Gaslighting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2017, 07:21 AM
Gaslighting
Someone bought http://www.alternativefacts.com and redirected it brilliantly. Have a look.

Gaslighting: Know It and Identify It to Protect Yourself

"Gaslighting is a tactic in which a person or entity, in order to gain more power, makes a victim question their reality. It works much better than you may think. Anyone is susceptible to gaslighting, and it is a common technique of abusers, dictators, narcissists, and cult leaders. It is done slowly, so the victim doesn’t realize how much they've been brainwashed. "

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/her...t-yourself

[Image: 15694751_s.jpg?itok=dNYuF1Ak]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Full Circle's post
01-02-2017, 07:24 AM
RE: Gaslighting
My mother could have written a how-to manual. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
01-02-2017, 07:24 AM
Funny this comes up today.

My SO and I watched the original movie on the weekend. I'd seen it before but she hadn't, and her first comment when it was over was, "This looks like what Trump has been doing to his supporters."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0036855/
[+] 4 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
01-02-2017, 07:53 AM
Very definitely part of the repertoire of a malignant narcissist. Text book.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
01-02-2017, 08:05 AM
I was hoping this would be a thread for posting videos of lighting farts.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
01-02-2017, 08:07 AM
(01-02-2017 08:05 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I was hoping this would be a thread for posting videos of lighting farts.

It can still be...

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
01-02-2017, 09:17 AM
(01-02-2017 08:07 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(01-02-2017 08:05 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I was hoping this would be a thread for posting videos of lighting farts.

It can still be...

Maybe wait to torch it until we've exhausted the value from the subject itself? Tongue

My mother-in-law has been doing this to her kids for decades. Just yesterday my wife discovered even more things that my MIL had done/said that my wife knew nothing about. It's fucking insidious, and it can affect people for many years after-the-fact.

You can be a victim of gaslighting and be completely unaware. But it will make you question your sanity in the process. It will make you question your memory, and yourself. And make you feel less able to trust your own memories- to a fault.
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
01-02-2017, 09:36 AM
My ex- tried to work on me like this -- one reason why she's an ex-.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
01-02-2017, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2017 10:29 AM by dancefortwo.)
(01-02-2017 07:24 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Funny this comes up today.

My SO and I watched the original movie on the weekend. I'd seen it before but she hadn't, and her first comment when it was over was, "This looks like what Trump has been doing to his supporters."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0036855/

OMG! The great scene from that movie. (I'm a well know old timey movie buff Thumbsup the older the movie the better I like it )

"TAKE THIS MAN AWAY!"

Ohhhhh, would that this were the trump administration tied up in that chair. Take this man away!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
04-07-2017, 12:27 AM
I wonder if gaslighting is like going up to a person with a sunburn and then slapping their red, raw back repeatedly and then when they finally get furious enough to hit back you point them out to everyone else and say SEE! SEE! I told you this person has emotional problems!

Here is the thing about potential...You either use your gift or your gift uses you. You are either a rocket or a bomb.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Oaken's post