Gator snatches two year old from Disney Lagoon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2016, 11:32 AM
RE: Gator snatches two year old from Disney Lagoon
Yep. Same kind of issue in south Louisiana and southeast Texas, though we still do play in the water.

I've been suggesting that Florida be required to put up warning signs about their state for years... I guess we can add "oh and you can get snatched by a gator" to the list of bullet points on the sign.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
15-06-2016, 11:49 AM
I thought it was strange that when we took the kids to Disney World, the canal adjacent to the resort had no warning signs about gators. My daughter off course made a b-line for the canal. I am glad I listened to the voice in my head and didn't let her get near the water's edge.
[+] 4 users Like Iñigo's post
15-06-2016, 11:58 AM
I remember when I was a kid hearing of a girl who'd been snatched by a croc up at Lake Kariba while on holiday. Scared the living daylights out of me. I slept badly for ages.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-06-2016, 12:05 PM
I heard the gator was an atheist.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
15-06-2016, 12:16 PM
(15-06-2016 12:05 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I heard the gator was an atheist.

Gator did exactly as designed.

The designer made every living thing potential food for something else. The designer also knew it was going to happen for thousands of years, waited patiently and got to view it in heavenly 3D. Now it just a memory.

Great design. Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like H4ym4n's post
15-06-2016, 12:34 PM
(15-06-2016 10:59 AM)skyking Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 10:45 AM)tomilay Wrote:  Tragic. The truth is I have seen some parents who take a cavalier attitude to the safety of their children. Like this is Utopia.

One of my friends from work has this attitude. A local child drowned in a nearby river and they posted about it and how tragic it was. Later, they wanted to camp on our beach lot.
My wife offered to buy life jackets for their little ones, and they insisted they could get some.
Next come the facebook Facepalm posts of the kids playing in the surf without life jackets.
Yep. There was this family out camping. They'd let their three year old with what looked like Down's Syndrome stray all over. No one watching him. He'd even go towards the toilets. Pit latrines, that he could have easily swallowed him. I suspect some people are too sheltered to know any better.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
15-06-2016, 02:06 PM
(15-06-2016 12:16 PM)H4ym4n Wrote:  

The designer made every living thing potential food for something else. The designer also knew it was going to happen for thousands of years, waited patiently and got to view it in heavenly 3D. Now it just a memory.

Great design. Thumbsup

<singing softly> ... and He Who made kittens / put snakes in the grass ...
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
15-06-2016, 02:37 PM
(15-06-2016 12:16 PM)H4ym4n Wrote:  

Great design. Thumbsup

Gators don't eat people. I've been told that humans are too salty for them.

The father and son probably got too close and the gator responded territorialy.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
15-06-2016, 02:46 PM
(15-06-2016 02:37 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Gators don't eat people. I've been told that humans are too salty for them.

Umm... Gators may not eat people often, but salty or not we aren't off the menu completely.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
15-06-2016, 02:49 PM
I imagine a hungry gator will eat pretty much anything it damned well pleases.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post