Gay Animals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2012, 04:37 PM
RE: Gay Animals
I don't know about Gay animals, but my uncle used to have a dog that was Bi-Sexual - he didn't care what sex the other dog was! Also, not only was this dog Bi-sexual, he'd also do the farm animals and even your leg if ya' didn't stop him. That Dog was an equal-opportunity lover.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Julius's post
18-10-2012, 06:26 AM
I don't know. Um, calling animals homosexual is, uh, anthropomorphic.

The word "homosexual is uniquely human." Human's defined the word, and applied it to point out distinct differences, pointing to the behavior as odd, strange, ungodly, and have used various words for the behavior over many thousands of Years. If the name did not exhist then . . .?

Michelle Foucault believed the word was anacronistic in an historical sense as many past cultures did not have a reference that distinguished the practice.

Our use of the word homosexual serves to target people. Some accept the practice. Do I believe the practice is natural, of course. Human sexuality is very complex. But, humans do fight, spit, revile, and kill others because this name exists. It is a free ticket

I don't see non-human animals exhibiting this same courses of action, their nature is simply different from ours.

Consenting adults do not psychologically hurt or destroy one another. Those that cannot consent or do not consent (rape and child sexual assult) are psychologically damaged. This is not natural behavior because of the result, and we can think.

I did hear, in a human sexuality class, that bulls are the only known species, other than humans, that rape their kind.
18-10-2012, 07:20 AM
Rape occurs in most all species, not just cows.

Evolve
18-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Back to a computer to expand on my above post. We see forced copulation and deceit in the animal kingdom all the time. There is a species of beetle that has alpha-males, beta-males, and females. The alphas compete for the attention of the females to mate, while the betas trick them because they look like females. The female lays the eggs and the beta ambles over and fertilizes them with the female none the wiser.

A more direct example would be waterfowl, as this might be more analogous to what you are talking about when you mention rape. (this information is from a talk I saw a while back that was very good). Females have a corkscrew shaped reproductive tract and males have a corkscrew shaped penis. The difference is that the penis and the vagina spiral in incompatible ways. That makes it very difficult for the penis to fully penetrate into the female, giving the female more control on the reproduction and fertilization process. If she is receptive, she can posture herself in such a way so as to open up the tract and allow for better penetration, thereby increasing the chance of fertilization. If she is not receptive and the male forces copulation, she resists and does not make any effort to improve his chances. The result is that a receptive female is impregnated well over 50% of the time while females who are forced to copulate are impregnated <5% of the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjwjlVmPPEY
This is a video of the waterfowl penis as seen by a high-speed camera. The open tract on the outside of the corkscrew-shaped penis is where the semen travels. He "releases" his penis and semen at the same time and is done mating in seconds.

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
19-10-2012, 02:21 AM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2012 02:51 AM by depat.)
A bull is considered to be raping the female when he forces her obedience when she is not in estres, and he uses a great deal of damaging force, sometimes killing the caw, to copulate. This is not considered a natural act in bulldom.

Male cats have a barbed penis; it is very painful for the female--she screams, and not in ardent passion. But this is not rape.

I am very much looking forward to more, as I have an interest.

I am wondering if any "gay" animals mate for life, as some animals do mate for life?
19-10-2012, 02:58 AM
Very interesting. Masturbation is also natural, but we humans seem to have a problem with it. Birds do it. I think apes do it as well.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
19-10-2012, 03:37 AM
Masterbation is very natural. The problem arises when someone's "God" deems it a sin or rather a waste of fluid.

God has not yet told animals to STOP; "stop, you puny animal, you only have 25 uses for that thing," thunder, thunder, lightening strike, CLAP, thunder rollng off into the distance.

Birds "do it"? Maybe even bees do it. I hear a tra, la, la.
[+] 1 user Likes depat's post
19-10-2012, 04:32 AM
(19-10-2012 03:37 AM)depat Wrote:  Masterbation is very natural. The problem arises when someone's "God" deems it a sin or rather a waste of fluid.

God has not yet told animals to STOP; "stop, you puny animal, you only have 25 uses for that thing," thunder, thunder, lightening strike, CLAP, thunder rollng off into the distance.

Birds "do it"? Maybe even bees do it. I hear a tra, la, la.

That is an interesting thought. I am not sure if bees do it. I know for a fact that birds do it, because I have birds and have seen it first hand.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Animals in SPACE! EvolutionKills 2 34 Today 06:18 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  List of 10 animals you might never thought of or even think would be animals. Metazoa Zeke 12 286 15-04-2014 05:19 AM
Last Post: Filox
  Animals you fear. Metazoa Zeke 48 657 09-04-2014 10:55 PM
Last Post: Full Circle
  Evolution defying animals? EEEEH Cdf50 32 7,287 16-01-2014 07:21 AM
Last Post: Mathilda
  Animals can be giant jerks Raptor Jesus 5 651 07-11-2013 05:50 AM
Last Post: Juv
  Animals and Empathy Full Circle 27 1,270 15-05-2013 05:10 PM
Last Post: ghostexorcist
Lightbulb Artificial Intelligence vs. Bioengineered Animals PoolBoyG 3 423 11-04-2013 02:28 AM
Last Post: Heywood Jahblome