'Gaps' in Obama's Leadership Contributed to Debt Deal Collapse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2012, 07:05 PM
RE: 'Gaps' in Obama's Leadership Contributed to Debt Deal Collapse

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-ju...as-e--mann

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2012, 07:28 PM
(10-09-2012 06:56 PM)BnW Wrote:  I'm getting the impression that the majority is rather happy with those. Definitely a left leaning crowd here.

Yes I agree. Therefore I conclude that a main issue with my threads is not their nature (political) or frequency but rather the political ideology they are believed to reflect.

(10-09-2012 06:56 PM)BnW Wrote:  The issue, again - for me, is you've become a one-trick pony. Pretty much every single thing you post is some rant against Obama.

I think the description of these articles as "rants against Obama" is a knee-jerk reaction to anything that discusses Obama's performance in an analytical manner. Obama is our President, this is the election season, and the articles I've linked for discussion all relate to points asserted or claimed by various people in this forum.

That aside, look at my list of threads started and you'll see that I've covered a variety of topics, and am not the one-trick-pony you describe. The fact that I've posted more of them recently has more to do with the nearness of the election and the number and type of articles being written in the wake of the Democratic convention.

So, no, I won't censor myself just because people don't like my point of view, or the topics I'm interested in discussing, or the way I bring them up.
10-09-2012, 07:44 PM

Good videos Bucky. I think I agree with every word of the Tom Coburn video.
10-09-2012, 08:02 PM
(10-09-2012 03:58 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Do you have a personal vendetta against Obama? This is really getting annoying. And most of this shit is biased (wrong), common knowledge, or irrelevant.

[Image: tumblr_m9y9clY6Uf1rt8sgdo1_500.jpg]

Jeff is posting a lot of GOP talking points, but this one you really should sit up and listen to. I haven't agreed with angle of some of Jeff's postings. However this is a real, legitimate, well researched criticism of Obama. It is fair and it is on point.

You make a claim that Bob Woodward's upcoming book is biased, common knowledge, and irrelevant. This is the Woodward of Woodward and Bernstein, the pair that took on and took down the Nixon presidency. He has a credibility that exceeds most journalists in the business today. He is NOT a partisan hack, and he is no GOP apologist.

Obama has failed to lead on any number of the most important issues of the day. This is a particularly relevant issue to this election. Knee jerk rejection of any criticism of Obama as biased is also not wise.
10-09-2012, 08:13 PM
(10-09-2012 05:49 PM)Jeff Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 05:07 PM)BnW Wrote:  Now you know how the rest of the community feels about your constant Obama threads.

Since you are the spokesman for the rest of the community, how do they feel about the many anti-republican, anti-Romney or pro-democrat threads?

Big ass post thread.

When the republicans were smaller government pro-personal freedoms I liked them.

The Republican Party
(also called GOP (for "Grand Old Party")) is one of the two major political parties in the United States, along with the Democratic Party. Founded by anti-slavery activists in 1854, it dominated politics nationally for most of the period 1860-1932. 18 presidents have been Republicans.
Currently the party's platform generally reflects American conservatism in the U.S. political spectrum. American conservatism of the Republican Party is not wholly based upon rejection of the political ideology of liberalism, as many principles of American conservatism are based upon classical liberalism. Rather the Republican Party's conservatism is largely based upon its support of classical principles against the modern liberalism of the Democratic Party that is considered American liberalism in contemporary American political discourse.

Liberalism
(from the Latin liberalis) is a broad political ideology or worldview founded on the ideas of liberty and equality. Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally liberals support ideas such as capitalism (either regulated or not), constitutionalism, liberal democracy, free press, free and fair elections, human rights and the free exercise of religion.

The Democratic Party
is one of two major contemporary political parties in the United States along with the Republican Party. The party supports a social liberal and progressive platform, and its Congressional caucus is composed of progressives, liberals, centrists, and left-libertarians. The party has the lengthiest record of continuous operation in the United States and is one of the oldest political parties in the world. Barack Obama is the 15th Democrat to hold the office of President of the United States.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp