Gay Christians... What?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2010, 10:15 PM
RE: Gay Christians... What?
I know that it is a choice. It is "why would anyone choose to make THAT choice" that baffles me. If a group persecuted me, I would leave faster than you can say good riddance.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2010, 10:44 PM

Rainbow RE: Gay Christians... What?
(29-10-2010 10:15 PM)No J. Wrote:  I know that it is a choice. It is "why would anyone choose to make THAT choice" that baffles me. If a group persecuted me, I would leave faster than you can say good riddance.
Really! I mean, it's like that other group that makes THEIR choice, and who persecute those others living THAT choice. If I was living THEIR life, I'd smack myself really really hard and say, what the hell am I thinking?
Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2010, 12:19 AM
You know what I love is gay priests and gay bishops saying that the Catholic church is open to their sexuality.

Forgive me but you swear an oath of celibacy when you enter into the priesthood...how on earth could you possibly claim to have any kind of homosexual authority when you are forbidden to engage in the most intimate act of sexuality.

That's why priests have less then bad credibility on sexual values. They cannot engage in the act! Would you let someone without a gun lecture you on gun safety when they don't own a firearm themselves?
30-10-2010, 08:47 AM
Quote:You know what I love is gay priests and gay bishops saying that the Catholic church is open to their sexuality.

I must have missed this. Where did a Catholic priest or bishop say they were gay and the church was open to it?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
30-10-2010, 11:39 AM
An interview from a gay christian would be interesting. Maybe they believe that YHWH has forgiven them through Jesus.

Offtopic: forgive me my possible ignorance, but does any of you know where in the bible does Jesus or Yahweh say that through Jesus' death all sins will be forgiven? All I remember is a promise by Jesus that because of his death all who can believe in him will spend an eternity in heaven. I've googled a little but I'm getting sick of these Paul quotes when handling some basic beliefs of christianity. I've read 2 gospels, but it has been time since I did it.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
30-10-2010, 08:50 PM
(30-10-2010 08:47 AM)BnW Wrote:  
Quote:You know what I love is gay priests and gay bishops saying that the Catholic church is open to their sexuality.

I must have missed this. Where did a Catholic priest or bishop say they were gay and the church was open to it?

James Allison.

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/encounter/stori...029756.htm

Just one of the more recent examples I've come across. The Catholic church according to the Catechism teaches that it's find to be gay as long as you don't act on it. They view it as a struggle you just have to deal with.

They miss the far more obvious question...if someone is born gay who's fault is it they have that struggle in the first place?
30-10-2010, 09:39 PM

(30-10-2010 11:39 AM)Kikko Wrote:  An interview from a gay christian would be interesting. Maybe they believe that YHWH has forgiven them through Jesus.

Offtopic: forgive me my possible ignorance, but does any of you know where in the bible does Jesus or Yahweh say that through Jesus' death all sins will be forgiven? All I remember is a promise by Jesus that because of his death all who can believe in him will spend an eternity in heaven. I've googled a little but I'm getting sick of these Paul quotes when handling some basic beliefs of christianity. I've read 2 gospels, but it has been time since I did it.

Well, there's this:

Acts 2:38

Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 10:43 (King James Version)
To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved...For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:9,13

Does that sound like what you're looking for?
31-10-2010, 05:11 AM
Quote:Acts 2:38
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Peter.
Quote:Acts 10:43 (King James Version)
To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
Peter.
Quote:"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved...For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:9,13
Paul on afterlife.

Or did Jesus tell them that his death forgave all sin?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
31-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Overall It's just silly hate and I really wish that if Christians can be smart enough to understand why it's bad to stone people to death maybe they should let go of some of the other stupid things the bible says.
31-10-2010, 01:42 PM

(31-10-2010 05:11 AM)Kikko Wrote:  
Quote:Acts 2:38
Peter.
Quote:Acts 10:43 (King James Version)
Peter.
Quote:"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved...For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:9,13
Paul on afterlife.

Or did Jesus tell them that his death forgave all sin?
Those are the only one's I thought would come close to what you're asking for. I don't know of any verse wherein Jesus himself "says" that.