Gay Christians... What?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Gay Christians... What?
This is something that always bothered me... Like... Being lectured on God and morality and by christian gays and them trying to convert me and being told things like "you're kidding yourself out of God because of your sexuality" (I'm bi) by Gay Christians. Just things like that.

But... It's pretty obvious to anyone who reads the Bible that in christian belief being Gay is worthy of a death sentence.

What it going on with all the Gay Christians?

I also noticed something else; Gay, Furry, 'fuck you! I'm a dragon/wolf/fox" Christians.

To me this seems the height of hypocrisy.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2010, 07:35 PM
RE: Gay Christians... What?
cognitive dissonance anyone?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-10-2010, 08:59 PM
I don't think most of them do though, that makes it a little odder.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
28-10-2010, 10:24 PM
I've never understood Otherkin by themselves, let alone Christian Otherkin, although I do remember joining an Otherkin forum during my "I'm not a Christian anymore--what the hell do I believe in?" phase with a "Christian Otherkin" board on it. But hey. Tongue

As for gay Christians, I think it's more a denominational thing. I was [possibly Reformed] Southern Baptist, and basically would have been stoned if I came out while still being in the faith. Tongue When I was asking online sources for advice on coming out, I actually received a reply from a gay Christian who told me that if I was leaving Christianity because of my sexuality, then I should give it another thought and read through the scriptures. He postures that homosexuality is no longer a sin under the new law, just as being uncircumcised is okay.

I figure that in some denominations, this idea is the norm, and homosexuals are more accepted than in the fundie farms.

Still, YHWH made it quite clear that he hates me as a gay and believes I should be not only stoned to death, but spend the rest of eternity in agony for the heinous crime of being created to be attracted to guys. Tongue I personally don't feel the urge to worship him after that, thanks.

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-10-2010, 10:39 PM

Lightbulb RE: Gay Christians... What?
The case could be made that Christ was gay. It's just as valid as the claim he existed in the first place, given the company he enjoyed was that of 12 men and a woman he allegedly never touched. *Unless you speak to the Greek Orthodox, who believe he married the Magdalene and had children and that it was the fruits of her womb that gave life to the legend of the holy grail*

The gay angle goes especially well, when one considers at the time of his arrest Jesus was found to be in the company of a neaniskos, according to Marks account,(Mark 15:51,52) who clad himself only in a linen cloth, when seized in Gethsemane by the Roman Cohort. At the time of the arrest, per the scriptures, it was very cold and so a linen cloth wouldn't be enough to be considered as apparel. We "know" this because it was winter, when Jesus was taken into custody by that Cohort. (LINK)
So why would a naked young man be wrapped in a linen cloth (sheet?) while the companion with Jesus? Unless all the Disciples slept naked and close together in winter, because that does help to conduct body heat better than clad in the clothing they, as men of moderate means, would have had.

Aside from that, what's interesting about the arrest, as related in the books of Matthew and John, is that a Roman Cohort at that time was comprised of at least 600 soldiers. That's a hell of a band of men dispatched to take one Jew into custody, who's associates numbered only 12 if we include the Magdalene.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And I realize this may prompt another reply that I just don't get your humor. However, I figure if a Christos Bot happens in, this will really frazzle their synapses as they try to take the gist of the post.
Of course, with my luck it'll be a hermaphrobot, Buddhist, Bisexual and thus know exactly what I'm doing! Undecided Bastards! Someone should really see about yanking their spark plug.
Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2010, 10:45 PM
I never understood otherkin either.
I thought I was one for a short time, then I just realized I have an unholy attraction (refer to username xDD)

Still I would like to see the interpretation of the Bible where Gay is OK for christians. I mean coz as far as I know like 80% of the "kill gays!" stuff in the Bible was in the new testament. Though I may be wrong.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
28-10-2010, 10:48 PM

(28-10-2010 10:45 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I never understood otherkin either.
I thought I was one for a short time, then I just realized I have an unholy attraction (refer to username xDD)

Still I would like to see the interpretation of the Bible where Gay is OK for christians. I mean coz as far as I know like 80% of the "kill gays!" stuff in the Bible was in the new testament. Though I may be wrong.

Cease to fear.
There's no may be, about it. Wink
29-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Hey sorry I didn't see your last post xD

Still, nice case in it. Still your second confuses me, I'm still drinking Malibu Tongue

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
29-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Belonging to an organization that persecutes them. I don't get that at all.
29-10-2010, 07:59 PM

(29-10-2010 07:47 PM)No J. Wrote:  Belonging to an organization that persecutes them. I don't get that at all.

It's a choice.