Gator snatches two year old from Disney Lagoon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2016, 04:31 PM
RE: Gator snatches two year old from Disney Lagoon
(15-06-2016 04:18 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 04:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  They do but that doesn't really matter when they drown you first.

There's just been so much sadness coming out of Florida lately and I feel so heart broken that this family came here to enjoy a nice vacation and had to lose their child like that.

I really think people just don't understand the danger because most people come from areas where this kind of thing just doesn't happen.

That family is paying a horrible price for their poor judgment. It is heartbreaking. Sadcryface

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
15-06-2016, 04:35 PM
(15-06-2016 04:15 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 04:08 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have never been there but if I ever get the chance I hope Full Circle has a spare room. Thumbsup

I hated Florida and couldn't wait to leave. There's no mountains and I love mountains. It's humid, bugs are everywhere and then there's the gaters. No thank you. (People were nice though)

I love, love, love the beach and FC is in the Keys. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
15-06-2016, 04:36 PM
(15-06-2016 03:00 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 02:46 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Umm... Gators may not eat people often, but salty or not we aren't off the menu completely.

So if the gator chews you up and spits you out it can later sue you for a salt Tongue

Next time, carry pepper spray.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
15-06-2016, 04:38 PM
(15-06-2016 04:03 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I went to Florida once.

I spent three days in Florida, south of Tampa/St Pete, on business one time. I hated it.

It wasn't the gators.

It wasn't the snakes.

It wasn't even the humidity.

It was the assholes getting on the freeway doing thirty-five. If there's one thing that punches my buttons -- !
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
15-06-2016, 04:38 PM
(15-06-2016 02:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I feel bad for that poor child. I am a little pissed at the parents. Why didn't they read and heed the damn signs...it's your job as a parent to keep you child as safe as you can.

If the child would have gotten loose from one of the parents and gotten into the water I would have a bit more sympathy...toddlers can be sneaky and quick. They were wading in the water acting as though the signs didn't pertain to them.

Wonder who they will try to sue.

A couple of things. First, guaranteed that the gator will be tracked and killed...reminds me of a gorilla story but I can’t place it right now. Rolleyes

Secondly, I am of the opinion that you can divide people into three camps: Camp A) Those that are afraid of anything that has to do with Nature and think everything wants to eat them. I call them shopping mall people.
Camp B) Those that think the world is benign and go pet Bison on the head and walk up to Grizzly bears to photograph them or take their two year old to a lake where gator signs are posted.
Camp C) Those who understand that precautions must always be taken and knowledge of your surroundings is part of that precaution then go out and enjoy the great outdoors.

I hang around with people from Camp C but know many from the other two. The Camp B people are always a source of entertainment. The Camp A people bore me to tears.

As my brother from Camp A says, “Nature, you scary”.
As my brother form Camp B says, “What do you suppose would happen if I tried to touch that thing? Let’s find out.”
Me: Hold on while I get my camera.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
15-06-2016, 04:39 PM
I feel really bad for the father though. Imagine seeing a gator grab your two year old out of your hand. I can't think what this poor man is going through. I'm sure he hates himself for doing this.

Maybe it was super hot in Florida and he wanted to cool off. If he's from a northern state he might not have known why the signs were posted or maybe he just didn't realize how prolific gators are in Florida.

My husband is from South Carolina so he knew about alligators and I'm from California and was totally stupid about them. When I visited Florida with my husband and two little kids, one was a toddler and the other was three, he warned me about gators several times. Every time I wanted to go near water with my kids he said no. It was just soooo fucking hot and I wanted to go to this nearby pond. He was adamant about it though. I'm glad he was.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
15-06-2016, 04:41 PM
(15-06-2016 04:38 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 04:03 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I went to Florida once.

I spent three days in Florida, south of Tampa/St Pete, on business one time. I hated it.

It wasn't the gators.

It wasn't the snakes.

It was the assholes getting on the freeway doing thirty-five. If there's one thing that punches my buttons -- !

Yeah, I get that. Don’t forget the assholes going 110mph next to the lane doing 35mph.

I live here, don’t remind me. Angry

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
15-06-2016, 04:49 PM
(15-06-2016 04:38 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 02:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I feel bad for that poor child. I am a little pissed at the parents. Why didn't they read and heed the damn signs...it's your job as a parent to keep you child as safe as you can.

If the child would have gotten loose from one of the parents and gotten into the water I would have a bit more sympathy...toddlers can be sneaky and quick. They were wading in the water acting as though the signs didn't pertain to them.

Wonder who they will try to sue.

A couple of things. First, guaranteed that the gator will be tracked and killed...reminds me of a gorilla story but I can’t place it right now. Rolleyes

Secondly, I am of the opinion that you can divide people into three camps: Camp A) Those that are afraid of anything that has to do with Nature and think everything wants to eat them. I call them shopping mall people.
Camp B) Those that think the world is benign and go pet Bison on the head and walk up to Grizzly bears to photograph them or take their two year old to a lake where gator signs are posted.
Camp C) Those who understand that precautions must always be taken and knowledge of your surroundings is part of that precaution then go out and enjoy the great outdoors.

I hang around with people from Camp C but know many from the other two. The Camp B people are always a source of entertainment. The Camp A people bore me to tears.

As my brother from Camp A says, “Nature, you scary”.
As my brother form Camp B says, “What do you suppose would happen if I tried to touch that thing? Let’s find out.”
Me: Hold on while I get my camera.

I was raised with a very healthy respect for animals.

Even when very young and delighted by the baby pigs at grandpa's farm I knew that I had to stay back because the mama could, and would, eat me if I got near those piglets. When grandpa put the mama outside I could get in the pen and play with them all I wanted. When they would squeal I could hear mama snorting and trying to get back into the farrowing building.

I also leaned that grandpa's cows were pretty mellow and would eat from my hand and let me pet their faces...while they were restrained in their Stanchions. I knew not to walk behind them...grandpa, grandma, and dad had some pretty nasty scars from being kicked. I knew to just stay away from the bulls.

Somewhere along the line I also learned that signs of warning are usually there for a reason. They typically aren't for decoration.

A little common sense would have gone a long way to prevent this from happening. It's a shame the animal will probably be killed because people think they don't have to heed a reasonable warning. And a little kid would still be alive if his parents had parented.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
15-06-2016, 05:00 PM
(15-06-2016 04:41 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 04:38 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I spent three days in Florida, south of Tampa/St Pete, on business one time. I hated it.

It wasn't the gators.

It wasn't the snakes.

Yeah, I get that. Don’t forget the assholes going 110mph next to the lane doing 35mph.

I live here, don’t remind me. Angry

For me it was the snakes, the 100% humidity alongside the 100 degree temperature, the gators, the bugs, no mountains, screened in pools and porches so the mosquitos don't eat you alive, the horrible Florida grass, (is that even grass? We call it weeds where I come from) the fire ants in the damned Florida grass, and yes, the dufus drivers.

But hey, Full Circle lives there so there's that. Thumbsup Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
15-06-2016, 05:02 PM
Quote:But hey, Full Circle lives there so there's that.
Right there is enough reason for me to go to bat one more time to go there.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post