Gary Exorcism.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2014, 03:44 PM
Gary Exorcism.
I live near Gary, Indiana, and this thing is getting big. Any ideas or criticisms. I am getting so much shit because of this.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...-1.1593169

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2014, 03:46 PM
RE: Gary Exorcism.
Probably bullshit.

No, most certainly bullshit.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
31-01-2014, 03:48 PM
(31-01-2014 03:44 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Any ideas or criticisms.
Well, there's no actual evidence (e.g. videos or photographs) to support that any of it actually happened, so there's that. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
31-01-2014, 04:16 PM
(31-01-2014 03:48 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 03:44 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Any ideas or criticisms.
Well, there's no actual evidence (e.g. videos or photographs) to support that any of it actually happened, so there's that. Drinking Beverage

Yeah, why is it that people only take out their cell phones to take pictures of their cats tricks, but forget to do so when a person is walking on the ceiling? Go figure!?!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 5 users Like Timber1025's post
31-01-2014, 04:18 PM
Why are you getting so much shit over this ?
31-01-2014, 04:31 PM
If such an incident actually occurred, then why does "ghosts & demons" have to be what is responsible?

Perhaps there is a scientific explanation, such as another kind of reality?

Not saying I believe this event occurred, only that IF it was verified to be happening.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
31-01-2014, 04:42 PM
Its odd I've been hearing more and more about exorcism. Reminds me of the 80s and devil worshippers.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

31-01-2014, 05:10 PM
By the way, what exactly is it that causes people's feet to be sticky when they're possessed by demons? Rolleyes

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
31-01-2014, 05:13 PM
(31-01-2014 04:18 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Why are you getting so much shit over this ?

Because its apparently proof that I am wrong

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
31-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Remember back in the Summer of 2013 there was the story of the "miracle priest" who showed up at the scene of that accident where a young woman was trapped in her car. All sorts of claims were made that he just appeared and he didn't show up in any of the photographs and he had a strange accent. All sorts of claims were made by eye witnesses. I remember it was a big deal over on another forum I frequent. Some were saying he was a saint and some were saying it was an angel. It turned out to be just a regular Catholic priest from the nearby town. He parked his car a quarter mile away and walked to the scene. Many people are incredibly credulous and blow things way out of proportion all the time. If someone is claiming that a kid defied the laws of gravity and walked on the ceiling I need to see some video.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 3 users Like true scotsman's post