Gay Footy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Gay Footy.
Yesterday, by pure chance, I ended up at an Australian Rules football game played by women and as I had never seen such before, except for brief glimpses, decided to have a look.

The standard was quite high, not too brutal, no posturing or macho acts, and played hard but seemingly in good spirit. I felt that at least half the players were lesbians along with a sprinkling perhaps of bi sexual girls.

What was far more interesting, and I thought of this later, was the crowd behaviour. No drunken yobbos, ultra loud mouths, not too much bad language....in short, a very pleasant atmosphere. There were lots of couples with kids and I approached one bloke to ask some questions about the competition.( V.W.F.L) and as it turned out the guy was a girl, and a very pleasant one at that, with a partner and very happy looking little kid. This seemed pretty much the norm among the crowd with not too many males or conventional families about.

In the past I have been somewhat critical of gay parenting, a contention that was dismissed in an atmosphere that could be termed saner than sane, an atmosphere conducive to love and well being.

I recall the words of a lady friend and her saying her son would make a great mum.
The father, when asked by her how he would react to a male partner being brought home said......" I think I would vomit". Maybe, like me, he would have learn't something at that very much family, footy match.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
06-04-2013, 04:41 PM
RE: Gay Footy.
So where is the philosophizing part in this?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
06-04-2013, 04:49 PM
(06-04-2013 04:41 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  So where is the philosophizing part in this?

It lies in the fact that our thoughts can be modified and even changed as a result of unexpected experiences.
Philosophy is not about, though it often occurs, pushing a rigid position; rather it is about always thinking, revising, and remaining flexible.
[+] 5 users Like Mr Woof's post
06-04-2013, 04:53 PM
(06-04-2013 04:49 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 04:41 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  So where is the philosophizing part in this?

It lies in the fact that our thoughts can be modified and even changed as a result of unexpected experiences.
Philosophy is not about, though it often occurs, pushing a rigid position; rather it is about always thinking, revising, and remaining flexible.

Translation I got a warm fuzzy feeling and grew as a personThumbsup

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
06-04-2013, 05:32 PM
(06-04-2013 04:49 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  

I see - it wasn't apparent to me. Thanks for clearing that up.

Did the modified/changed thoughts happen towards the feeling you had of half of the players being lesbians after the unexpected experiences?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
06-04-2013, 05:42 PM
(06-04-2013 05:32 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 04:49 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  It lies in the fact that our thoughts can be modified and even changed as a result of unexpected experiences.

I see - it wasn't apparent to me. Thanks for clearing that up.

Did the modified/changed thoughts happen towards the feeling you had of half of the players being lesbians after the unexpected experiences?

I did't expect anything, re percentages, anything.........my thoughts largely the next day were simply a generalized consideration. I was not making a survey of any sort, my considerations simply flowed along and became more solidified the following day.
06-04-2013, 06:58 PM
So it seems you can teach an old dog new tricks. Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
06-04-2013, 09:01 PM
It doesn't matter what I say because I'm on your ignore list.

So I will just say titty sprinkles twenty times and begone.

titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
06-04-2013, 11:07 PM
(06-04-2013 09:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It doesn't matter what I say because I'm on your ignore list.

So I will just say titty sprinkles twenty times and begone.

titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles titty sprinkles

Twenty times, some sort of curse, sounds ominous!Unsure
06-04-2013, 11:20 PM
How did you determine the sexual orientation of the participants? What the hell was gong on on that field of play that lead you to your conclusion? Did you take pictures?

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
[+] 5 users Like Heathen's post