Gay Marriage Opponents Ask Appeals Court to Reinstate 2008 Ban

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2011, 12:29 PM
RE: Gay Marriage Opponents Ask Appeals Court to Reinstate 2008 Ban
It's not the state's job to tell others who can be married and to reproduce.

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2011, 08:36 PM
I'm so glad I'm an Atheist so that I can make up my own opinions and just leave people to their own business.

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
Find all posts by this user
06-04-2011, 07:52 AM
The really frustrating hypocrisy, among numerous obviously, is that this is being propagated mainly by the Republican party who is constantly pushing for LESS government but in this case they want MORE...I just do not understand.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
06-04-2011, 10:34 PM
(04-04-2011 09:38 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  They're terrified of satanists, they think they're magic or something lol. I told one I was a Satanist and they NEVER bothered me again (I lived in Las Vegas at the time). Now I wish more missionaries came to my house though, because I want to "chat" with them Wink

LOL! I don't know why I didn't think of that. Although some of them might think that even a Satanist is no match for their magic underwear. And yes... that is TRUE. They wear an undergarment that they believe somehow protects them from what I don't know. They are not allowed to wear it though unless they've earned "Temple Rights". In order to earn those rights they have to give them 10% of their salary. One Mormon told me that they aren't required to pay the tithing if they can't or simply choose not to they're not kicked out of the Church but they simply don't get Temple Rights if they don't. Also I was told that those with Temple Rights have a certain number of kids. I never could confirm that because if you ask them directly they're vague about it and I was never sure if the number of kids they had to have was 3 or 5. But there are some other weird requirements they have for the Temple Rights and certain things they are allowed and not allowed to do once they have them.
(06-04-2011 07:52 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The really frustrating hypocrisy, among numerous obviously, is that this is being propagated mainly by the Republican party who is constantly pushing for LESS government but in this case they want MORE...I just do not understand.

I think more specifically it's the Mormon Church that's behind it. I know they were the largest contributors to prop 8 and prop 102.
07-04-2011, 01:23 PM
(06-04-2011 10:34 PM)SoCATrueAtheist Wrote:  
(04-04-2011 09:38 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  They're terrified of satanists, they think they're magic or something lol. I told one I was a Satanist and they NEVER bothered me again (I lived in Las Vegas at the time). Now I wish more missionaries came to my house though, because I want to "chat" with them Wink

LOL! I don't know why I didn't think of that. Although some of them might think that even a Satanist is no match for their magic underwear. And yes... that is TRUE. They wear an undergarment that they believe somehow protects them from what I don't know. They are not allowed to wear it though unless they've earned "Temple Rights". In order to earn those rights they have to give them 10% of their salary. One Mormon told me that they aren't required to pay the tithing if they can't or simply choose not to they're not kicked out of the Church but they simply don't get Temple Rights if they don't. Also I was told that those with Temple Rights have a certain number of kids. I never could confirm that because if you ask them directly they're vague about it and I was never sure if the number of kids they had to have was 3 or 5. But there are some other weird requirements they have for the Temple Rights and certain things they are allowed and not allowed to do once they have them.
(06-04-2011 07:52 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The really frustrating hypocrisy, among numerous obviously, is that this is being propagated mainly by the Republican party who is constantly pushing for LESS government but in this case they want MORE...I just do not understand.

I think more specifically it's the Mormon Church that's behind it. I know they were the largest contributors to prop 8 and prop 102.

They are also one of the major supporters of the Boy Scouts of America which does not admit gays, atheists or agnostics...you make a valid point.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley