Gator snatches two year old from Disney Lagoon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2016, 11:04 PM
RE: Gator snatches two year old from Disney Lagoon
(15-06-2016 10:16 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  TOURIST DIES AT YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK AFTER FALLING INTO BOILING, ACIDIC SPRING

"No significant human remains were left to recover after Colin Nathaniel Scott, a former nature preserve volunteer from Portland, Oregon, went off a designated pathway and slipped on some gravel and into the water in a geyser basin dotted with boiling hot springs, authorities said.

Only his sister witnessed the fall, park officials said. The pair had walked about 225 yards off the boardwalk to get closer to some thermal features, which is against park regulations, officials said.”

I’ll nominate him for a Darwin Award. It’s not that he fell off of a boardwalk mind you, he walked 225 yards into the geyser field. Facepalm

Having worked at a nature preserve for two years, I can tell you, no one pays attention to the signs. No one.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2016, 02:55 PM
It was the summer of 1964, I worked in Yellowstone Park and cooked at Old Faithful Lodge. My heaviest memory is that one day as I was working cooking at the grill and there was a bunch of shouting and yelling and pushing and shoving near the door and a child was carried in and laid on a table she was about 3 years old and her parents had seen a bear. Now there were signs all over saying that the bears were dangerous, but this all American couple wanted a picture of this huge bear licking their baby's face so they smeared honey on the side of her face and the bear took a huge bite, probably destroying her face forever. We heard a week or so later that the girl was going to live and be able to walk and talk again, but the parents decided to sue Yellowstone Park for allowing their bear to do that to theri child!. Never heard how that turned out.
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
16-06-2016, 03:06 PM
(16-06-2016 02:55 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  It was the summer of 1964, I worked in Yellowstone Park and cooked at Old Faithful Lodge. My heaviest memory is that one day as I was working cooking at the grill and there was a bunch of shouting and yelling and pushing and shoving near the door and a child was carried in and laid on a table she was about 3 years old and her parents had seen a bear. Now there were signs all over saying that the bears were dangerous, but this all American couple wanted a picture of this huge bear licking their baby's face so they smeared honey on the side of her face and the bear took a huge bite, probably destroying her face forever. We heard a week or so later that the girl was going to live and be able to walk and talk again, but the parents decided to sue Yellowstone Park for allowing their bear to do that to theri child!. Never heard how that turned out.

Typical....

I'm a moron - so I'm going to sue you for my stupidity....

It's lawyers like that, that give the profession a sleazy reputation...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
16-06-2016, 03:22 PM
The "mommy blogs" are going crazy with don't blame the family thing...

No one is responsible except for Disney who didn't do more to keep alligators out. They also claim the since the child wasn't swimming but just jumping and splashing...Facepalm

Seriously.

I can still sympathize with the family, while condemning their blatant stupidity and reckless disregard of posted signs....signs that also included an image of an alligator.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-06-2016, 03:27 PM
(16-06-2016 02:55 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  It was the summer of 1964, I worked in Yellowstone Park and cooked at Old Faithful Lodge. My heaviest memory is that one day as I was working cooking at the grill and there was a bunch of shouting and yelling and pushing and shoving near the door and a child was carried in and laid on a table she was about 3 years old and her parents had seen a bear. Now there were signs all over saying that the bears were dangerous, but this all American couple wanted a picture of this huge bear licking their baby's face so they smeared honey on the side of her face and the bear took a huge bite, probably destroying her face forever. We heard a week or so later that the girl was going to live and be able to walk and talk again, but the parents decided to sue Yellowstone Park for allowing their bear to do that to theri child!. Never heard how that turned out.

God that's stupidity beyond belief. Facepalm

There was some guy who climbed up Mount St. Helens a couple years ago and wanted to have a photo taken of himself standing on the rim of the volcano. He wanted to be as near to the edge as possible. Well, you can guess where this story's going. He stepped a little too close to the edge and disappeared out of the photo. It's a couple thousand feet down to the bottom.

[Image: MSH05_aerial_st_helens_from_SE_02-03-05_med.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
16-06-2016, 03:40 PM
(16-06-2016 03:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The "mommy blogs" are going crazy with don't blame the family thing...

No one is responsible except for Disney who didn't do more to keep alligators out. They also claim the since the child wasn't swimming but just jumping and splashing...Facepalm

Seriously.

I can still sympathize with the family, while condemning their blatant stupidity and reckless disregard of posted signs....signs that also included an image of an alligator.

Yeah, the aligator sign is in question. One of the articles I had read had been edited a few hours after my post reflecting that Disney did not have a gator warning on the sign.

Still... Disney cannot remove gators from the property any more than they can remove birds, squirrels, or mosquitoes. A no swimming sign in a state known for its gators needs to be taken seriously.
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
16-06-2016, 04:17 PM
(16-06-2016 03:40 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 03:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The "mommy blogs" are going crazy with don't blame the family thing...

Seriously.

Yeah, the aligator sign is in question. One of the articles I had read had been edited a few hours after my post reflecting that Disney did not have a gator warning on the sign.

Still... Disney cannot remove gators from the property any more than they can remove birds, squirrels, or mosquitoes. A no swimming sign in a state known for its gators needs to be taken seriously.

Interesting about the sign. Still "no swimming" to me is don't go in the water.

I've never been to Florida. I've only seen alligators at the San Francisco Zoo. And even I know the state is full of them.

Since disney world is formally swampland I'd expect nothing different. To think the joke used to be about selling 'swampland in Florida' as popular as selling the Brooklyn Bridge.

They did alter slightly the dialogue in the Jungle Cruise ride...which I do feel is appropriate.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-06-2016, 05:20 PM
(16-06-2016 03:40 PM)Aliza Wrote:  

Seriously.

mommy blogs.......ugh.
"can't they keep their prehistoric lizard predators on a leash?"
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
16-06-2016, 07:10 PM
Sad. We had a fatal crocodile attack here a couple of weeks ago, followed by two fatal shark attacks.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
16-06-2016, 07:21 PM
It appears that 'no swimming' signs aren't clear enough. They didn't say no wading, walking, splashing, etc. We must need to start making signs for everything that cover every possible variation and then hope people read them and follow what they say.

This was a terrible accident that could have been avoided by the application of common sense.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post