every DLC). How do you explain that? Consider

And how many of these "game breaking bugs" do you face every time you play through Skryim? How many bugs can you fix with your console command? I haven't downloaded a single mod that fixes bugs for Skyrim. Don't compare Skyrim to Rome: Total Fail 2.

18-02-2014, 09:34 AM
(18-02-2014 09:29 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(18-02-2014 09:19 AM)Vosur Wrote:  And yet there are virtually thousands of bugs that had to be fixed by layman programmers in their spare time (both for the main game and every DLC). How do you explain that? Consider

And how many of these "game breaking bugs" do you face every time you play through Skryim? How many bugs can you fix with your console command? I haven't downloaded a single mod that fixes bugs for Skyrim. Don't compare Skyrim to Rome: Total Fail 2.

Wow, Bethesda works so hard. Let's give them a big ass pat on the back.

I love Skyrim, but still. It isn't really professional to release a game with 20,000 bugs. If it had so many problems, it obviously wasn't completely developed and ready to be released to the public. Consoles especially, and don't give me that PC "superiors" crap.

Dodgy
18-02-2014, 09:43 AM
"Our game is big" does not justify "Our game is broke". And I have a glitch on Batman Arkham City that drives me nuts too. I was actually trying to get 100% on the game...no small feat. God damn Zsasz side mission still shows incomplete...despite him being locked up. I've talked to his prisoners, talked to him, unlocked all of the shit for beating him, but the fucker still says incomplete. Bastards!

18-02-2014, 09:57 AM
(18-02-2014 09:34 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I love Skyrim, but still. It isn't really professional to release a game with 20,000 bugs. If it had so many problems, it obviously wasn't completely developed and ready to be released to the public. Consoles especially, and don't give me that PC "superiors" crap.
Dodgy

And that's why you never buy games on launchdate. This is the way it is. And Skyrim wasn't even close to "unplayable" at launch. If you wanna really talk about horrible experiences with unfinished games, how about Sonic '06 or Superman 64; what about every damn sportsgame released by EA or THQ (R.I.P).

And for the last time, PC will always work better. Games are flippin MADE on a PC. And even don't get me started on hardware.

[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
18-02-2014, 10:01 AM
First and foremost: Rolleyes Also, Skyrim was unplayable for PS3 at launch. Your save file got to about 13-14 Mb, then it would essentially freeze - stuttering so bad it was unplayable. If your game does not work on a console, then it's simple. Do not release it for that console. Whether it's written on a PC or not is irrelevant.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
18-02-2014, 10:25 AM
Playing online and finally finding someone else who using a mic. However rather than using teamwork they play the role of commentary and bitch about how everyone else is doing everything wrong and how they know everything about the game because they play it everyday after preschool.