rigid police checking.
no bigamous mormons
[Show Results]

Gay Marriage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2011, 05:53 PM
RE: Gay Marriage
Neil Patrick Harris was just on "Jay Leno" last night talking about the twins that he and his husband have. I believe that he said they ( he and his partner ) were sperm doners, in hopes that one would come to term in a surrogate mother. Apparently, one egg from each doner took.
If something were to happen to one of them, it's my opinion that the survivor should get to raise both kids, not a family member of the deceased. As to court litigation over a brake up, if the kids were from the parents doner samples, then perhaps they should go with the respective parent, but I don't know, because I don't believe in breaking up children either. I guess joint parenthood would be the only fair way out. The kids should get to stay together, and switch off between parents together. Or maybe in an ideal world, the kids get the house, and the parents take turns coming to raise them. It's my belief that if both parents were good to the kids, then they should share custody of them. If one parent is unfit, then that parent should forfeit their custody. If the kids are old enough, let them decide.
I do not believe that gay couple / hetero couple should even be taken into consideration. To me, that's as bad as racism!

Oxymoron: "Religious teaching"
"Simple common sense goes out the window when religion comes in through the door." Me (Blasphemy Fan )
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2011, 06:39 PM

Doesn't seem like something that should be an issue. As far as we know, there is no relation between someone's gender identity, sexuality, etc. and how well they can raise their kids. If we want to prohibit couples from raising kids, let's start with factors that actually have an impact on the kids' well-being before we get into silly shit like whether they're gay or still have the sex organs they were born with.

The sole reason for discriminating against same sex couples, transgendered individuals, and any other "sexually deviant" people when it comes to raising kids is homophobia/bigotry, usually religiously inspired homophobia/bigotry. Every attempt to rationalize such an attitude lacks any substance whatsoever. I know that some people on the fence or somewhat opposed may have good intentions because they buy into rationalizations given by the bigots. But anyone who applies any critical thinking to these justifications and keeps their position is either incapable of critical thinking or desperate to justify their own prejudice.

Just my humble opinion on the matter Tongue

edit: I have no idea what that poll is supposed to mean. What is "rigid police checking"? If it's a suggestion that potential parents/guardians be screened, there's no reason to exclude heterosexual couples from that screening process.
Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2011, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2011 07:03 PM by GirlyMan.)
(19-07-2011 06:39 PM)Zach Wrote:  Doesn't seem like something that should be an issue.

As oliethefolie so eloquently put it, "The Stupid. It Burns!"

(19-07-2011 04:38 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  As a vego I prefer straight vegemite.

Yummm ... vegemite sandwich. =p~

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
20-07-2011, 10:04 AM
I wish I understood what the poll is all about Undecided

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.