Gaming: What pisses you off?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
18-02-2014, 11:09 AM
RE: Gaming: What pisses you off?
(18-02-2014 09:57 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  And for the last time, PC will always work better. Games are flippin MADE on a PC. And even don't get me started on hardware.

Makes me wonder if you got blisters on your dick from all the whacking off you do to PC gaming. Dodgy

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
18-02-2014, 12:18 PM
A few things that piss me off about gaming.

DRM: First, lets get one thing straight. No matter how insanely complex and "unbreakable" your DRM is, it will be made pointless to those who wish to pirate your game. Period. End of story.

The only people that are affected by DRM are people who have legitly paid for the game. You know, your customers. I have been told TWICE by EA's tech support that I would have to find a NoCD crack for two different games that I legally purchased. (Command & Conquer 3 and the first Mass Effect). The first was due to the fact that the DRM was not 64bit compatible even though the game was. The second was because of deauthorization issues. EA simply could not understand that the computer that I initially installed Mass Effect on no longer existed (burned up in a fire) and that deauthing that computer just wasn't going to happen without Doc Brown's assistance.

One of the most ridiculous examples was Gears of War. The DRM had a built in expiration date! To make matters worse, they apparently "forgot" about the expiration date and did nothing to fix it until well after their customers could no longer play their game. A friend of mine who was in the military couldn't play his game at all until he got back stateside and had the ability to download the patch. Pirates were, as expected, unaffected.

Launch day DLC: Fuck you, just, fuck you. There is no goddam excuse for this. "Let's write this part of the game, and have it ready for launch, but let's charge extra for the 'complete' game."
It would be like me telling someone "I'm gonna build you this amazing gaming machine for $1500. BUT, if you actually want all the parts that go inside that make it awesome, you'll have to pay an extra $500"
A corollary to this issue is any gear that is only available through DLC that completely breaks the game. I can't remember off the top of my head, but I remember a DLC pistol in one of the online shooters I used to play that made me stop playing. It was only available as DLC and it killed anyone shot with it instantly, no matter where the shot was placed.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
18-02-2014, 12:31 PM
This mod has helped me a bit, but not much. I only wish they had done the original ending like this.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
19-02-2014, 12:40 AM
[Image: 1791350-pc_gaming_master_race.jpg]

Drinking Beverage

Also, Titanfall uses the Source engine and yet it's not on Steam, that's fucked up...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
20-02-2014, 12:49 PM
I hate the fact that modern multiplayer is so chaotic. It doesn't happen the way it should, teamwork is nonexistent, even in team based games its every man for himself.

I've been playing World Of Tanks on the 360 for the past week. There should be team work... flanking, suppressing, communication. But as with any online console shooter, everyone just goes their own way and does their own thing.

I was in a match last night, on the Mountain Pass map... Two main flanking routes to the enemy base, all the heavy tanks and assault guns went one way, leaving the rest of us in light and lower tier medium tanks to hold the right flank... Needless to say, we ran into enemy heavies and assault guns and had nothing effective to fight them with. Meanwhile, our heavies were trundling around with nothing to do.

The communication wheel is shit... You can say "attack", "help", "defend base", "affirmative" and "negative". There's no way to call for reinforcement or artillery fire on a position. And those with mics block up the chat by putting their mic against the fucking speaker.

But its the same in practically every online console shooter game... Trolling, cheating, and running around like a twat.

In fact, the next CoD should be called just that... Twat Ops.

Rage quit... SON OF A BITCH!

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
20-02-2014, 02:51 PM
(19-02-2014 12:40 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: 1791350-pc_gaming_master_race.jpg]

Drinking Beverage

... Which caste would I fit in?

I've spent most of my gaming time on my computer (when it was working!) recently, feverish to make a transition over to PC, but I still do drop down into the the console rabble when I'm bored enough and want a break from my PC (or when it's broke).

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-02-2014, 02:51 PM
(20-02-2014 12:49 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  I hate the fact that modern multiplayer is so chaotic. It doesn't happen the way it should, teamwork is nonexistent, even in team based games its every man for himself.

I've been playing World Of Tanks on the 360 for the past week. There should be team work... flanking, suppressing, communication. But as with any online console shooter, everyone just goes their own way and does their own thing.

I was in a match last night, on the Mountain Pass map... Two main flanking routes to the enemy base, all the heavy tanks and assault guns went one way, leaving the rest of us in light and lower tier medium tanks to hold the right flank... Needless to say, we ran into enemy heavies and assault guns and had nothing effective to fight them with. Meanwhile, our heavies were trundling around with nothing to do.

The communication wheel is shit... You can say "attack", "help", "defend base", "affirmative" and "negative". There's no way to call for reinforcement or artillery fire on a position. And those with mics block up the chat by putting their mic against the fucking speaker.

But its the same in practically every online console shooter game... Trolling, cheating, and running around like a twat.

In fact, the next CoD should be called just that... Twat Ops.

Rage quit... SON OF A BITCH!

You have perfectly summed up why I don't play shooters online unless I have a team that I know can communicate (a very select few of my friends)

Also, there is very little that is more irritating than hearing the squeaky voice of some prepubescent punk emitting a random string of colorful epithets. I don't mind cursing, not one damn bit, but at least learn how to use the goddam words first. To this day, I have no idea exactly how I'm supposed to be insulted by being called a "piss shit ass".

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
23-02-2014, 09:31 AM
(20-02-2014 12:49 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  I hate the fact that modern multiplayer is so chaotic. It doesn't happen the way it should, teamwork is nonexistent, even in team based games its every man for himself.

This this this this this.

WARNING! TF2 RANT INCOMING! If you don't play TF2 you won't be able to relate to this rant.

I've been playing TF2 like crazy, but the pub servers can be hit or miss. Sometimes, you get these awesome randoms just communicating with each other effectively. Other times, you get absolutely retarded teams with no communication or forethought whatsoever. There are two things that piss me off more than anything else:

1. No medics: Seriously, the only game mode where these guys are even optional is CTF, and even then it is highly recommended you have one on your team. Medics are absolutely vital to any objective push. If your team has no medic and the enemy team does, prepare to lose. Running into a team trying to fight without a medic is simply pathetic.

2. MY BIG ONE-No engineers/incompetent engineers and teams in CTF: Just as a sidenote, CTF is by far my favorite game mode. The engineer is the medic of CTF; he is simply indispensable. You MUST MUST MUST have at least one engie build a sentry to overlook the intel or YOU WILL LOSE. I have stumbled across teams that were down 2 captures, having lost a few rounds already, and they STILL didn't put an engineer down in the intel room. That is the epitome of being incapable to adapt to a situation as a team.

When I do decide to mercifully extend my help to such teams, I usually end up leaving out of rage. Being the retards they are, and not realizing that they need to seriously guard their intel, they continue to send out their entire force on offense and leave me, their lone engineer overlooking their intel, completely unsupported. I naturally get steamplowed by the soldier, demoman, heavy rush that creamed their pathetic, all-out offensive push. I'll even inform them on voice chat that they need to come help me ASAP and they just simply ignore me, because apparently guarding their own intel when the enemy is at our front (or back) door is pretty low on their priority list, or at least compared to rushing out to meet the superiorly coordinated team so that they can get their face blasted off and wait another 20 seconds to respawn.

Sometimes, they are fortunate enough to already have an engie, but then he completely FAILS at his job. If you are the sole engineer on your team, you MUST build in the intel room (except on 2fort where you can build overlooking the courtyard instead, if anybody manages to bypass your sentry by going through the hayroom, you can still trap them easily). You can only start building elsewhere in your base if another engineer already has the intel room covered.

I can't tell you how many times I've come across the sole engie on the team who has set his nest up in the FRONT side of the base while leaving the alternative routes to the intel completely unguarded. One time, it was TWO engies that did this, setting up their sentries side by side at the main gates, only have to have the enemy team consistently come in from the sewers underneath and bypass them entirely. That's another thing, don't set up your sentries next to each other. That's a waste of potential firepower distribution, doesn't allow the sentries to cover each others' weaknesses, and sets them up to both be taken out by splash damage.

Also, if I want to be a pyro or other engie buddy, BUILD A GODDAMN DISPENSER TO SUPPLY ME WITH HEALTH AND AMMO! Some engineers are absolutely bizarre and after having built their sentry in the intel room, leave to go dick around and do something else while providing their generous sentry babysitter with NO DISPENSER. Others do build a dispenser and then place it RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE GODDAMN SENTRY WHERE IT BLOCKS ITS FIRING LINE.

Lastly, if you are playing on defense as an engineer, you have no excuse to use the gunslinger. The mini-sentry is meant for offensive play, it sucks utter dick on defense, so why are you using it?

So yeah, since I've spent a lot of time playing as engineer, I'm fairly critical of how others play him (and justifiably so since he's so goddamn important to the team).

[Image: giphy.gif]
23-02-2014, 10:53 AM
Having to wait for the 25th to get here so I can PLAY the new Thief game. Irritating long waiting release dates.
23-02-2014, 11:29 AM
(23-02-2014 10:53 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Having to wait for the 25th to get here so I can PLAY the new Thief game. Irritating long waiting release dates.

Getting forgetful might be something to try. Thief hadnt crossed my mind for months. Then somebody brought it up yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised at how soon I'd have it.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post