Gay church weddings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2015, 01:27 PM
Gay church weddings
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/epis...?cid=sm_fb

Quote:Episcopalians have voted to allow religious weddings for same-sex couples, just days after the U.S. Supreme Court legalized gay marriage nationwide.

The vote came Wednesday in Salt Lake City at the denomination's national assembly. The measure passed by an overwhelming margin in the House of Deputies, the voting body of clergy and lay people at the meeting. The day before, the House of Bishops had approved the resolution, 129-26 with five abstaining.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
02-07-2015, 01:50 PM
RE: Gay church weddings
Quick! Change the rules before people start realizing how crazy we are and leaving!

Funny how a vote can change the law of an almighty being.
[+] 7 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
02-07-2015, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2015 06:38 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(02-07-2015 01:27 PM)Dom Wrote:  http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/epis...?cid=sm_fb

Quote:Episcopalians have voted to allow religious weddings for same-sex couples, just days after the U.S. Supreme Court legalized gay marriage nationwide.

The vote came Wednesday in Salt Lake City at the denomination's national assembly. The measure passed by an overwhelming margin in the House of Deputies, the voting body of clergy and lay people at the meeting. The day before, the House of Bishops had approved the resolution, 129-26 with five abstaining.

The Episcopal Church in the US has always been very progressive. It's been in the works for a long time. They ordain women, have gay priests and bishops, and even had a woman as their Presiding US Bishop (Catherine Jeffers Shorey ... cool lady IMO)....but the Anglicans in England (and a few arch-conservative parishes in the US) have formed "traditional dioceses" just like the Cat-o-licks. They are at least in the 20th Century. England is still fighting over last century's debates.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-07-2015, 04:34 AM
How many people have registered to marry their dogs???

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
03-07-2015, 04:50 AM
Good for them. Episcopalians have a fairly likable imaginary deity, compared to most Christians. Nicest Christians I've met in real life have been Episcopalians.
03-07-2015, 04:52 AM
Gay church weddings

Weddings between gay churches?

Fabulous!

Smile

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
03-07-2015, 06:41 AM
(03-07-2015 04:34 AM)Banjo Wrote:  How many people have registered to marry their dogs???

My neighbors. They divorced their cat, who demanded alimony and 1/2 the pet food and the kitty condo. Damn gold-digger.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-07-2015, 06:42 AM
I hope one gay wedding one man looks like jesus, and the other john.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
03-07-2015, 08:32 AM
(02-07-2015 01:50 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Quick! Change the rules before people start realizing how crazy we are and leaving!

Cherry-picking on this level makes me wonder why they bother at all.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
03-07-2015, 09:19 AM
(03-07-2015 08:32 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(02-07-2015 01:50 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Quick! Change the rules before people start realizing how crazy we are and leaving!

Cherry-picking on this level makes me wonder why they bother at all.

On the other hand at least they're changing Undecided Feckin'... somehow my FB news feed is full of people digging their heels in and declaring once and for all that gayness is an abomination and JESUS IS LORD and GOD'S WORD IS THE BIBLE AND THE TRUTH DOESN'T CHANGE. I mean... FFS we don't even live in America Rolleyes But you guys are gonna infect us with your fair legal code and principles of freedom of religion or something.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post