Gay Animals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Gay Animals
I'll let Ricky Gervais discuss this a bit using a book called "Biological exuberance: Animal homosexuality and natural diversity" by Bruce Bagemihl

skip to about 6:05 for the gay animal bit. Not only is it hilarious, but now you have a direct reference to give anyone that tries to tell you homosexuality isn't natural.

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2012 12:15 PM by PoolBoyG.)
Rainbow RE: Gay Animals
I don't accept the argument that "natural" means desirable for the person or society. The desire to rape and murder might be "natural".

If reasoned thinking led to homosexual, or a whim on a Friday night, that's just as good. No one can interfere between a. consenting b. adults.
[+] 3 users Like PoolBoyG's post
11-10-2012, 12:15 PM
RE: Gay Animals
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/200...122106.htm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
11-10-2012, 12:33 PM
I have a spayed female dog, a neutered male dog, and a female that's not fixed yet...everybody is humping everybody. I don't know if that means they are gay or just so frisky it doesn't matter what's available.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
11-10-2012, 12:55 PM
(11-10-2012 11:30 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I'll let Ricky Gervais discuss this a bit using a book called "Biological exuberance: Animal homosexuality and natural diversity" by Bruce Bagemihl

skip to about 6:05 for the gay animal bit. Not only is it hilarious, but now you have a direct reference to give anyone that tries to tell you homosexuality isn't natural.

I learned about the book sometime ago by watching that Gervais clip. There is another, more up-to-date book on the subject (the other was written about 12 years ago), but I can't remember the name.

Creationists often say it's a choice or that it's based on the environment in which humans were raised. One argument is that guys were raised in a fatherless home by a domineering mother. I've run into such people spouting this crap. I think the best rebuttal is the bonobo. Male bonobos mutually masturbate each other. What exactly in their environment would drive them to do this? Even the females are big on rubbing their clits together (a.k.a. "GG Rubbing").

This creationist article is hilarious. They claim female bonobos are only engaging in "mock sex acts" as a way of higher-ranking females dominating lower females. However, he never once describes the actual sex acts that scientists consider to be homosexual in nature. It's obvious that he does this on purpose to leave the article as ambiguous as possible for the creationist readers that are certainly against homosexuality in the first place. "[M]ock sex acts" sounds less homosexual than "clitoris rubbing." And the intended deception is all the more obvious because the source that he used (a BBC science article) has pictures of females GG-rubbing accompanied with captions like: "Female bonobos have forward facing genitalia and often have face-to-face sexual contact with other females." Even the BBC article cleaned up the language, but it's still obvious what the two ladies are doing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2012, 01:12 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2012 02:40 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(11-10-2012 12:55 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  The argument is that guys were raised in a fatherless home by a domineering mother.

In part this is based on the fallacy of "effeminacy" (which Hollywood has, until recently, perpetuated). In fact, (as you probably know from being in the service), there is at least as much an obsession with "hyper-masculinity", as the opposite. The "Marine" bars in Oceanside, (near the Marine bases), out here in Cali are jam-packed with very masculine dudes every night of the week, which puts the lie to the "domineering mother"/effeminate gay bull.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
11-10-2012, 02:53 PM
I don't disagree on the natural vs unnatural debate Poolboy, I just get pissed at that ridiculous attempt at an argument and/or dismissal of someone's life. I mean, to say that anything humans do is unnatural is to imply humans exist outside of nature or that things we do exist outside of nature. But that simply isn't true. We are a part of nature, so the things we do are still natural, they just might not occur without us. The keyword though is MIGHT.

Evolve
11-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Being that gay animals tend to get complicated and the creatards just end up denying their existence anyway; I like to take the "It's not natural" argument in a different direction.

I point out to them that eyeglasses aren't natural, and yet they wear them. Antibiotics aren't natural, and yet they take them. Driving a car instead of using our "God-given" feet isn't natural, and yet they drive to church every Sunday.

It usually catches them off guard to realize that they tot around the "unnatural" argument, and yet they're guilty of doing unnatural things all the time.

Of course, that inevitably leads to special pleading; saying that "gawd din't say nuthin' 'bout no eyeglasses 'n such" so "ain't none that don't matter none"; at which point I simply smack them over the head with whatever blunt object I happen to have at my disposal and move on with my day.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 3 users Like Misanthropik's post
12-10-2012, 09:55 AM
(11-10-2012 01:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(11-10-2012 12:55 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  The argument is that guys were raised in a fatherless home by a domineering mother.

In part this is based on the fallacy of "effeminacy" (which Hollywood has, until recently, perpetuated). In fact, (as you probably know from being in the service), there is at least as much an obsession with "hyper-masculinity", as the opposite. The "Marine" bars in Oceanside, (near the Marine bases), out here in Cali are jam-packed with very masculine dudes every night of the week, which puts the lie to the "domineering mother"/effeminate gay bull.

There would be no such things as "bears" if there were no masculine gay guys. The "domineering mother" is just outdated psychology that is being used by hatemongers who adhere to outdated Middle Eastern beliefs.

No thread on gay animals is complete without a joke:

What do gay horses eat? Haaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy!
[+] 3 users Like ghostexorcist's post
12-10-2012, 01:30 PM
(11-10-2012 12:55 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  There is another, more up-to-date book on the subject (the other was written about 12 years ago), but I can't remember the name.

This is the one I'm talking about:

http://www.amazon.com/Homosexual-Behavio...im_sbs_b_3

It is a collection of papers by biologists.