Gator snatches two year old from Disney Lagoon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2016, 05:04 PM
RE: Gator snatches two year old from Disney Lagoon
(15-06-2016 05:00 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 04:41 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Yeah, I get that. Don’t forget the assholes going 110mph next to the lane doing 35mph.

I live here, don’t remind me. Angry

For me it was the snakes, the 100% humidity alongside the 100 degree temperature, the gators, the bugs, no mountains, screened in pools and porches so the mosquitos don't eat you alive, the horrible Florida grass, (is that even grass? We call it weeds where I come from) the fire ants in the damned Florida grass, and yes, the dufus drivers.

But hey, Full Circle lives there so there's that. Thumbsup Big Grin

If there is anything that's from the devil it's fire ants. They were all over SC...they are evil little creatures that you can't get rid of.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2016, 05:06 PM
You guys have to run the gauntlet known as Miami, cross the 18 mile stretch into the Florida Keys, and go halfway down to Key West...I’ll be waiting. Cool

It ain’t much but to me it’s all I need.

[Image: Florida-Keys.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
15-06-2016, 05:07 PM
(15-06-2016 05:06 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  You guys have to run the gauntlet known as Miami, cross the 18 mile stretch into the Florida Keys, and go halfway down to Key West...I’ll be waiting. Cool

Hey, I remember non-stop car rides from Iowa to the Outer Banks. Back when the only way out there was by ferry. I ain't skeered. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
15-06-2016, 05:12 PM
(15-06-2016 05:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 05:06 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  You guys have to run the gauntlet known as Miami, cross the 18 mile stretch into the Florida Keys, and go halfway down to Key West...I’ll be waiting. Cool

Hey, I remember non-stop car rides from Iowa to the Outer Banks. Back when the only way out there was by ferry. I ain't skeered. Tongue

The island on the right is home. I’ll leave the light on for you. Thumbsup

[Image: 2014-12-03-stm52b309f0a6a9a20131219.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
15-06-2016, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2016 06:12 PM by Loom.)
Read they found his body intact. I can only hope it will give his parents some measure of closure.

We lived in Florida for about 4 years when I was young. We had a great big lake behind our house. I learned quick as a kid never to go near it. We had masses of cottonmouths and the occiasional gator. Thought the people with a paddleboat were bonkers.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
15-06-2016, 05:46 PM
(15-06-2016 05:12 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 05:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Hey, I remember non-stop car rides from Iowa to the Outer Banks. Back when the only way out there was by ferry. I ain't skeered. Tongue

The island on the right is home. I’ll leave the light on for you. Thumbsup

Is that Matecumbe? My dad's family are from Miami-Homestead, and still have some undeveloped property on Duck Key. We would on occasion vacation to see the family in Miami, then everyone would go out to Matecumbe and rent a condo (way up on concrete stilts!) for a week, a sort of vacation-in-a-vacation. Good memories.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
15-06-2016, 05:59 PM
(15-06-2016 05:46 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 05:12 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The island on the right is home. I’ll leave the light on for you. Thumbsup

Is that Matecumbe? My dad's family are from Miami-Homestead, and still have some undeveloped property on Duck Key. We would on occasion vacation to see the family in Miami, then everyone would go out to Matecumbe and rent a condo (way up on concrete stilts!) for a week, a sort of vacation-in-a-vacation. Good memories.

It is! Oh noes I’ve been found. Duck Key is 17 miles down the road from us. It has become quite exclusive with Hawk Cay Resort being a 5 Star joint.

15-06-2016, 06:01 PM
(15-06-2016 04:41 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Yeah, I get that. Don’t forget the assholes going 110mph next to the lane doing 35mph.

I live here, don’t remind me. Angry

Ya know?

Well, yeah, yeah you do.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
15-06-2016, 06:17 PM
(15-06-2016 05:59 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 05:46 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Is that Matecumbe? My dad's family are from Miami-Homestead, and still have some undeveloped property on Duck Key. We would on occasion vacation to see the family in Miami, then everyone would go out to Matecumbe and rent a condo (way up on concrete stilts!) for a week, a sort of vacation-in-a-vacation. Good memories.

It is! Oh noes I’ve been found. Duck Key is 17 miles down the road from us. It has become quite exclusive with Hawk Cay Resort being a 5 Star joint.

Dude, more importantly, you're right next to the Dolphin Research Center!

That is one of the coolest places in the USA.

(I also had a hyper-Capitalist girlfriend break up with me over that place, when I was living in Coral Gables for a summer, because I didn't like the high-paying job I had in applied science, and wanted to work in the pure science field... when she found out I'd applied for lower paying jobs at the Oceanographic Institute and at the dolphin center, it was OVER!)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
15-06-2016, 06:18 PM
(15-06-2016 05:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 05:00 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  For me it was the snakes, the 100% humidity alongside the 100 degree temperature, the gators, the bugs, no mountains, screened in pools and porches so the mosquitos don't eat you alive, the horrible Florida grass, (is that even grass? We call it weeds where I come from) the fire ants in the damned Florida grass, and yes, the dufus drivers.

But hey, Full Circle lives there so there's that. Thumbsup Big Grin

If there is anything that's from the devil it's fire ants. They were all over SC...they are evil little creatures that you can't get rid of.

I was walking across the grass (if you wanna call that razor stuff grass) at a college in Florida (I can't remember which college) with my one year old and three year old daughters. We all had sandals on and the fire ants attacked all three of us. I picked up my two kids and ran for the sidewalk while the fire ants were biting us all over our feet. I swatted them off my kids feet first while my feet were being burned alive. They were screaming and I was super pissed and longing for California.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.