Poll: About gay Marriage....
Love it, Can`t get enough of it.
No way, marriage is for straights only....
Marriage... gotta go.
No one should get married.
Only lesbians, cause it`s hot.
Only dudes, cause it`s hot
we need something new
I`m already married to the same sex.
[Show Results]

Gay Marriage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2011, 04:45 AM
RE: Gay Marriage
I like your idea, Hughsie!

If I wasn't already married I would have loved to get a civil union that would be equal to marriage.

But I think I have a better idea, civil unions for all! Absolutely no religion whatsoever. Just like how people file for a marriage license, people would file for a civil union. If they wanted a pomp and circumstance, well that's on them.

I got married in Japan, and I like how they did their system. You simply went to town hall, did some paperwork, and came back the next day, and then congrats! You were married, the government has no time or money for pomp and circumstance.

If two religious people would like to be considered "married", then they are free to do so, at their church, but to the government, they are just like everyone else.

I think this idea is good simply because it means less paperwork for all.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2011, 06:53 AM
There is no need for the pomp and circumstance in most places. You go to the courthouse and get your marriage license. The big wedding is purely for show. If weddings really held the significance than groups like the quakers could legally marry gay people.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
26-06-2011, 10:23 AM
What I'm saying is that if a religious couple wants to be considered "Married" in their faith, that's up to them.

I was just proposing that the government should just stay out of the marriage business all together, if they demand that people must be bound to each other to be considered family, then make it all the same. In my idea, when it comes down to tax time, you are considered a civil union by the government, regardless of what you consider yourself (Married/Joined... whatever you wish)

I think this way, religious people can stop claiming "Marriage is between a man and a woman, see, it says it here in my dictionary..." Fine then, have it your way... you can have your word.

I think this way, it takes a little power away from the church, and totally cuts them out of the official marriage business all together.

Besides, I would much rather consider myself joined with my husband then married. My relationship is no business of the church or the gods they worship.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes monkeyshine89's post