Gary Johnson.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2016, 03:03 PM
RE: Gary Johnson.
(09-06-2016 02:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 11:41 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  There's a lot of noise about him among the #NeverTrumpers that I know, but I have yet to hear many Bernie Bros talk about him. I think they're saving themselves for Jill Stein or something.

No. While I'm not particularly excited about Clinton, I'm definitely not a libertarian.

This explains the #FeeltheJohnson

He's too wishy washy for me. He says he supports abortion, but also supports states to decide for themselves.

States should also decide what constitutes a school. Wtf?

If a certain school doesn't want to teach science they shouldn't be forced.

Yeah...no thanks.

The idea of States deciding the curriculum is a very good one - for one reason ----

What if the Feds decide to institute a policy YOU don't agree with??? If they have the power - you're screwed -- and so are your kids.

If the STATE on the other hand - decides it's going to promote some bonehead idea --- people will leave ---- and the state will be forced to reconsider it's stance on whatever it's promoting........

It's called "voting with your feet" -- and while not perfect -- is better than not having the option.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2016, 03:12 PM
(09-06-2016 03:03 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 02:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This explains the #FeeltheJohnson

He's too wishy washy for me. He says he supports abortion, but also supports states to decide for themselves.

States should also decide what constitutes a school. Wtf?

If a certain school doesn't want to teach science they shouldn't be forced.

Yeah...no thanks.

The idea of States deciding the curriculum is a very good one - for one reason ----

What if the Feds decide to institute a policy YOU don't agree with??? If they have the power - you're screwed -- and so are your kids.

If the STATE on the other hand - decides it's going to promote some bonehead idea --- people will leave ---- and the state will be forced to reconsider it's stance on whatever it's promoting........

It's called "voting with your feet" -- and while not perfect -- is better than not having the option.......

I disagree. Many people, especially poor, can't afford to just leave the state. It's like social Darwinism, which I don't believe is a good model for a society.

If my state decided to not teach evolution or biology, my only recourse to tell them I disagree is to leave it?

That's the same dumb argument people say "if you don't love 'merica you can leave it."

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 9 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-06-2016, 03:19 PM
(09-06-2016 03:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 03:03 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The idea of States deciding the curriculum is a very good one - for one reason ----

I disagree. Many people, especially poor, can't afford to just leave the state. It's like social Darwinism, which I don't believe is a good model for a society.

If my state decided to not teach evolution or biology, my only recourse to tell them I disagree is to leave it?

That's the same dumb argument people say "if you don't love 'merica you can leave it."

Actually - it's the opposite of "if you don't love america" ----

Consider -- if there's no differences between the way that people think and act, in different states ---- what's the point of having the redundancy of 50 extra governments????

Just have "The State Of America" -- and you've gotten rid of the overhead.....

Sure -- I don't like boneheads teaching creationism in schools... I don't like them telling kids that aborting is evil.....BUT --- if we don't allow idiots of a like feather to congregate -- they'll live where WE live...Smile

It's sure not perfect --- but I think it's better than expecting us to all come out of the same mold -- and all the kids to be taught the same thing -- as mandated by "Big Brother"......

Anytime you mandate at a Federal level -- somebody's going to lose the ability to think differently --- for good, or bad....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-06-2016, 03:27 PM
(09-06-2016 03:19 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 03:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I disagree. Many people, especially poor, can't afford to just leave the state. It's like social Darwinism, which I don't believe is a good model for a society.

Actually - it's the opposite of "if you don't love america" ----

Consider -- if there's no differences between the way that people think and act, in different states ---- what's the point of having the redundancy of 50 extra governments????

Sure -- I don't like boneheads teaching creationism in schools... I don't like them telling kids that aborting is evil.....BUT --- if we don't allow idiots of a like feather to congregate -- they'll live where WE live...Smile

It's sure not perfect --- but I think it's better than expecting us to all come out of the same mold -- and all the kids to be taught the same thing -- as mandated by "Big Brother"......

Anytime you mandate at a Federal level -- somebody's going to lose the ability to think differently --- for good, or bad....

Wouldn't that merely create 50 big brothers.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
09-06-2016, 03:59 PM
I voted for Johnson last election, and will probably vote for him again. While I don't agree with everything he says, as I don't agree with everything Bernie says, I'm willing to vote for either for the same reason. The differences in opinion I have with them tend to be on issues that the president doesn't have any real authority over, Congress writes the laws. Both Johnson and Sanders are intelligent, compassionate, ideological yet reasonable people who I don't think would ever make a decision they didn't think was best for the American public. In other words, they're both looking out for us, not big donators, albeit, in different ways.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like MustangManda's post
09-06-2016, 04:43 PM
(09-06-2016 03:27 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 03:19 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Actually - it's the opposite of "if you don't love america" ----

Wouldn't that merely create 50 big brothers.

50 little brothers.....

And - as a little brother - with two older sisters -- I can tell ya - little brothers get their asses kicked on a regular basis...

Big Grin

09-06-2016, 05:43 PM
Jill Stein's my first choice, but this Johnson guy seems fairly decent.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
09-06-2016, 06:17 PM
(09-06-2016 03:03 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The idea of States deciding the curriculum is a very good one - for one reason ----

I'm all for it. Mississippi kids will graduate high school unable to do algebra (or even arithmetic) and Maryland kids will graduate knowing multivariable calculus. GO TERPS!

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-06-2016, 06:18 PM
(09-06-2016 05:43 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Jill Stein's my first choice, but this Johnson guy seems fairly decent.

You know he's a pothead, right?

#sigh
09-06-2016, 06:34 PM
(08-06-2016 11:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well fuck me sideways and call me your aunt America, you're not totally fucked.

Well, I mean you are, but you're not totally fucked in the head.
This guy seems mighty fucking decent. I understand he has no hope in hell of winning because you twats are a bunch of inbred fat fuckers so dumb you make the Kardasians look like nuclear physicists.
But chop my head off and shove it up my ass if he isn't now your only shot of a decent President.

Please vote for him.

Laugh out load

I gave you a big ol "like" because of your epic cursing. The cussing was so much fun I have no idea what the post was about. Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post