Gay Pride brings the Christians out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2015, 06:38 PM
RE: Gay Pride brings the Christians out
(23-05-2015 05:37 PM)Nieko Sx Wrote:  When you talk of homo-romanticism are you talking about feelings rather than actions?

No, homosexuality and homo-romanticism are two distinct feelings (they can even oppose each other, like someone who wants to cuddle and kiss with men, but gets aroused by women), though for the majority of people these two feelings are similar enough that the distinction isn't really necessary.

When people publicly declare their partnership in the form of a marriage, they're saying "I want to further my romantic relationship with this person", not just "this person turns me on sexually" (though technically neither romantic nor sexual attraction is actually a requirement for wanting to form a lifelong intimate partnership with someone.)

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2015, 02:51 AM
Yeah I can't see where the choice comes Into it.

Women arouse me... Men don't.

Same as certain types or ages of women don't arouse me either. Nothing personal or nothing prejudice. That's just what I find attractive/unattractive, I have no say in that.

Believers seem to be hung up on the word Choice. A homosexual CHOOSES to be that way... An Atheist CHOOSES to be that way.

Theists can't seem to accept that some things are juat not a choice... Or maybe they just CHOOSE to think that way so it makes it much easier to look down on everyone.
26-05-2015, 03:35 AM
I couldn't see anything personal in this thread or any requests for support.

Thread moved

26-05-2015, 03:53 AM
(26-05-2015 02:51 AM)TheStraightener Wrote:  Yeah I can't see where the choice comes Into it.

Same as certain types or ages of women don't arouse me either. Nothing personal or nothing prejudice. That's just what I find attractive/unattractive, I have no say in that.

Believers seem to be hung up on the word Choice. A homosexual CHOOSES to be that way... An Atheist CHOOSES to be that way.

Theists can't seem to accept that some things are juat not a choice... Or maybe they just CHOOSE to think that way so it makes it much easier to look down on everyone.

I don't understand why if it *is* a choice that makes it OK to hate them anyway? Like, what about respecting other people's right to choose their own path in life? Feckin' Christees Undecided

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
26-05-2015, 04:33 AM
Homophobia is indeed an interesting psychological topic. And I would without hesitation blame religion for the majority of its sufferers. But it all makes me ponder its origins. Did this all start cause one guy was uncomfortable or disgusted by the idea and gave God the credit as to further spread his opinion/fear?

I recall having a conversation with a Christian coworker about the Oedipus complex and that at some point as a young child he likely had a sexual dream of his mother. He was obviously turned away by the thought but didn't object to its likelihood. Not intending to make the conversation religious, but just to make a comparison, I mentioned that it was no different than the likelihood that at some point he had dreams of homosexual sex...his demeanor immediately turned to denial and frustration bordering on rage. I made the connection that, just like a dream about his mother, it didn't mean he wanted to screw her or bang guys. That they were just dreams. Didn't matter and of course he brought into it the OT laws against two guys stabbing each other in the chops.
26-05-2015, 06:08 AM
(26-05-2015 03:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-05-2015 02:51 AM)TheStraightener Wrote:  Yeah I can't see where the choice comes Into it.

I don't understand why if it *is* a choice that makes it OK to hate them anyway? Like, what about respecting other people's right to choose their own path in life? Feckin' Christees Undecided

Because for as long as there is choice... The Bible is correct. How can the bible be the word of god if he hates people who have no control over their sexuality etc? That doesn't sound like the fluffy god I love. Bring choice into it though.. And then the fault is on the person.
26-05-2015, 06:59 AM
Wonder what would happen if we started a mega prayer circle and prayed that Jim Bob Duggar turns gay. If our pray-ers outnumber his pray-ers, wouldn't we win?

Obviously need more coffee.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
26-05-2015, 07:43 AM
(26-05-2015 06:59 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Wonder what would happen if we started a mega prayer circle and prayed that Jim Bob Duggar turns gay. If our pray-ers outnumber his pray-ers, wouldn't we win?

Obviously need more coffee.

I think it would work. I know from research that prayer works best in first world countries.
[+] 2 users Like TheStraightener's post
26-05-2015, 10:08 AM
my religious dad asked me to go to a marriage counseling class, its was religious

the counselors were protestants so but what they talked about was from their experiences counseling married people and how to resolve problems, god wasn't brought up a all
the only thing religious they said was about the religious significance in marriage held in Christianity and talked about the early history of the protestant movement

they actually endorsed sex and contraception, their pro-abortion in some circumstances (like not aborting would endanger the mothers life) but aren't zealously against it. their ok with sex for pleasure saying that you should use contraception for safety
they even said sex is "divine" which I dot' get and they didn't bother to explain

they had a doctor come and talk about the biological aspects on pregnancy, childbearing, and everything else
this doc was catholic so you can guess her views on abortion Facepalm