Ganzfeld experiment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2012, 12:04 PM
RE: Ganzfeld experiment
Vosur, your balls are hollow, mine aren't....
So it's a little more complicated because mine are much more harder than yours.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes KVron's post
20-09-2012, 12:08 PM
(20-09-2012 12:04 PM)KVron Wrote:  Vosur, your balls are hollow, mine aren't....

Maybe you don't have the balls for this? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-09-2012, 04:04 PM
(20-09-2012 12:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-09-2012 12:04 PM)KVron Wrote:  Vosur, your balls are hollow, mine aren't....

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
20-09-2012, 08:07 PM
(20-09-2012 12:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Yeah... my balls aren't adequate for this job Sad

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
[+] 1 user Likes KVron's post
21-09-2012, 02:00 AM
(17-09-2012 09:20 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Alright, so I did this for about 20 minutes and despite an incorrect execution of the experiment, the results were quite impressive.

Here's what I did:

Step 1. Tape the two halves of the ping pong ball together
Step 2. Use them like glasses
Step 3. Use headphones with white noise playing

After five minutes or so (I had no sense of time during the experiment), the two seperate fields of vision of my eyes merged together into one big grey area. A while later it started getting dark, almost black and then bright again. This cycle repeated for a few minutes. Then the hallucinations started getting more fancy. I saw differently colored lights appearing in my field of vision, expanding and retracting again. What's so awesome about this is that it wasn't an image in my head (like when somebody tells you to imagine something), but I saw it with my very own eyes, as if I was watching a video. Then, unfortunately, the tape got loose and the effect was disrupted due to my vision returning to normal.

I'm definetly going to try this again soon.
Isn't it just amplifying makyo visions? I mean, when I meditate there is a lot of visions how sensorily deprivated brain tries to fill in the visual input. When I was a kid, I rode the visions still further and further, it was almost like going deeper into a fractal image. Sometimes I saw things like flying above a field of flower-like crystals, as I said, lots of fractal themes behind it.
It can be partially influenced by will, but it's mostly generated subconsciously.

I suppose the Ganzfeld experiment allows you to keep your eyes open and use them as you normally do, yet keep the visions.

By the way, why did you use a tape? Could you use a mp3 player with FM radio set on some blank frequency?

21-09-2012, 04:15 AM
This seems similar to what I experienced for a period after I lost my sight. A common phenomenon among visually impaired people, CBS seems to be caused by lack of visual stimuli.I had visual hallucinations of all sorts of patterns, they just popped up without any warning, I didn't induce them like you did. Haven't had this occur in quite some time now though.
21-09-2012, 01:34 PM
(21-09-2012 04:15 AM)ABC Wrote:  This seems similar to what I experienced for a period after I lost my sight. A common phenomenon among visually impaired people, CBS seems to be caused by lack of visual stimuli.I had visual hallucinations of all sorts of patterns, they just popped up without any warning, I didn't induce them like you did. Haven't had this occur in quite some time now though.

Hey ABC, did you call the TTA podcast once?
22-09-2012, 02:12 AM
No, that wasn't me.